Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Did you miss the part where they doesn't matter and that it still exists? Again, before being a hypocrite. Educate yourself.
    K
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I personally think this is Obama's greatest legacy - telling people where they can take a piss.
    Id say the amendment to allow same sex marriage was pretty important.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Cool uniforms?
    He couldn't even get Hugo Boss.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I tend to think any kind of forceful "authoritarianism" is fascist. That could be from either the left or right. In a different thread you brought up that emotions inform rational choice. In this case I think to a lot of people that is exactly what happens. They may not "know" what fascism is exactly, but there tends to be a "gut" feeling that "this" is it. (And that is why I tend to distrust emotion, and would rather have a set "checklist" of actual data points that can be used.)

This is hanging in the Holocaust Museum:

[snip]
    That is an overuse of a very under-defined label. IMHO Fascism is just an overused term, particularly on the left, that has had its meaning stretch out to being almost meaningless as an actual term.

The problem with defining Fascism is that of all the so-called Fascists historically I think only one was a self-described fascist, and the rest were merely called Fascist by their detractors. This level of imprecise and vague definitions makes Fascist effectively a useless insult that is the same as just calling people a Nazi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Identification of enemies as a unifying cause.

Very interesting.
    Yeah, I mean many of these traits can also be found among our Progressive friends as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by devla View Post
    See, this is exactly why you lost the election. You refuse to acknowledge the legitimate issues people have with your agendas and instead you try to make fun of them. Because you are on the right side of history, you are always right, no need to sympathize with those bigoted people, right? And so you become the oppressors and bullies that you hate so much. Continue like this, and 8 years of Trump is all but guaranteed.
    As thankful as we all are for your true and well-intentioned effort to save us from 8 years of Trump if only we follow your advice...

Hmm, no. Somehow I detect a conflict of interest.

Don't worry; if this is the pathway to Trump for 8 years you should be happy. Waiiiit this is like, that reverse psychology thing isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    If they're more male/female than the other then they're that one gender. True Hermaphrodites don't exist.
    Intersex (hermaphroditic) is a recognized biological condition though. Biologically, the person is not categorized as either male or female.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Ain't that the fucking truth!!!!

This "issue" is so fucking ridiculous and not even remotely worth 25 pages of "discussion."
    Yeah, it's simply a waste of time and tax-payer money. It's actually scary how my republican conservative colleagues and the ones I bump into online seem like two whole separate species as far as policy priorities go. They seem more similar to you or @Skroe compared to others.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Yeah, I mean many of these traits can also be found among our Progressive friends as well.
    Everyone is a fascist now, its the latest western trend.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    There's still the last part that remains unchecked. All others already apply.
    I still say we are fuuucked... The end is near

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    That is an overuse of a very under-defined label. IMHO Fascism is just an overused term, particularly on the left, that has had its meaning stretch out to being almost meaningless as an actual term.

The problem with defining Fascism is that of all the so-called Fascists historically I think only one was a self-described fascist, and the rest were merely called Fascist by their detractors. This level of imprecise and vague definitions makes Fascist effectively a useless insult that is the same as just calling people a Nazi.

- - - Updated - - -

Something something fascists are only right wing. How convenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Someone with XY chromosomes who believes they have XX shouldn't be celebrated or dragged out as a prop. They should be shown compassion and empathy. Their plight and struggle shouldn't be associated with some hipster who wants to feel pretty today and get attention.
    There I fixed that for you. Now was that really so hard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Everyone is literally Hitler now, its the latest western trend.
    You're welcome .

It is pleasant to see the federal government taking a step back and allowing the state to make its own decision. Perhaps time that would have been spent on this legislation can go toward something that will supply those with Gender Dysphoria (or GID) the mental and emotional guidance that they need.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Well, is it better to let people do as they want, and makes them happy(and not hurting others), or not? From a libertarian perspective, yes, that is "better".

But that is not what I said really, I said "when things happen that they do not like". So a democrat who acts out because there is policy they do not like will not act better or worse than a republican. The tea party, and the growing equivalent that is being created now, are all the same thing, just from the other bubble.

As for throwing stones when both parties live in glass houses, yes, that is exactly right, because both parties are made of the same flawed humans. Neither liberals or conservatives have a Angel or Saint gene, though both like to think they do.
    Come back to me when they stop advertising themselves as the good, non hateful, non scapegoating people that are the only safeguard against "fascism".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Not denying you're lying though? Got it.
    Considering it wasn't me that you quoted, this comment is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Just throwing this out but I actually detest the word queer and find it ridiculous people say LGBTQ, to me queer will always be a derogatory term against homosexuals
    That's because you're too sensitive. Clearly you must conform.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-02-23 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Recognize that gender and sex are two different concepts.
    They were the same thing until the new age hippies and SJWs who wanted to try and normalize unnatural orientations changed it in the new millenium

I agree it is overused, but since there is no clear definition people just emotionally label something, because to them, in some way or another it hits that "gut" check.

There are also various dictionary and wikipedia articles about it, so people just use that as a guide... most do not do that kind of research, or read through historical documents to get a true label for something... (though perhaps we should, in this day and age).
    Nah. Let's just keep using it stupidly and then order why no one takes it seriously.

Then go read "The boy who cried wolf" and realize there is no wolf.

Or. You can explain why things didn't end in SS marching the streets because the fascist Bush was in office.

Quote Originally Posted by drakensoul View Post
    How did you manage to completely ignore the part that specifically and actually says that being transgendered is not a mental disorder? And then make a house-of-cards argument that "it doesn't not say that they're not not disordered....."

"It doesn't say they don't recognize being trans as a disorder." What a crock. It also doesn't say that cows aren't cars or rollercoasters. What does pointing out the negative space in a paragraph have to do with anything? It doesn't say you should eat lettuce tonight for dinner either... It also doesn't not not say that straight people are mentally ill. I mean it's just a ridiculous device to use to try and make an argument.

It's simply saying that society and social stigma can impose significant stress on a transgendered person's life. Or a homosexual persons life who it also doesn't say aren't disordered, so would you like to assert that homosexuals are mentally ill as well? Skip down to the part where the APA directly says they aren't, much like with transgendered people. Misreading something talking about exogenous stressors as validation of something as a mental illness... sorry, you've made an error somewhere along the thought train.

Gender dysphoria is something intellectually independent from being trans... so no, this isn't your field of study. Or maybe it is but you're still on page one. Keep turning.
    LOL, moving them goal posts so support an agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I think the issue comes down to men... People make it out that men are so perverted and out of control that we need separate bathrooms so women don't get sexually assaulted. For me, I'm alrdy uncomfortable with shitting and pissing with women in the room because there are big gaps in the doors .. The other day I was at a restaurant and there were kids looking through the door while I was trying to pee.. I thought wtf.. I just want to shit in peace if there were just single bathrooms with locked doors people wouldn't be crying.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Come back to me when they stop advertising themselves as the good, non hateful, non scapegoating people that are the only safeguard against "fascism".
    Democrats are a kind of friendly tyranny. It has a much better sleek PR campaign and is all smiles. But it is its own sort of animal. Progressives in power behave with as much caprice, malice, and tyrannical zeal as anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckatron5000 View Post
    You're welcome .
    But guy, calling someone a fascist is the PC way of calling someone a Nazis/Hitler.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."