Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    It's possible that the organisers took the Facebook post as a threat, but it wouldn't be unwise for them to have done so given Antifa's track record, and given their behaviour in Montreal against Graveland.

Half of Marduk's albums are just against Christianity, by the way. A detail.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it that the organisers say the police greatly encouraged them to cancel?
    Because the police don't want to deal with a hundred or more assholes when they have a real crime problem to deal with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Because the police don't want to deal with a hundred or more assholes when they have a real crime problem to deal with.
    As I said, if the fear of riots by Antifa were imaginary, then the police would have no need to turn up in huge numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Given that they successfully drove Nazis out the Punk scene? Yes.

Like, this pearl clutching about antifa breaking up Nazi music venues shows not only a profound ignorance of the history of antifa, but of music in general.
    Pure BS. Nobody drove anybody out. Nazi's still try to seig heil to this day at punk shows.

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/t...stop_neo_nazis

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    Except that the protest is basically based on a lie that Marduk are Nazis. It's also likely that the concert was cancelled due to threats, not because of PR.
    I don't know jack about the band. Even so, threats of violence are an acceptable reason to cancel, if they are credible. I would rather they do that, than what Berkely did. Berkely let it happen, knowing a riot was coming, and then ordered the police to stand by and not engage, creating a nice video clip for the media.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Who knew it would come that in such strange days Conservatives and Righties would be defending metal concerts and having fun.
    If you think the left is the party of fun, I have no idea how you arrived at that. The right may be stuffy, but they are happy warriors. It's the left that gets so angry, with the riots and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Except for no where in the article does it even mention that threats were made.

It's literally an anti-facist group made a post saying "Hey this band has a concert and they make heavy use of SS and Nazi imagery, write songs about Nazis (neither of which were refuted or denied) and glorifies white supremacy (which one could argue that their heavy use of the aforementioned imagery and themes sure doesn't seem to be used in a negative manner)" so the PD took that as a threat because there were protests over Yiannopoulos speaking at a school (which is totally the same thing as a band playing a concert at a public venue) so they cancelled it.

Seems like a bit of a leap to me without anyone involved actually claiming there were threats.
    Haha wow, so it doesn't even take threats, that's funny.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    If you think the left is the party of fun, I have no idea how you arrived at that. The right may be stuffy, but they are happy warriors. It's the left that gets so angry, with the riots and all that.
    idk, I want to say there is this stereotype that the right is just a bunch of rick santoroums banning music and dance in the small town somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Sounds like a real crime, if the police shy away from locking up and booking these peices of shit every time then they will keep running around being massive pieces of shit. The Mayor didnt have the balls to put down the rioters at Berkeley, someone needs to stand up to them.

idk, I want to say there is this stereotype that the right is just a bunch of rick santoroums banning music and dance in the small town somewhere.
    Who smiles more, Rick Santorum or Elizabeth Warren?

That said, Santorum probably doesn't let his kids watch Footloose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who smiles more, Rick Santorum or Elizabeth Warren?

That said, Santorum probably doesn't let his kids watch Footloose.
    Exactly, thats most peoples stereotype. But generally rednecks are a ton of fun to be around, and 4chan is hilarious.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Exactly, thats most peoples stereotype. But generally rednecks are a ton of fun to be around, and 4chan is hilarious.
    In politics though, do you legit not see the left as the side that is always super angry? I try not to be blind to my own bias but, it really seems to me like that is the deal.

Is Antifa struggling that much to stay relevant that they have to resort to stuff like this? If someone is going to try and use a band's dark themes and lyrics to affirm their ideologies, chances are the band isn't what made them that way.

What a waste of time
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

7+ Year Old Account
    In politics though, do you legit not see the left as the side that is always super angry? I try not to be blind to my own bias but, it really seems to me like that is the deal.
    In a generic sense I'd say I see them as more and more awash in a very boring, sterile, unfun culture. Angry? Eh, some sure. But if I wished to choose who I wanted to hang out with, people from Antifa or /pol/acks, I'd choose the /pol/acks.

In politics, I'd say right now there is a distinct anger and franticness to say Democrats versus others.

In a generic sense I'd say I see them as more and more awash in a very boring, sterile, unfun culture. Angry? Eh, some sure. But if I wished to choose who I wanted to hang out with, people from Antifa or /pol/acks, I'd choose the /pol/acks.

In politics, I'd say right now there is a distinct anger and franticness to say Democrats versus others.
    If there has ever been a riot of Conservatives, I don't recall it.

Checked out a couple of their vids on youtube, not really my cup of tea, though I grew up with metal when Faith No More, Metallica, Megadeth and Pantera were huge.

I don't agree with their views but, good luck to them.

Regardless of what you believe in, no one should ever be silenced.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sad part of this whole incident is that Marduk is not even remotely NSBM. If you are going to protest and force concerts to be cancelled at least do it at the right concert.

Marduk has been around for over 25 years, but just now they're a "problem". Got it.

Deleted
    Where has Antifa been when basically any death metal band has toured?

Antifa picked a bad fight, no force on earth can defeat metal. Metal was ordained by higher/lower authorities.

The metal will strike them down with a vicious blow.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2017-02-24 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    So, we are back to the European 1990s, with Antifa vs. Skinheads? It seems like it.

It's funny to me, because we've seem to have completely forgotten about Tipper Gore. Who I believe Ice T or Ice Cube even called out in one of their songs back in the day