Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

I'd like to know what views of Le Pen's in particular make her right wing?

Every time she is talked about in the news she is given the right wing label and I would just like to on what basis she is given that label beyond being anti eu. I'm willing to bet that most of her views people in the us would consider to be pretty moderate if she was running for congress.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2017-02-24 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Nationalism, is usually the first thing, but also being against minority rights in generel, and for a more "traditional" way of life, in society and private life.
    ok but what I would like are some real examples of views she has that could be seen as right wing. There has to be more to it than just vague generalities. Otherwise calling her right wing just seems like a way to marginalize her. Nationalism in Euro political lingo doesn't really mean anything imo other than 'might want to give less power to the eu'. Its made out to sound like something dangerous when all it really seems to mean practically is making France a truly sovereign nation again.
    Last edited by Berndorf; 2017-02-24 at 07:44 PM.

Um.. can't you look at her policy page? I do not read French, nor really care to research the daughter of a neo-nazi.
    If you don't know then just say so. I'm not really asking you to do anything that you don't know already. I'm guessing there must be at least a posters from that region though who could answer the question off the top of their heads. I wouldn't mind getting a little discussion going as to what right wing truly means in today's political jargon either because imo its a term used by the media semi recklessly. Much like how left wing can be used to marginalize politicians on the left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um.. can't you look at her policy page? I do not read French, nor really care to research the daughter of a neo-nazi.
    I find it funny that you don't care to research her policies, but at the same time label her as the mere "daughter of a neo-nazi".

True kek indeed.

Deleted
    Well nothing really in particular, outside of some of her ideas of trade and business protection as well as taxation. Also her ideas for the justice system is pretty strict, which tends to skew right wing.

It is problematic because patriotism/nationalism/protectionism/conservatism isn't right wing specific but it tends to end up being represented as such because most left wing parties aren't to the same degree.
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2017-02-24 at 07:57 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Every time she is talked about in the news she is given the right wing label and I would just like to on what basis she is given that label beyond being anti eu. I'm willing to bet that most of her views people in the us would consider to be pretty moderate if she was running for congress.
    She is against flooding France with immigrants from the middle east, many of which are unvetable, claim they are 17 or younger but are really in their 20's-30's.

She doesn't think Brussels should rule over France because she believes their not working for the interests of the French people.

Of course she is right of radical left so she gets painted as an extremist.

Yes because children should certainly be held accountable for sins of their fathers.
    Your second name isn't Stalin is it?

It's simple - globalist elite media brands people with false labels hoping that their puppeteers stay in power. Read more on how mainstream media treated Trump, Brexit.

- - - Updated - - -

Accountable? no, but she did not fall far from the tree.
    That's false, she actually did alot to improve the image of Front National(her party) by moving away from national radicalism her father supported.

She is France's Bernie; aside from some tax thingies she is the carbon copy of Bernie policy-wise. She is just more vocal about it. Like go and check Bernie's stance on immigration at the beggining of his run.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2017-02-24 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Most decent schools offer classes in civics and whatnot. Look into one.
    I think the real question being asked is being completely lost on you. Right wing can mean many things to many different people, particularly in different countries. Its meaning has changed in the us just over the last 30 years or so. I wanted specific views of Ms Le Pen which justify the label always being applied to her when she is mentioned in us and prob Euro based media as though she represents some danger to everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not even her considers herself center. I can understand the latest trend to try to whitewash far-right politicians into innocent lambs but, really?

I read her program. Some of the nice prerogatives are already at the base of french constitution so she is just bullshitting. Some others are real gems, like forcing citizens to have only one citizenship, and yes, she is talking about all non-european people. Hey, hey americans! Wanna be friends?

She wants France to become an enclosed space in the middle of freaking Europe and that is the staple of the right wing these days. How times change. Her whole program is cringeworthy when you read it because of the vagueness and nationalism and you scratch your head trying to figure out how the hell she is going to not only achieve all that but how it is going to benefit the French people in any way. By the way, she seems very interested in ''helping'' the french territories from over the seas and the african countries, especially in security and defense. I guess she had some training with Putin.

The only thing I like is a measure concerning the self-employed people but if you are not French, I dont know if you will understand. Also, I do not think she will manage to put anything in practise once in power, everything seems taken out of book for children.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomyris View Post

The only thing I like is a measure concerning the self-employed people but if you are not French, I dont know if you will understand. Also, I do not think she will manage to put anything in practise once in power, everything seems taken out of book for children.

A bit of self irony here. Anyway, my point is people been saying Trump's policies are not going to be implemented ever, because they're pretty populist, they were saying wrong

Apparently, people know how to start MMO-C threads, but don't know how to use Google. That's sad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post

A bit of self irony here. Anyway, my point is people been saying Trump's policies are not going to be implemented ever, because they're pretty populist, they were saying wrong
    Trump has the republican party behind him. People dont seem to grasp that difference between Trump/Brexit and Le Pen's capabilities after she is elected. She wont have the republicans and the torries behind her. I do not waste my vote on people who only attract nutters. Also, her party's debt to Russian banks makes her even more vulnerable in my eyes.

Not even her considers herself center. I can understand the latest trend to try to whitewash far-right politicians into innocent lambs but, really?

I read her program. Some of the nice prerogatives are already at the base of french constitution so she is just bullshitting. Some others are real gems, like forcing citizens to have only one citizenship, and yes, she is talking about all non-european people. Hey, hey americans! Wanna be friends?

She wants France to become an enclosed space in the middle of freaking Europe and that is the staple of the right wing these days. How times change. Her whole program is cringeworthy when you read it because of the vagueness and nationalism and you scratch your head trying to figure out how the hell she is going to not only achieve all that but how it is going to benefit the French people in any way. By the way, she seems very interested in ''helping'' the french territories from over the seas and the african countries, especially in security and defense. I guess she had some training with Putin.

No one is white washing anything here but the fact that you are using the word in reference to Le Pen I find a bit startling and telling. There are some groups that fit within the right wing label which are in fact dangerous and deplorable in how they see the world. Le Pen from everything I've gathered due to no one seemingly being able to answer my question is not a danger to anyone. Her platform and that of her party seem to revolve around 3 main things: Being against the eu's gradual erosion of its members' national authority, wanting to limit immigration and increase deportation in some cases and wanting to hire more police/sentencing for some crimes. I don't think that makes her some kind of neo fascist or in need of white washing of itself. Maybe there are other things you could bring up but based on that I don't see her as very right wing by American standards. Its more relative to what has passed for moderate in the Eurozone for the last 40 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    She is against flooding France with immigrants from the middle east, many of which are unvetable, claim they are 17 or younger but are really in their 20's-30's.

She doesn't think Brussels should rule over France because she believes their not working for the interests of the French people.

Of course she is right of radical left so she gets painted as an extremist.
    Aka racist, sexist, transphobic, homophobic nazi. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And those classes cover this information. Guess I understood pretty well.
    Except that they don't and most don't cover Euro politics much at all. Not to mention as I said from the beginning that I wanted to see a little debate on the topic.

7+ Year Old Account
    No one is white washing anything here but the fact that you are using the word in reference to Le Pen I find a bit startling and telling. There are some groups that fit within the right wing label which are in fact dangerous and deplorable in how they see the world. Le Pen from everything I've gathered due to no one seemingly being able to answer my question is not a danger to anyone. Her platform and that of her party seem to revolve around 3 main things: Being against the eu's gradual erosion of its members' national authority, wanting to limit immigration and increase deportation in some cases and wanting to hire more police. I don't think that makes her some kind of neo fascist or in need of white washing of itself. Maybe there are other things you could bring up but based on that I don't see her as very right wing by American standards. Its more relative to what has passed for moderate in the Eurozone for the last 40 years.
    She has 144 points in her program, do you want me to explain the consequence of each? I've read them and tried to understand them and their implications, did you? Of course she marches on anti-immigration and anti-EU, this is how she gets her votes. Why would anyone talk about the rest? The way you say it sounds really tame, who does not want controlled immigration, respect for member states and deportation/incarceration of criminals? This is exactly what the other candidates want as well.But if she enforces all those 144, the way they look now, it is not going to be tame and nice, it is going to be a fascist state. She does not have solutions, she has more than a hundred ideas that give me the creeps, many of her points can be twisted in many ways to benefit only the people you want, that is dangerous . She would probably need a 20 years presidency for all of those anyway. I am not loyal in politics, I voted left, center and right, depending on their programs and if I considered them capable of doing what they say they are going to do. For a voter like me, she is a walking disaster.

She has 144 points in her program, do you want me to explain the consequence of each? I've read them and tried to understand them and their implications, did you? Of course she marches on anti-immigration and anti-EU, this is how she gets her votes. Why would anyone talk about the rest? The way you say it sounds really tame, who does not want controlled immigration, respect for member states and deportation/incarceration of criminals? This is exactly what the other candidates want as well.But if she enforces all those 144, the way they look now, it is not going to be tame and nice, it is going to be a fascist state. She does not have solutions, she has more than a hundred ideas that give me the creeps, many of her points can be twisted in many ways to benefit only the people you want, that is dangerous . She would probably need a 20 years presidency for all of those anyway. I am not loyal in politics, I voted left, center and right, depending on their programs and if I considered them capable of doing what they say they are going to do. For a voter like me, she is a walking disaster.
    Actually I did find the site for her party which had the 144 points of their platform but it was only in French that I could see. If you'd like to list 5-10 points that you feel are the most scary or furthest to the right that would be fine. Also, when nations go far enough to the left everything becomes only a step away from facism in the minds of the populace. No different than when it swings too far to the right everything to the left is just a step away from communism. Its a form of fearmongering to keep people conditioned to the status quo.

Deleted
    Accountable? no, but she did not fall far from the tree.
    Statements like these are why people want to know why you hold these opinions but you seem very reluctant to actually discuss why you think the way you do. Though, by what pretenses or context do you think she hasn't "fallen far from the tree" in regards to her nazi father.