Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shigeru View Post
    Honestly, I call bullshit. You can go up to 7/10 without most of your raid having 54 if you have decent comps and don't suck.
    truest statement in this thread.

Made by dubbelbasse

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Its working as intended.

The first few bosses have always been considerably easier then the rest, with the first boss usually a freeloot pinata. Its to get guilds going in the new raid, to give them opportunities to farm new gear, and so on. Its perfectly fine if subsequent bosses are significantly harder.

The raid should take a while to get through. not been done after a few weeks.
    Yeah. Except BRF, Highmaul, SoO, Dragon Soul, Firelands, ICC, ToC, Ulduar offered a more balanced difficulty curve.

So pretty much raids excluding those were Blizz admitted they fucked up the difficulty curve.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-02-24 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Yeah. Except BRF, Highmaul, SoO, Dragon Soul, Firelands, ICC, ToC, Ulduar offered a more balanced difficulty curve.

So pretty much raids excluding those were Blizz admitted they fucked up the difficulty curve.
    how was highmauls difficulty curve in any way smooth? butcher is the 2nd hardest boss in that instance and it's the 2nd in the line, margok is WAAAAY harder than anything else, and HC margok was easily harder than twins and kargath, and kargath was literally a freekill
    or even ICC? the third boss was literally free loot in that instance when the previous 2 was a decent challenge putricide and sindra were way harder than anything before, and LK is probably the hardest raidboss to date

Nhs difficulty curve is fine

it has 3 "introductory" bosses
    then 4 chalenging ones,
    2 hella hard ones
    and then guldan who's really hard
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-02-24 at 12:22 PM.

How can people want to progress mythic raiding and not give time into their artifact? i mean im a casual as it gets i havent done anything above mythic+6 and a couple bosses on normal mode and still have my artifact at 45 traits and my offspec at 40 !! how can a mythic raider not have 54 traits yet ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    how was highmauls difficulty curve in any way smooth? butcher is the 2nd hardest boss in that instance and it's the 2nd in the line, margok is WAAAAY harder than anything else, and HC margok was easily harder than twins and kargath, and kargath was literally a freekill
    or even ICC? the third boss was literally free loot in that instance when the previous 2 was a decent challenge putricide and sindra were way harder than anything before, and LK is probably the hardest raidboss to date
    More 'balanced' I didn't say it was ideal.

The huge jump in difficulty occured at the late bosses instead after 1/3 of the instance. Butcher's placement in the raid is variable you had 5/7 ~ 70% other encounters to kill first. In Firelands, ICC or SoO the majority was doable by lesser guild with the late bosses being really tough.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-02-24 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Players behind on ap are getting cut off, and players at 54 traits are leaving for better guilds.
    Yeah, I can feel the chasm building up between the player who were happy to farm Mythic+ for months on end, and those that really can't be arsed with it. Some of our raiders have done 1200 M+ runs.

I feel the AP issue is exacerbated by the fact that M+ affords you as much AP as you can bear to farm up. There's no soft cap on it at all, while all other sources (daily Heroic, World Quests, Emissary dailies) are limited.

There is a serious issue with the farmable nature of it with no diminishing rewards. It's thrown the balance completely out of whack, and means those who just want to raid, find they can't without an extreme time investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Currently, there are over 2000 guilds stuck at 3/10 mythic in the Nighthold which is quite a problem.

It is almost statistically impossible to kill any of the 7 remaining bosses without a majority of the raid having 54 artifact traits.

Do you see this as a big problem?
    AP grind and legendaries were a big mistake.

I don't see a huge problem with guilds being stuck at 3/10. It just means that one boss is the gate to the rest of the instance.

Deleted
    I'm at 51 and only raid twice a week, do emissaries and a few m+ a week when bored. How are these people not 54 yet?
    Last edited by mmocb8305427e9; 2017-02-24 at 12:37 PM.

...and I bet these same people that complain about NH being too hard are the same who criticize blizzard for oversimplifying wow and catering to casuals.
    "The hardest content of WoW is hard. Plz nerf. Derp."

Its fine really, hundreds of guilds are killing Krosus every week. I'd imagine around 1,5-2k guilds are going to be at 7/10 when 7.2 hits and we get new traits, which will be a nerf to the raid.

Most of those guilds probably shouldn't be doing mythic, there are always bosses that are loot pinada's and that's what the first 3 are.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I was initially only taking into consideration guilds that were 7/7M 3/3M. When I removed EN and ToV from the search I saw numbers closer to what the OP mentioned.
    Most guilds that are 3/10m in NH did not kill Helya mythic at all, the whole 59 or what was the number who did, I'm 100% certain they did it with NH gear. Apparently there are 3/10m NH guilds who care enough about their wowprogress rank to go back to waste time killing m Helya just cuz wowprogress is retarded. How can a 2/3m TOV 5/10m NH guild be ranked below 3/3m TOV (killed post NH opening) 3/10m NH guild?

I think it's simple really. Not good enough to kill mythic bosses, stay in heroics.
    The entitlement some people show is scary.

Maybe its just those "hardcore raiders" are finding out they arent really "hardcore MYTHIC raiders". They shouldnt worry though, Blizzard nerfs content specifically for those guilds because lets be honest, the further you get away from the top 100 the bigger the shit show is with raid guilds. I mean come on, the first three bosses are puggable.

Quote Originally Posted by makkk View Post
    I'm at 51 and only raid twice a week, do emissaries and a few m+ a week when bored. How are these people not 54 yet?
    Rerolls, respecs, latecomers etc. If you started the expac as Fire Mage, Destro Lock, Arms Warrior, Unholy DK, Outlaw rogue etc. there's a big chance you realized at some point you need to swap specs and you lost some part of your initial investment.

And remember we're talking here semi-casual guilds full of raid loggers, the hardcores who sat in maw 24/7 are probably already at Augur now.

It is not the 54 traits only, they take some part but its not that.

Its the delusion of a successful raiding guild because of how easy Mythic Emerald Nightmare was.

And they are facing the realization now.

Its the same as it always has been, a "mythic" guild has 10-15 good players and a few not so good, Mythic EN was unforgiving more than Nighthold is, those weaker players cant cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I can't comment on the last two, but the first three bosses should have been a little bit harder and the next five bosses should have been a bit easier. Augur is kind of an anomaly. One of the next five has to be the hardest, but Augur is in a completely different league than the other four for some reason, despite the fact you can do whatever you want after the first three.

Also I don't know much more gear people realistically can get. It's certainly not the same as ToV where there was very little room to have iLvL improvement, but we don't see massive swings in gear each week. Barely anybody needs anything off the first three bosses aside from like Metronomes lol.
    Is Augur majorly different on mythic? On HC hes basically as difficult as spellblade. If you can do her, you can do him no problems. Maybe this isn't the place but im just curious

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I don't consider any guild that hasn't completed a previous raid instance before a new raid instance comes out to be a progression level guild.
    I mean, there's nothing wrong with only considering 418 guilds "progression level", everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    It's a little hard for me to take seriously, especially when you can see guilds like this one who are 8/10 (rank 97 for star augur), but only 2/3. Top 100 on current content, but not "progression" raiders by your outlook.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Regardless, the tuning and boss difficulty buildup in Nighthold is one of the worst I have ever seen.

There should be a semi linear increase in difficulty for the bosses and not a gigantic difference between the first 3 bosses and next 7 bosses.

That is simply false, with 35 traits you wont even come close to killing the last 7 bosses.
    Maths please.

OMG, they are stuck at 3/10 1 month after release while the next raid is not even close to be release! Shocking, no way they will get progressively better gear by killing those 3 bosses a couple of time!
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads