Deleted
    I'm really looking forward to ME:A as I enjoyed ME 1&2 while ME:3 was pretty meh

Quote Originally Posted by Hisuii View Post
    I'm really looking forward to ME:A as I enjoyed ME 1&2 while ME:3 was pretty meh
    I enjoyed the story of ME1 but the gameplay was pretty crappy for me. I enjoyed both the story and gameplay of 2. And loved the story and gameplay of 3 even more (Shitty ending nonwithstanding)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Staple? What are you on about? I could get a bunch of skills and bind them to 1-0, that isn't limited. It was just like Dragon Age.

This is inquisition all over again, PC gameplay suffering because of console limitations, when they could easily do it like it was in ME or Dragon Age 1,2 and let you bind spells to all your buttons.
    I'm playing Me 2 right now and i have access to 5 actives 6 if you count the bonus all on a global cd, same for 3. ME A We well have access to 12 skills with no global cooldown, the only drawback is that the skills get put on CD when you swap, and if you use low cd skills you will hardly notice.

It not about console limitations, it about game play choice. They are giving us vastly more options just making us chose between them, instead of giving us a few at once on a global cd. In Me 2 even with my 6 skills right now i'm still only using about 3 skills regularly Tech armor Warp and Overload. The others are so situational i may as well not bother using a expensive global CD.

With the new system I can have one shield/armor killer sentinel profile, to use as my base. One for knocking the now defenseless enemies into hazards, one to set up combos for my waifu Cora to detonate, and one for bringing down bosses. Instead of just using the shield/armor shredding skills and having to ignore the other 30 the rest of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I enjoyed the story of ME1 but the gameplay was pretty crappy for me. I enjoyed both the story and gameplay of 2. And loved the story and gameplay of 3 even more (Shitty ending nonwithstanding)
    for me

Story wise

Me1<Me2<Me3 before the last 5 min

Combat

Me1<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<ME2<Me3

This interview is pretty good.

I specially agree with what he says at the start.

Paraphrased he says "Throughout the trilogy, the combat for most classes is: You get to cover, you peek out, you shoot, you peek back down, all the time. And you always knew where combat was gonna take place. You enter a room, see a bunch of waist-high objects placed around and you immediately knew combat was about to happen. We wanna change that, so when you take cover, you can do so behind any kind of object, rocks, tables, boxes, your Nomad, and even a deployable cover. By doing that, combat can really happen just about everywhere. We also want to give players the ability to just..... move around, its not fun to just park yourself in a single spot and shoot from there for the entirety of the battle. We want to give players mobility, and that's where the jetpack comes in. You can go to a high ledge and snipe them, vault to the sides and flank them, as opposed to entirely lateral combat, we want to add a layer of verticality to fights"

Ohhh HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of the very few gripes I had with the combat in the original trilogy. How your feet were always glued to the ground. There was no jumping, no usage of the environment, and (Vanguards aside) everyone was more or less forced to stick to cover in the higher modes, else the enemies chewed through your health and shields in a few bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You haven't made a case that this has anything to do with "console limitations". ME 2 and 3, gameplay-wise, were pretty clear improvements over ME1, to boot.

It's particularly silly since you GET access to 12 total skills in ME:A. That's sort of the point of the profile system.
    Yeah and in ME1/ME2 you could use them all in an action bar mapped 1-0. Why not allow us to do the same thing here?

Come on, don't be silly. Of course it's a console limitation. You have 4 spells per mapping. HMM. WONDER HOW MANY BUTTONS A CONSOLE HAS ON THE RIGHT SIDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and in ME1/ME2 you could use them all in an action bar mapped 1-0. Why not allow us to do the same thing here?

Come on, don't be silly. Of course it's a console limitation. You have 4 spells per mapping. HMM. WONDER HOW MANY BUTTONS A CONSOLE HAS ON THE RIGHT SIDE.
    That's not even how the default button layout worked in ME3, so I don't know why that's even relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    PC Requirements released:

To preserve game balance.

In ME1, skills were mostly useless, so being able to spam them to your heart's content wasn't really all that problematic.

In ME2/ME3, skills were powerful and meaningful, but while you could map a shitload of them, you could still only use ONE at a time. And whenever you used one, ALL of them would go on Cooldown. Threw a Singularity? Enjoy doing nothing but shooting for the next 8 seconds cowboy.

Here, each skill has its own individual cooldown, you can actually use them in combos, and switching profiles simply engages the cooldowns of your abilities, which means a profile with quick spells will only delay you by 2 seconds tops. You can still do far more than in ME2/3, as you have access to 12 skills that you can use simultaneously, with only small gaps between them when switching profiles (And even then, certain skills that use consumable items are not subjected to this cooldown period and can be used immediately upon swapping profiles)

If you could use all 12 at all times with zero limitations, it would break game balance entirely, making you a grotesquely OP killing machine, and thus making combat boring. Then either they have to buff the enemy to shit, the game being balanced around the idea of playing with OP Skill Spamming builds in mind, or else you more or less curbstomp your way to victory even on insanity.

Neither sounds fun.

You, much like that other guy, are making a fuzz about a non-issue, its not like switching profiles puts you into a 5 min cooldown. its not like your guns stop working. its not like your jetpack switches off. You can still do shit, and the cooldown is of a couple of seconds at most, no different than throwing a powerful move (Such as Reave, Singularity, or Fortification) in ME2/3 and being locked out of all your other skills for a lengthy period of time.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really liking the idea of setting up combos via Primer abilities, and Detonator abilties, and them being labeled as such. Things like suspending an enemy with Pull, then blasting him to kingdom come while he's in zero gravity with a concussive shot.

From what I've been reading regarding the previews, they did a change I've been wanting for a long time. On the galaxy map, planets you've never scanned or landed on, will have a "!" exclamation mark on them to differentiate them from planets you have scanned/landed on. Makes for completing the galaxy map way easier.

Also, its looking like finishing the main story wont finish the game. Its gonna be like in ME2, where after finishing the main story, you can still hang around and do all the side-stuff you skipped (Though once the main story is beaten, the New Game+ will unlock on the main menu).

And a tweet from Bioware has confirmed that the game just went gold O_O
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-02-25 at 01:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Andromeda Initiative briefing video:

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

Damn, I didn't account for CPU....

1060 3GB / 16GB RAM / I7 as recommended?

What the hell.

Sounds like some wonky optimisation.

- - - Updated - - -

If you could use all 12 at all times with zero limitations, it would break game balance entirely, making you a grotesquely OP killing machine, and thus making combat boring. Then either they have to buff the enemy to shit, the game being balanced around the idea of playing with OP Skill Spamming builds in mind, or else you more or less curbstomp your way to victory even on insanity.

Neither sounds fun.
    You do realise you can still spam skills. It just takes you a second to change mapping.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-02-25 at 02:55 AM.

So pause has not been removed and rather the system has been changed. Still not sure why they removed squad direction from also being able to target an ability. One thing to have squadmates automatically trigger combos and another to get them to prime for combos.

For the demo it seems they changed abilities often more to show the system rather than how often a player is expected to swap abilities.

Not sure how much I like Avenger reegar mod. Then there is the laser shotgun. Seems the devs was having some fun.

What the hell.

I hope for ram that means more preloading and with i5 and up better use of quad cores. I feel bad for i3 users.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-02-25 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    So pause has not been removed and rather the system has been changed. Still not sure why they removed squad direction from also being able to target an ability. One thing to have squadmates automatically trigger biotic abilities and better use their abilities in the first place and another to get them to prime targets.
    Same reason they removed tactics in Inquisition, streamlining and making it easier to play on consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I hope for ram that means more preloading and with i5 and up better use of quad cores. I feel bad for i3 users.
    People use i3 for gaming?

But damn, now I'm worrying about my CPU, and can't even upgrade this thing :/

10+ Year Old Account

What the hell.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realise you can still spam skills. It just takes you a second to change mapping.
    RAM recommendations are usually if someone tries to do more than just have the game open at the same time as it, such as a browser with a couple dozen tabs. I've yet to see any game actually use anywhere near 16GB of RAM.

10+ Year Old Account

What the hell.

Well it says or 8350... Pretty much any i5 quad core outperforms an 8350 in gaming.

Perhaps they just overestimated the Intel recommendation since there isn't really any reason it would run well on an 8350 and not run well on, say, a 6500 (non K) for example.

Just going back and looking at Inquisition benchmarks (like this)... Even a low end i5 3470 (non-k) had similar performance to the 8350. And its the same developers using the same engine...

I have I7 and 16 GB RAM but crap, 1060 vid card for recommended? I think I should still be okay, but damn...

10+ Year Old Account
    1: There is no level cap.
    Finally, at least one game assuring infinite progression!

3: Your companions will have A LOT to say. One dev even going as far as saying that even the quietest squadmate, will still have as many voiced lines as Shepard did in ME3.
    One of the features of ME3 I liked the most is how chatty the squadmates were. Sometimes even overly chatty to my liking. Can't wait to hear the Turian and the Krogan squadmate talk Krogan Rebellions.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5d2heUVUAAuUwd.jpg:large[IMG]
    Damn, these look high... I suppose, at UHD I'm stuck with playing on minimum settings? Already had to downscale Doom to 1440p to be able to play properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

The shepard voice line thing is untrue devs confirmed it in twitter. What it was supposed to say is that the quietest companion talks more then the most talkative one in 3.

- - - Updated - - -

660 min 1060 reccomended. The 1060's gotta be for ultra right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    People use i3 for gaming?

But damn, now I'm worrying about my CPU, and can't even upgrade this thing :/
    Was being recommended by tech review sites and the community for entry systems. It outperformed most AMD processors in gaming and many games at the time did not benefit from having more than 2 cores. People where also getting an i3 over and i5 for a better graphics card where there was more gains to be had.