Page 1 of 3
LastLast

French want Obama for president - Oui on peut

Earlier this week, the Obama 2017 campaign was launched, calling for the former U.S. president to step forward as a candidate in the French election while there's still time.

"Barack Obama has completed his second term as President of the United States," the site says. "Why not hire him as president of France? ... [He] has the best resume in the world for the job."

Posters for Obama 2017 have been plastered around Paris. The slogan, of course: "Oui on peut," French for "Yes we can." And a campaign-style website is gathering signatures to persuade Obama to run.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...t-barack-obama

Posting for laughs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does France not have those sticky citizenship laws US presidents have to meet? Can literally anyone run?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

If I could've voted for him a third time I would've, the Obama years were good years.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I wish it would happen just for the Luls

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Does France not have those sticky citizenship laws US presidents have to meet? Can literally anyone run?
    You need to have french citizenship, which could be granted, and reach a certain amount of mandates. There's no limitation like being born in french territory, so yes, anyone that meets thees criteria can run.

The lolz would be hilarious.

And while not being a French speaker might be an impediment in running the French state...the man does have the job experience.

France needs more African migration! The streets of Paris aren't disgusting enough as is.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-02-24 at 04:54 PM.
    Working on my next ban.

Finally he would be the Commander in Chief of a military more befitting of his non-interventionist/cowardly ideology. I agree that it's a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Finally he would be the Commander in Chief of a military more befitting of his non-interventionist/cowardly ideology. I agree that it's a good fit.
    The French are actually pretty hawkish. They were the ones dragging everyone else into the Lybia debacle, for the record.

The French are actually pretty hawkish. They were the ones dragging everyone else into the Lybia debacle, for the record.
    You mean like in Iraq? Incidentally, how did staying out of that work out for France? Pretty good or nah?

When did restraint become cowardly.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    When did restraint become cowardly.
    When a man puts his approval rating above the life and well being of millions of people, it's not restraint, it's cowardice. For the first time in recent history, the Middle East is on fire because the Americans DIDN'T get involved. We have this ridiculous fear that the wars create terrorism. Yet, it would appear to me that letting Syria happen is likely to cause hatred of us as well.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-02-24 at 05:45 PM.

When a man puts his approval rating above the life and well being of millions of people, it's not restraint, it's cowardice. For the first time in recent history, the Middle East is on fire because the Americans DIDN'T get involved. We have this ridiculous fear that the wars create terrorism. Yet, it would appear to me that letting Syria happen is likely to cause hatred of us as well.
    What a steaming take we've got over here. Wars creating terrorism? Never!

Speaking of life and wellbeing, I'm assuming you've signed up for the military in hopes that we'll start a new war in the middle east?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mon dieu, go for it Barack 'Ussein ! Your new "White House" is a pristine palace and Michelle would enjoy the life in Paris too, together with the teenage daughters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89lys%C3%A9e_Palace

And just for shit an giggles: i would love to see him grinning to Trump. Up yours, Donnie !

Deleted
    I bet Le Pen would love losing against Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    What a steaming take we've got over here. Wars creating terrorism? Never!

Speaking of life and wellbeing, I'm assuming you've signed up for the military in hopes that we'll start a new war in the middle east?
    They wouldn't take me anymore. I'm too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If I could've voted for him a third time I would've, the Obama years were good years.
    Not for Yemen and Libya.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Not for Yemen and Libya.
    he was not President of Libya or Yemen.

They wouldn't take me anymore. I'm too old.
    I'm sure they'd find a use for you. Won't know until you try.

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    I'm sure they'd find a use for you. Won't know until you try.
    Their standards are available to the public. They don't accept new soldiers my age. Nobody does.