Page 1 of 42
... LastLast

Mafia 80: The Lost Village

If you are not playing, please do not post in this thread.

If you want to play, wait for the next game, here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cussion-thread

Standard Rules: (not useful if you have played before)
    Spoiler: 

Game premise:
    The game is a standard game of mafia, where an uninformed majority ("the town") are attempting to fend off one or more aligned groups of evildoers ("the mafia" or "the scum") from murdering them all. The town do not know who the scum are, while the scum have much better information.

The game consists of two phases that alternate until the game ends: The day and the night.

During the day phase, the players are free to discuss whatever they want, claim whatever they want, and draw whatever conclusions they want. Just remember that anything can be faked. By the end of the day, the players decide upon one player to be killed off ("lynched").

During the night phase, there is no talking in the game thread, and each team of scum players gets to kill one player of choice.

This cycle repeats until all the scum are dead ("town wins"), or until nothing can prevent a scum team from winning ("that scum team wins").

Rolecards and Quicktopic Threads:
    Each player should at this point have received their rolecard/quicktopic thread in a private message from the moderator. Let me know if this is not the case!
    Your rolecard should explain your character, and may contain special actions you can perform. Ask the moderator if anything is unclear.

You are not allowed to share your rolecard/quicktopic thread with anyone; this includes quoting, screenshotting and linking it. You are however welcome to paraphrase the contents within as you see fit. Just don't quote it verbatim.

Voting:
    During the day phase, each player can place their vote on any player of choice. To do so, simply put the following in bold on a separate line:

vote: Danner

You can change your vote as many times you want, and you can remove your vote using

unvote

Unvoting is not required before re-voting, but feel free to do so if you want.
    You can also vote for a no-lynch. This works like this.

vote: no-lynch

If "no-lynch" is the winning option, then no player will be lynched that day phase.

Lynching:
    The moment any player (or "no-lynch") reaches the lynch threshold (half the players rounded down, plus one), the day ends. No more votes are counted. After that, "dusk" begins, during which you are allowed to talk as much as you want but votes are meaningless. Dusk lasts until the gameday is formally ended by a moderator, at which point it is night.

To avoid the day dragging out forever, the day phase will last no longer than 48 hours of real time.

Posting rules:
    You are not allowed to talk in the game thread during night. Feel free to talk at any time in your quicktopic thread should you have one.
    You are not allowed to edit a post after 10 minutes. Instead, post a new post where you set things right.
    You are not allowed to edit a vote. Instead, make a new post where you re-vote.
    You are not allowed to delete a post. Just don't.
    You are not allowed to post if you are dead. Bumping and bah-posts are okay.

Out-of-game Communication:
    Unless explicitly stated in your rolecard/quicktopic thread, you are not allowed to talk about the game outside of the game thread and provided quicktopic threads. We obviously cannot monitor this, so this is enforced by the honor system. Don't cheat.

Special Rules: (special for this game)
    Spoiler: 

Minority lynch:
    If no player has enough votes to reach the lynch threshold by the end of the day, the player with the most amount of votes will be lynched instead. In case of a tie, the player that reached the most amount of votes first will be lynched. If no-lynch is the winning choice, no player will be lynched.

Rule of AWOL:
    Players who can't manage to post at least once per game day will be modkilled. To avoid this fate, you must make a post in either the game thread or in any quicktopic thread you have access to. If the day ends early by reaching a majority lynch, this rule will not be enforced that day.

If you have a special circumstance that prevents your appearance, you can arrange a way around this rule with a moderator. This rule is here to remove players abandoning the game, not punishing those who suffer unforeseen consequences.

If a replacement is available that take precedence over modkilling.

Comparison rule:
    In other games you are also not allowed to compare rolecard information with other players. This includes challenging other players to reveal some specific wording/formatting/coloring on their rolecard. For this game in particular, comparisons are allowed. Go ahead, see if it helps you.

Note that you are still not allowed to verbatim quote, screenshot or share QT links. Rolecards are still private.

Traits:
    Each character has been given a set of traits. These do not do anything on their own, but some abilities and wincons may interact with traits. Specifically, most of your night actions require you to reveal a trait before you can use it.

To claim a trait, use the following syntax:
    Claim: stupid

At dusk I will take the last trait claimed by each player, and confirm it (if true), or debunk it (if false).

Example reveal at dusk:
    Danner is stupid

or
    Danner is not stupid

If I confirm it, it counts as 'revealing a trait' for game mechcanics purposes. All other traits claimed - false or not the last one claimed - do not.

You may also unclaim though a simple
    unclaim
    if you decided to not claim a trait after all.

Story: (this part is just for flavour)
    Spoiler: 

Disclaimer: I will use your characters and some NPCs liberally and somewhat inaccurately to tell the story. Locations and people shown may not necessarily represent what actually happened on a given day or night, as I do not want this game to turn into a picture hunt. The major happenings shown definitively take place, but the details shown may have quite a bit of artistic licence. If you use the story to deduce something, you may be fooling yourself hard.

Wakey wakey everyone! We're almost there! The Lost Village!
    It's time I introduced myself properly! I'm Danner, your tour guide.
    I must warn you though - once this bus will arrive at the destination, there is a two hour walk, ending with a long unlit tunnel.
    Aw maaan!
    Not to worry, the elderly couple living there should have food and accomodations awaiting us. It's time for our new life!
    That's right!
    No more laws that chain us down. We can be free!
    Society is so rotten...
    In the lost village, we can live by our own premises.
    I can be the boss of my own life.
    I can be my true self!
    A new start!
    We all have our reasons. Be sure to let the Mastersons know that you are grateful that they let you into their village.
    Yes sir!

Are we there yet?
    According to the directions I got, just through this tunnel.
    It looks super scary...
    Stop pushing!

Light! I'm not crossing that tunnel ever again!
    There is the village. Huts all over the place.
    They even have a farm!
    And a forest made for hunting!
    But where are the people? Is this village completely empty?
    No no, the Mastersons should be here...
    ... somewhere.
    Probably. Uh.... Let's split up and look around?

Alive:

1. Crissi
    2. Listo
    3. PalawinFC
    4. Razamith
    5. Reticence
    6. Senna1251

Clover "Monkz" Harris was lynched on Day 1
    Vampira "Marack" Deathbone was killed on Night 1
    George "Kryllian" Hart was lynched on Day 2
    Sue "Arialla" Malorne was killed on Night 2
    Rex "Dupti" Mercedes was killed on Night 2
    Jeremy "Xanjori" Ozymander was lynched on Day 3
    Harvey Garriet has been killed on Night 3
    Danner the Tour Guide has been killed on Night 3
    Crackleslap was lynched on Day 4
    Waldemar "Rixis" Cutler was killed on Night 4
    Aina "Graeham" Watson was killed on Night 4
    Guido "Catta" Pesci was lynched on Day 5
    Clark "Largehorn" Brendan was killed on Night 5
    Endgame

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to reach a majority lynch.

Deadline Night 55:
    Last edited by Danner; 2017-03-13 at 10:37 AM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

7+ Year Old Account
    Vote Danner

There. Now I can go drink. I need a few beers if you're gonna make me explore this creepy place.

Everyone should have their rolecards at this point. If you do not, let me know!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    oh hai.

Is there lego cattle? please tell me there is lego cattle!

10+ Year Old Account
    I figure you are all my friends! No one here wants me dead!

Claim: Naive

7+ Year Old Account
    Vote Crackleslap

Beat me to the 1st.
    Guess I should have been constantly refreshing the forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    Vote Crackleslap

Beat me to the 1st.
    Guess I should have been constantly refreshing the forum.
    Hey...I just woke up at a good time! Don't blame me for your inconsistencies.

Marack is scum confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Vote: Marack

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    I figure you are all my friends! No one here wants me dead!

Claim: Naive
    I don't know, I think the person in your avatar is wanting you dead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Checking in. Good evening everyone!
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

Hello everyone! It's that time again, eh?

Claim: Charming

How fitting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    Checking in. Good evening everyone!
    Is this your one post before you lurk again Senna? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Hello everyone! It's that time again, eh?

How fitting.
    I guess I'll join you on that one buddy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    Is this your one post before you lurk again Senna? :-)
    Haha maybe <.< >.> i am at an event this evening sooooooo......
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I don't know, I think the person in your avatar is wanting you dead.
    Well... He did get his entire group killed in their most recent MV... Mostly cause he is crazy and called the cops to kill his own group just so he could be the last one standing...

7+ Year Old Account
    Listo what is an MV?

7+ Year Old Account
    Unvote
    Vote Graeham

You arent that charming

Unvote
    Vote Monkz

Lies!!!!

Unvote

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Well... He did get his entire group killed in their most recent MV... Mostly cause he is crazy and called the cops to kill his own group just so he could be the last one standing...
    Exactly! So to preserve your soul from this evil man we must lynch you. Letting this monster siphon your soul is bad business!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    Listo what is an MV?
    Music video.

7+ Year Old Account
    His avatar is a real person? I thought it was someone from a creepy realistic looking video game.