Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    Draeneis worship the Naaru. I don't think that humans do the same. They worship the light itself. But that doesn't mean a Night Elven priestess of the moon calls her ancient religion to be incomplete and turn to a paladin. Either she wasn't loyal to her goddess or its Blizz bad writing. Elune always cares about those who fight for her and always answers their prayers. Calling that incomplete is not acceptable in any aspect and its a humiliation to Night Elven beliefs.
    I'm not saying that one belief is better than the other but Blizz is doing it atm in a humiliating way. Every belief and religion must be respected. That means something like "Elune created the Naaru" is also wrong and I don't want to see a Draenei worship Elune instead of Naaru in the future even though I like that but I don't want them to turn away from their own belief. I respect their religion and I wish them to keep it and be proud of it.
    That's one of their bigger mistakes in my opinion. They need to keep the lore present and give certain race-specific classes some uniqueness. A tauren paladin wouldn't dress, talk and have the same ceremonies a human one does and this one wouldn't do it like a night elf.

"hm they're connected to the light lol let's just make tauren look like Uther"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    lets be honest this is blizz, doubt we will hear from the nightborne after this expansion
    Eeeh.. pretty much this..

This was a cool kind of ending, it made all our struggle to help the nightbourne with the Arcan'dor seem more meaningful, like the nightbourne have to get back to nature and not live in a bubble of their own magic from here on.

But yes, we're never hear from them again anyway, after this expansion, blizzard isn't in the habit of returning to old stories often, so enjoy this vague outcome while it lasts people.

Although, when you think, aren't they just going from needing the nightwell's magic.. to needing the Arcan'dor's magic fruit? They act like their breaking a dependency, when all their really doing is shifting from one to another. Hell night elves use moonwells, blood elves have the sunwell, so why is the nightwell so awful?
    Last edited by Trassk; 2017-02-23 at 12:21 AM.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Although, when you think, aren't they just going from needing the nightwell's magic.. to needing the Arcan'dor's magic fruit?
    No, because they don't need to keep feeding from the fruit in order to survive. The fruit breaks their dependency on magic.

Hell night elves use moonwells
    They are not dependent on them to survive, thought. There's no painful withdraw effects when a night elf is cut off from the moonwells.

blood elves have the sunwell,
    They were able to survive without it for a time, and other founts of magic could sustain them.

so why is the nightwell so awful?
    Because feeding off it changed them in such a way that their bodies just can't function properly without it. Nightwell became their fount of life, not just power.

--------------------

And I think nightborne will stay somewhat relevant after this expansion...
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-02-23 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    No, because they don't need to keep feeding from the fruit in order to survive. The fruit breaks their dependency on magic.

They are not dependent on them to survive, thought. There's no painful withdraw effects when a night elf is cut off from the moonwells.

They were able to survive without it for a time, and other founts of magic could sustain them.

Because feeding off it changed them in such a way that their bodies just can't function properly without it. Nightwell became their fount of life, not just power.

--------------------

And I think nightborne will stay somewhat relevant after this expansion...
    All the points you made sound good, except the last point. You don't know blizzard that well I take it?
    #boycottchina

All the points you made sound good, except the last point. You don't know blizzard that well I take it?
    I think Blizzard has plans for nightborne beyond this expansion. Doesn't mean they'll be huge after it, but I don't expect them to just disappear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I think Blizzard has plans for nightborne beyond this expansion. Doesn't mean they'll be huge after it, but I don't expect them to just disappear.
    Uh huh. Let's look at other factions. Pretty much any factions from draenor were forgotten, and mists, and cata, except for class related factions like the earthen ring, ebon blade and monks order.

Just accept the fact blizzard doesn't backtrack on factions, unless it's a quest perhaps, but they don't play a role in anything beyond the expansion they played a part. The kirin tor is probably the best example, but that's always been more involved in events of the world, unlike the nightfallen which only was involved in suramar
    Last edited by Trassk; 2017-02-23 at 08:43 PM.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Maybe they will start bumming off the sunwell next xpac.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Uh huh. Let's look at other factions. Pretty much any factions from draenor were forgotten, and mists, and cata, except for class related factions like the earthen ring, ebon blade and monks order.
    Expansion focus races tend to show back up as cameos, if nothing else. Pandaren still have strong representation in WoD and Legion, Vrykul have reoccurred several times after WotLK, Ethereals have had a few cameos since TBC. It seems to vary on the popularity of the race and if there's a justifiable reason for the race to appear (e.g. Arakkoa are pretty strongly tied to Draenor and not really prone to travel). I doubt the Nightborne will ever have the same prominence they've had in Legion in future expansions, but I'm quite sure they'll reappear as NPC's in some quests or scenarios.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Expansion focus races tend to show back up as cameos, if nothing else. Pandaren still have strong representation in WoD and Legion, Vrykul have reoccurred several times after WotLK, Ethereals have had a few cameos since TBC. It seems to vary on the popularity of the race and if there's a justifiable reason for the race to appear (e.g. Arakkoa are pretty strongly tied to Draenor and not really prone to travel). I doubt the Nightborne will ever have the same prominence they've had in Legion in future expansions, but I'm quite sure they'll reappear as NPC's in some quests or scenarios.
    thats pretty much what could be expected, nothing much more.
    #boycottchina

Well is like you expect some support character from x serie or book will had the same importance in every book or seasons even after the creatos finish his personal arc

Uh.,.. that's not different from what I implied.

We will probably get a nightfallen camp offering a quest chain or something. I just think Blizzard won't make them disappear. I think they'll get similar exposition to high elves, broken, pandaren or ogres.

I'm hoping we would see them more when ever we get back to the night elf world, or when magical matters are involved, especially as the defacto night elven representation - since the kaldorei aren't really arcane focused (even though they have started practicing), it makes more sense that in magical matters, it's the nightborne that will show up for the night elf group and play a role.

The night elf world has not been prominent in WoW, but it has shown up from time to time, but until legion it was largely only restricted to race levelling zone. No expansion really focused on them till now - their world is world of naga, satyr, the legion too features strongly but not tied entirely to them, it's the world of the highborne and the nightborne, the cenarians, the druids, the arcane, the well of eternity. like the primal magic world.

So my hope is when you see night elves or a representation of them, you will see nightborne (and i'm not necessarily talking about alliance - just night elven represenation in arcane matters). Also should we ever get a night elf themed expansion like dealing with Queen Azshara -that will also be another opportunity to visit this world. In that expansion i expect it would be night elves and possibly trolls playing a strong role. Blood elves would be tied to it because of their connection to night elves, being descendants of night elves. However it would primarily be the world of the ancients.

At least that's my guess, and expectation

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    The Nightwell is gone? But the arcan'dor barely sustains the refugees in Shal'aran, how are the nightborne going to remove the addiction from the entire city? Let's hope they have enough arcwine for them to get by for a few expansions worth of time.
    As far as I am aware, eating the acan'dor fruit is a one time thing that completely reverses the nightwell's corrupting influence. It doesn't sustain them, it cures them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    As far as I am aware, eating the acan'dor fruit is a one time thing that completely reverses the nightwell's corrupting influence. It doesn't sustain them, it cures them.
    I think he's referring to the fact that there are hundreds of Nightborne addicted to the Nightwell's essence and the Arcan'dor isn't exactly forthcoming enough with its fruit to handle all that would need them. Given the speed at which the Nightborne wither without Arcwine to sustain them, and the relative paucity of the Arcan'dor fruit, I believe we're going to see some pretty massive loss of life before all the Nightborne of Suramar can be treated.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I think he's referring to the fact that there are hundreds of Nightborne addicted to the Nightwell's essence and the Arcan'dor isn't exactly forthcoming enough with its fruit to handle all that would need them. Given the speed at which the Nightborne wither without Arcwine to sustain them, and the relative paucity of the Arcan'dor fruit, I believe we're going to see some pretty massive loss of life before all the Nightborne of Suramar can be treated.
    I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to say that the arcan'dor cured all of Suramar in a Twitter post though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to say that the arcan'dor cured all of Suramar in a Twitter post though.
    Can't rule that out, no. But as these things go we can only operate on the knowledge we currently have, or what is realistically believable based on what has happened before.

I hope after 7.2 the nightborn who got cured and back to a magic oriented noble life will learn to wear shoes and cut their toe nails. It just disgusts me whenever I see a bare foot nightborn. Especially first arcanist....

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Yeah many people were mad because Tyrande wasn't so aggressive and impulsive like in warcraft 3 and now that she had returned to his root, many people say: Tyrande is a asshole you had ruined his character, how can she insult me? She would had to kiss my boots, how butchered is tyrande, etc
    Tyrandes whole character arc in Warcraft III was of a member of an ancient race learning to overcome the prejudices towards what she though were "lesser races, not worthly of walking in Kalimdor". She started as a character only looking for a foreigner to shoot at, ended up being a proactive leader of allied forces.

Thus, giving her arrogant dialogue in this context feels weird. A more natural reaction would be showing interest of seeing a whole civilisation of her people prosper and fight their own battles, or reminiscing of how she is again being a part of an allied force against demonic forces. Instead, her dialogue is just pointless whining. Well, that and "MALFURION WHERE ARE YOU".

Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    Being cold to the opposite faction which attacked her lands and killed her people doesnt look weird imo. The problem is not Tyrande rather it is Malfurion being neutral and very friendly to the Horde. Tyrande is fighting for what exactly Malfurion is fighting for, the nature and the wilds. Yet when Horde attacked Ashenvale and Stonetalon to destroy their forest for lumber he didn't do anything. Of course all of this is the result of gameplay designs of two big factions in conflict with each other and they forced the Night Elves into Alliance and since the Night Elves play a huge lore in the game we see a lot of neutral Night Elves as well which is ridiculous. And with Malfurion being neutral he always appears in the good parts and bad parts remain for Tyrande. She never had a good moment in WoW. However the tomb of Sargeras which was once the former temple and Elune and the place where Tyrande studied the way of priestesses is an excellent place for a good moment at least but till now there is no news about anything relative to it.
    This is the best answer so far

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    absolutely correct, although I don't think that's quite what he was referring too.

The essence of the night elves is arcane, Thalyssra mentions this, however she refers to something in the Arcan'dor changing their arcane essence.