Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You need a warrant to arrest someone. Which means a court. Which means a lawyer from the State would be present. Which is what I'm fucking talking about.

Jesus this is some dumb shit.
    False, you don't always need a warrant to arrest someone. Sorry but states can't just stop paying taxes, not unless their income and production drops to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It never was shifted by the federal government, it has been and still is a class one drug. In fact, CBDs part of pot became a class 1 drug in December 2016... 3 months ago... before Trump...

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/1...-hemp-oil.html

CBDs do not get you high...
    I'm talking about focus of enforcement. Yes, it is still listed as a class 1 drug, but they focused more on federal lands and opiate enforcement with their task forces and grants to local agencies.

I don't think it should be a schedule 1 drug, I also think it should be completely legal. I'm just stating what the focus of the federal government has been in the past 5-10 years. Even though it was still illegal, they were not actively pursuing it like they used to. That may change in the coming months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    mairjuana is a drug, just avoiding any future trouble. should be happy because now marijuana can not be blamed for gun crime.

marijuana again is a drug, drugs are bad and taking them alters state of mind. it is dangerous.
    So does coffee, sugar and alcohol... oh father government, protect this wicked child of my dastardly ways...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

mairjuana is a drug, just avoiding any future trouble. should be happy because now marijuana can not be blamed for gun crime.

marijuana again is a drug, drugs are bad and taking them alters state of mind. it is dangerous.
    Does that mean alcohol, cigarettes, and coffee should also be banned?

So does coffee, sugar and alcohol... oh father government, protect this wicked child of my dastardly ways...
    Just regular old food alters how you're thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm talking about focus of enforcement. Yes, it is still listed as a class 1 drug, but they focused more on federal lands and opiate enforcement with their task forces and grants to local agencies.

I don't think it should be a schedule 1 drug, I also think it should be completely legal. I'm just stating what the focus of the federal government has been in the past 5-10 years. Even though it was still illegal, they were not actively pursuing it like they used to. That may change in the coming months.
    How can you say this, when I'm explicitly showing you the federal government adding CBD oil to the class one list? Even under Obama, California saw plenty of DEA activity scrutinizing even medical dispensaries. Not recreational, the ones where you need to register and provide a license that a doctor signed off on. By the way, in Seattle there is only 1 doctor that does this and he also covers Portland. Every year or less he has to change his office, due to DEA raids. This includes during the last 5-10 years. Every single time my gf renews her license it's at a new location with a message about a raid.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Know what else is a drug? Antibiotics, vaccines, and every other form of medicine you've taken in your life.

Saying all drugs is bad is pretty dumb.
    listing other drugs and pretending that makes a valid point?

tulips, daffodils, roses. i can also choose a topic and name different types of the same thing.

elaborate on your point or really don't bother commenting for the sake of attention lol.

listing other drugs and pretending that makes a valid point?

tulips, daffodils, roses. i can also choose a topic and name different types of the same thing.

elaborate on your point or really don't bother commenting for the sake of attention lol.
    You sure you don't like pot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Does that mean alcohol, cigarettes, and coffee should also be banned?
    There is a simple solution that actually helps solve the issue of abuse, while maintaining individual freedoms and lowers taxes. We should be celebrating vice taxes, because if anything should have a huge tax, its the shit we don't actually need and even more so to those that have high probability of harm. There are few even ardent pot supporters, who wouldn't trade increase in cost due to taxes, for the legality of it.

Deleted
    Well, this will go to the Supreme Court at least. Let it be settled once and for all.

Its funny but i knew a guy who smoked like a chimey and drank beer every night saying how pot should never be legal cause its bad for peoples health! Seriously i aint making that shit up then i wonder what his real motive is and i believe its to git back at dem damn libruls! Thats why conservatives hate pot use and nothing more.

The whole war on pot started cause Nixon hated blacks, hispanics and hippys and conservatives seem to follow that mindset when conservatives should be pro pot and pro less government sticking its nose into private lives.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-02-24 at 01:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Dude weed is horrible and a blight on our society. It causes people to:

- Lose energy and be lazy.
    - Not want to drive anywhere.
    - Spend money on delivery.
    - Eat a ton of food.
    - Pay a hefty tax for purchasing it in states where it's legal.

JUST HORRIBLE!!! As you can see it creates VIOLENT THREATS TO SOCIETY!!!!!!!!!!
    If you look back at hippy culture and demonizing of pot it brought, this is a pretty logical step for what we have in government.

Good ol' Nixon...

the fucking irony of someone saying this named "dankdruid"
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we add chimichanga to class 1 drug? People seem to be addicted to it and eat up at Taco Bell, despite the runs and colon cancer. Do you really want to be driving next to someone who has 75% of their concentration focused on keeping shit from escaping from their asshole? I sure don't...

It warms the cockles of my heart that the government is so concerned for my health when they are determined to remove healthcare for all.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Trump administration, fighting for state's rights, one prisoner at a time.

Can't wait til Trump doubles our number of for profit prisons and puts his name in giant gold letters on all of them (even the old ones).

"We're going to have the best prisons, the biggest prisons. We're going to have so much prof-- justice, it'll make your head spin. Our prisoners? Are going to have the best amenities. You're not gonna believe it. Then we're going to use torture just because. Hey, why not? Are you an American? Make America Great Again. Be pro torture. So what if there's no point? Torture works."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

How can you say this, when I'm explicitly showing you the federal government adding CBD oil to the class one list? Even under Obama, California saw plenty of DEA activity scrutinizing even medical dispensaries. Not recreational, the ones where you need to register and provide a license that a doctor signed off on. By the way, in Seattle there is only 1 doctor that does this and he also covers Portland. Every year or less he has to change his office, due to DEA raids. This includes during the last 5-10 years. Every single time my gf renews her license it's at a new location with a message about a raid.
    Listing it, and actively pushing enforcement are completely different things. In the past 5-10 years, the federal government has pulled back from all marijuana enforcement. They recognize it as a lost cause. That doesn't mean they don't enforce it at all, they simply don't go after it like they used to.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a simple solution that actually helps solve the issue of abuse, while maintaining individual freedoms and lowers taxes. We should be celebrating vice taxes, because if anything should have a huge tax, its the shit we don't actually need and even more so to those that have high probability of harm. There are few even ardent pot supporters, who wouldn't trade increase in cost due to taxes, for the legality of it.
    There is an even more simple solution, legalize it, and don't tax it at all.

I doubt they will do anything about it. It's one of those issues where the public opinion is shifting too much in one direction for the White House to take the complete opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta keep them prisons full somehow.

Deleted
    It just won't work. And if they try to legally battle it they'll lose again, just like they've been losing everything else in court so far.