... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    https://clips.twitch.tv/warcraft/OpenDugongYouWHY

What a fucking ass. Seriously.

Fire this guy ASAP.
    Fire him? Fuck outta here you mong

Content is tuned to 54 traits: omg too hard omg grind omg wahhh
    Content not tuned to 54 traits: omg content too ez omg world of casual craft omg wahh

this player base is a collection of dribbling idiots, drag yourselves away from mums tits and get the fuck out side for once

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdsent View Post
    To be honest, being 54 traits isnt a really big deal right now. I'm in a casual raiding guild thats still progressing HC and I recently rerolled to Rogue, had to go from AK lvl 15 and up to 25 wich I got today and I'm at artifact level 46 right now with not much effort.
    Shhhh don't tell them that. They're of the belief that you need to do 25 Maw of Souls Mythic+ dungeons a day in order to have 54 traits. They read it somewhere and now spout it off like it's the gospel.

Addicts can't see clearly.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Lol, it is the Mythic guilds fault, Blizzard isn't forcing you to have to grind Maw of Souls 500 times, just so you can have a maxed out weapon week 1. Why would they ever tune a game around that? How many Hardcore guild are there, 100 or so? That are probably putting in 80 hours a week. Figure they have 30 man rosters, that's 3,000 people of a game that has 10 million plus players. If all of them unsubscribed because of it, it would barely register a change happen to Blizzard.

Now, I'm not a fan of the infinite paragon trait being put into 7.2 as I think have a "completed" weapon is a nice feeling. Plus it feels like it takes away from being able to switch specs, so I hope that changed People getting burned out because they grinded 500 dungeons, to egt to 54 traits. That's on them.

Yup as many others have said he is entirely correct. You don't get to complain about how hardcore being hardcore is. Take a step back and enjoy the game or give up. It's almost as bad as casuals saying there is nothing to do. Both are equally ignorant in my eyes.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    Have you seen the reaction to the announcement of more paragon traits for 7.2?
    What I see is two camps:

One camp shouting their lungs off about how terrible it will be using weak and poorly constructed arguments. The other camp responds with logical reasoning which is simply ignored.

Is this still going?
    I thought this too would have burnt out by now.

Blizzard gates content behind attunements and time-gates. Players freak out, blame Blizzard for artificially gating content and money-grabbing.

Blizzard releases all of the content at once with no weekly/daily caps so players can consume content at their own speed. Players burn out, blame blizzard for not gating.

They just can't win. At least this way players can set their own speed. If they want to do 50 mythics per week for AP/gear, they can. If they want to do 5 mythics per week, they can do that too.

Would players really like it better if Blizz put in a weekly AP cap? Wouldn't we then hear "WTF BLIZZ, now I feel FORCED to play X hours per week. It's like a job! If I miss weeks, I get left behind!" That's really the only solution to this, or putting a cap on the amount of traits you can get per month or something. Like the first month you can get 20, then 21 the next month, etc. Do players really want that? Because that's the only real way to protect people from themselves.

Here's a thought, why not let players control their own hours they play? Should Blizzard be blamed when players lose their jobs because they're playing WoW too much? Manage your time and join a guild that doesn't force you to be a certain AP level. It is the guilds' fault in some ways.
    Last edited by Varaben; 2017-02-24 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    i wonder if he was accountable for burning a few of his guildies out then when he was guild master of elitist jerks =))

lolol so much troll on this post... hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Blizzard gates content behind attunements and time-gates. Players freak out, blame Blizzard for artificially gating content and money-grabbing.

Blizzard releases all of the content at once with no weekly/daily caps so players can consume content at their own speed. Players burn out, blame blizzard for not gating.

They just can't win. At least this way players can set their own speed. If they want to do 50 mythics per week for AP/gear, they can. If they want to do 5 mythics per week, they can do that too.
    It's perfect right now. Unfortunately, the addicts who lack self control are probably going to end up ruining it for everyone else. Sad times.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

So many "casual" raiders in this thread hating on top guilds it's unreal. The funniest thing is that most of them wont raid at all if top guildnt didnt exist.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

If football player trains more than he should(to much), he would be better from his team mates for a short term. But in long term, his body would just break. The same is with video games. If its possible to play it so much, it doesn't mean that you have to play it this much.

And thats why he is right. Great that its possible to play this way. But that doesn't mean you have to...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    So many "casual" raiders in this thread hating on top guilds it's unreal. The funniest thing is that most of them wont raid at all if top guildnt didnt exist.
    Ooooh, look at this guy! "Most of them wouldn't raid at all if top guilds didn't exist." What the hell does this even mean? "Top guilds" have done nothing for me at any point in World of Warcraft. Poopsock McNojob and his 19 friends have no idea I even exist and the same goes the other way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so you mean those 90% of people who make/join lfg pugs ? you know those who are able to kill more then first 2-3 bosses befire their group disbands after first wipe ?
    Thats whats been created due to that mentality, nobody has patience or resolve to actually take their time and do something. As i say if it cant be facerolled then people wont do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Would players really like it better if Blizz put in a weekly AP cap? Wouldn't we then hear "WTF BLIZZ, now I feel FORCED to play X hours per week. It's like a job! If I miss weeks, I get left behind!" That's really the only solution to this, or putting a cap on the amount of traits you can get per month or something. Like the first month you can get 20, then 21 the next month, etc. Do players really want that? Because that's the only real way to protect people from themselves.
    It's not about protecting people from themselves. It's about creating a sane and predictable pace so that raids can be tuned properly.

And if they made it a system that didn't allow you to catch up if you missed a week then they're doing it wrong. It should be a rolling cap (meaning it's only effectively a cap on your max AP... if you're behind you can grind all you want to catch up).

An alternative would be to turn off paragon traits (slowly turning them on each week) for mythic raids. They already do this for PVP, so they already have the primary pieces for the tech in place.

And yes, most players would be happier with a rolling cap. It would give them a sense of completion when they reached it and allow for offspec and alternate character play. It's funny how players who push for a cap are called "addicts" with "no self control" while people vehemently opposed to it because "it limits my fun" are the ones who are not addicts. Seems a bit reversed to me....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    Ooooh, look at this guy! "Most of them wouldn't raid at all if top guilds didn't exist." What the hell does this even mean? "Top guilds" have done nothing for me at any point in World of Warcraft. Poopsock McNojob and his 19 friends have no idea I even exist and the same goes the other way.
    I got a feeling he means us braindead casuals couldn't figure out the rocket science that is raid encounters without "top guilds" putting out guides and videos. Dumb logic is dumb.

At what point will some of you helmet wearing Neanderthals stop being anonymous keyboard warriors and stop being angry at blizzard just because you can be ? Blizzard tuning a raid for 54 traits DOES NOT mean you have to have 54 traits the day it releases!!!!!! In no way are they responsible for you assuming you have to clear it week 1 or 2, that's on you if you choose to put the effort in to make that happen.. That's why those players are the minority in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosdrone View Post
    Let's see. They provide kill videos, tactics, raid addons, and most important of all: you want to do what they do - kill bosses and show off about it.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Ofcourse Blizzard won't be admitting their own faults. Its easier to just point at others.
    "Of course the players won't be admitting their own faults. It's easier to blame Blizzard"

I fixed that for you.

People want everything right now, when they want it. If they have to work for it, then you all blame Blizzard. Who cares if bosses are tuned for 54 traits? Which is yet another scapegoat, because they are tuned for much more than that mechanic, skill wise. Again, if people are blaming not being able to kill a boss because some of their raid doesn't have a few traits, it's not the systems fault, it is yours, not Blizzards.

Blizzard has created a game, which requires some form of time commitment. Just because you can not have what you want, when you want it, does not make this a Blizzard problem, this IS IN FACT a player problem. The players are forcing rediculous requirements on themselves, because you people are impatient. So what, people can;t kill a few bosses in the first few weeks, grow stronger and come back to them when you can.

This post is a perfect example of peoples desire to consume everything as fast as possible without having to work for it, people want to clear all of mythic raiding in a very short period of time, then bitch when they have nothing to do and then blame Blizzard for not giving you enough content to do, but then when they give you content that lasts, you complain that you can't finish it in the amount of time you think it should be completed.

Players are getting burned out because of self imposed requirements, not because of the game design. Ion is not wrong, many of the players are. For the record, I play VERY casually...like VERY casually, and I have had 54 traits in 2 charcters weapons for several weeks. Stop expecing Blizzard to make content to EXACTLY fit your playstyle and play time. They will never, ever make this game to make every single person happy all the time, and just because it is not to your expectations, does not make the design wrong. This is an mmo, things take time, if you have to have everything right now, and feel like you have to play 80/week to have it right now, that is a personal problem, not Blizzards. Start looking at yourselves instead of instantly hating on the game maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    World 1st helya was nov 18, world 1st 54 traits dec 9. Stop bullshitting guys.
    World first doesn't equal regional first. The guild I was referring to was set sail - what an actual world first guild can do is kinda irrelevant since if content was actually tuned for them alone there would never be more than maybe 40 clears total after months of farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    The moment that people talk about "being forced", "being burnout", in the context of a videogame, i think the problem does exist out of my mind.
    people have of making of wow some kind of e-sport game, that they play for a living, instead of enjoying it as mere players.
    Just to remind you off what you actually posted. There is no one making wow an esport being played for a living.