Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ion: "You've been Scammed Sweetheart"

Blizzard is just a used car salesman that sold you a car without a transmission, now he wants you to sell you a service warranty in the form of a shiny new patch while you continue to pay for 6 more months of waiting for you Legendary to drop..

Still don’t get it?

Oldest tricked in the book. Sell a defective product missing key functional parts in its operation and they make the customer continue to pay while waiting for said part to be fixed. They intentional broke classes and put what made them competitive into LEGENDARY drops. Blizzard might as well have removed Fire Blast from Mage’s spellbook and put it in a Ring with a .001% drop rate. Now they are gonna keep you subscribed while they dangle the carrot on a stick. I am positive that is not the only spec or class for that matter feeling the sting.

How long are you going to continue paying for a service that deliberately puts you in the slow lane while others speed past you? Did you really buy their “BAD LUCK PROTECTION GUARANTEE“ when it simply gives you UTILITY/NON-DPS gear? If it hasn’t happened in 6 months why would you pay for the “Premium Service” patch that gives “welfare” legendary gear that still won’t hold a candle to the original?

Geez community wake up. That Q&A with Ion made me wanna puke. Don’t be a chump. If you do just picture this Ion in his true skin laughing all the way to the bank.

While I don't agree with the portrayal, I've started viewing WoW expansions the same way I view Civ releases: Good games, but inevitably broken and un-fun until several patches down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I get the analogy, and on one side of the fence - I feel bad for the folks that haven't gotten the legendaries they deserve.

On the other side of the fence though: It's Blizzards game - either play it, or submit feedback through official channels, or gtfo

I'm in camp:

I trust a car designer to build a car, not one of millions of drivers.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

God damn, Blizzard isn't a perfect company but they are far from as bad as people claim. When it comes to games they are one of the most reliable companies for quality products. Even with wow, they make mistakes and when they realize it, they actively try to correct them. What more can you ask for?

Sure sometimes they have their heads up their asses, but fortunately this games gets changes put it place pretty consistently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm in camp:

Love the ION pic btw <3

Have to agree that car designers know how to develop a better product over the scrubknight bad drivers/etc out there - but you have to understand: If you build a bad car, you're going to be tanking a whole company as well with people no longer buying your products

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    you're going to be tanking a whole company as well with people no longer buying your products
    Indeed .... but a company isn't considered to be tanking because a small chunk of buyers didn't like the colour of the trim and whinged loudly about it.

The cool thing about people in companies like Blizzard - greed for more will ensure they do what ever is in their power to make the game a success, irrespective of our uneducated opinions on what we like.

In addition to that - one person isn't deciding the future of WoW, not Ion, not anyway. Just because he is the guy being talked to, doesn't mean he is god.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Love the ION pic btw <3

Have to agree that car designers know how to develop a better product over the scrubknight bad drivers/etc out there - but you have to understand: If you build a bad car, you're going to be tanking a whole company as well with people no longer buying your products
    And it looks like the opposite happened to Blizzard so that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Blizzard is just a used car salesman that sold you a car without a transmission, now he wants you to sell you a service warranty in the form of a shiny new patch while you continue to pay for 6 more months of waiting for you Legendary to drop..

Still don’t get it?

Oldest tricked in the book. Sell a defective product missing key functional parts in its operation and they make the customer continue to pay while waiting for said part to be fixed. They intentional broke classes and put what made them competitive into LEGENDARY drops. Blizzard might as well have removed Fire Blast from Mage’s spellbook and put it in a Ring with a .001% drop rate. Now they are gonna keep you subscribed while they dangle the carrot on a stick. I am positive that is not the only spec or class for that matter feeling the sting.

How long are you going to continue paying for a service that deliberately puts you in the slow lane while others speed past you? Did you really buy their “BAD LUCK PROTECTION GUARANTEE“ when it simply gives you UTILITY/NON-DPS gear? If it hasn’t happened in 6 months why would you pay for the “Premium Service” patch that gives “welfare” legendary gear that still won’t hold a candle to the original?

Geez community wake up. That Q&A with Ion made me wanna puke. Don’t be a chump. If you do just picture this Ion in his true skin laughing all the way to the bank.

I don't pay for my subscription though...

I get the analogy, and on one side of the fence - I feel bad for the folks that haven't gotten the legendaries they deserve.

On the other side of the fence though: It's Blizzards game - either play it, or submit feedback through official channels, or gtfo
    so much this.

endless stream of blizz sucks, legion sucks, developers suck, wow sucks, wow was better when ______, threads makes this sub-forum hard to follow.

can we have another sub forum where people can just go bitch and whine.

and keep this one for useful, interesting info?

I feel Legion has been one of the best expansions in so many aspects but it's too much grinding and RNG for me, I have a few months of sub left from game token but I'm considering not continuing in the future. The problem is I have better things I wanna be doing with my time and while I enjoy playing WoW I enjoy being at the competitive end of things in terms of player performance.. Save for a few short stints here and there I've always played with my mates in a fairly casual scrub guild (that still clears Mythic etc, but not in a rush), and I've always performed very well.

Problem is until now I spent way too much time doing dungeons to get my 54 traits and 7.2 is resetting that whole bullshit and I'm not doing it again, I feel like I want to spend 12-15 hours a week playing WoW, not 8+ hours a day. If I only spend 12-15h a week I will fall behind quickly and no longer be competitive, at which point I might as well not waste my time. I've been somewhat lucky (eventually after a fucktonne of playing) in the Legendaries I had drop, essentially the best ones for my spec as my 2nd/4th/5th but if this would not be the case the Legendary situation would just be another layer of this whole thing added on top.

Our resto druid has done probably 2000 Mythic + at this point, he's by far the most hardcore player in our guild to my knowledge, and he's been doing it simply to try to farm Legendaries to get a good one, he hasn't succeeded in getting a good one despite being by far the most dedicated player in the guild... What a joke of a system.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-02-24 at 12:31 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahahahhaha. Oh lord.

The absolute incessant whinging and pathetic tantrums you guys throw over a Videogame is hilarious.

STOP PLAYING IF YOU ARE SO BUTTHURT ABOUT FUCKING PIXELS.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm in camp:

If the car does not work by design there is no one else to blame but the designer.

If the car only has 3 wheels and one is on order BY DESIGN its the designer NOT the driver.

By the way I find it adorably cute that I'm the only one here who hasn't been stiffed by the Lengendary Back Guarantee. I hear they're is a Nigerian Prince over there who needs help getting home. (Spoiler alert: that is a scam too)

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether you like the game or not, have criticisms or not, putting something in quotes that a developer did not say is wrong and complete BS.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

TLDR : i got shit legendaries.

move along folks nothing to see here but another legendary whine thread.

Here is the problem with the community. You don't deserve any loot, and especially not any specific loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    TLDR : i got shit legendaries.

move along folks nothing to see here but another legendary whine thread.
    We've been having them on a daily basis since Legion launched 6 months ago, so it's probably an indication that it's not a good game system.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    If the car does not work by design there is no one else to blame but the designer.

If the car only has 3 wheels and one is on order BY DESIGN its the designer NOT the driver.

By the way I find it adorably cute that I'm the only one here who hasn't been stiffed by the Lengendary Back Guarantee. I hear they're is a Nigerian Prince over there who needs help getting home. (Spoiler alert: that is a scam too)
    Why would you buy a car that clearly only has 3 wheels, or lacks a transmission?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    We've been having them on a daily basis since Legion launched 6 months ago, so it's probably an indication that it's not a good game system.
    we get 20 trump threads a day, so lets focus on removing trump first, then blizzard can fix the legendary system, fair deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Ahahahhaha. Oh lord.

The absolute incessant whinging and pathetic tantrums you guys throw over a Videogame is hilarious.

STOP PLAYING IF YOU ARE SO BUTTHURT ABOUT FUCKING PIXELS.
    HA don't worry about that. The heavy dip in subscribers will see to that. I'm just amazed that you are so easily duped.

Please rage more. Leave the caps on longer. But more importantly keep playing 16hrs a day. you will only prove my point. You are not playing a game anymore, you are just an addict who is being played.