Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Protecting religious communities and their properties from violence, riots and insults is actually part of every modern western society.

This is what blashpemy laws are about nowadays.
    They don't own the quran, the person who acquired the quran owns it, and they don't need to have their sensibilities seen to by protecting them from things people say that they don't approve of.

Deleted
    So will he be sentenced to death as per the sharia law? I mean if we're gonna go Inquisition and shit, might as well do it properly.

Depends on if it is recognized as religion by the country. In my country, religions are not just small groups of people but need to have special attributes to be acknowledged as religion.
    what, enough idiots thinking some magical person is real? Sorry but you should be free to practice your religion, but you shouldnt be given special privileges or tax breaks or the other bullshit that countries cave in for different religions.

And burning books and temples. Or did you already forget about the incidents in 1933?

Reichskristallnacht.
    You can't really...
    I mean noone can be that stupid?

We are not forcing anyone into underground. We just dont allow nazi-symbols and political parties which want to get rid of our constitution. That is all.
    They aren't even nazi symbols, but go on.

And it is actually rational to protect religions and their believers from riots and violence.
    Riots and violence, but not only crazy religious people, everyone, because you know we should be pasted our caveman ways... Yet most religious people just aren't...
    Burning a book is not an act of violence, it is burning a fucking book, nothing more nothing less, now you might consider that book to be more than a book because it tells stories of incest, violence and a paedophile prophet, but that really has nothing to do with anything. It is a book. Pages with ink on them, telling (what we can only hope considering) fictional stories.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    They don't own the quran, the person who acquired the quran owns it, and they don't need to have their sensibilities seen to by protecting them from things people say that they don't approve of.
    Actually, the words of the quran are property of the muslim religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    It was HIS property,he CAN do whatever he wants to do with it.
    Fucking leftwing shits need to go eat a dick.
    This certainly is left wing.

It has nothing to do with wings, just some people's desire to force everyone to live the way they think is "right".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, you can't own words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    No, you can't own words.
    Sure you can. Thats called "intellectual property".

10+ Year Old Account
    Religion is not some registered entity, it cannot own anything. Churches as private organizations can, and individuals can, but there is no such legal agent in the economy as "religion". Or, at least, there shouldn't be; I don't know how it is in Germany and Denmark.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    It seems that you do not know what intellectual property is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weirdly enough, burning the quran is the only acceptable way to dispose of old copies of the book under islamic law.

Recycling the paper is strictly forbidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    It was HIS property,he CAN do whatever he wants to do with it.
    Fucking leftwing shits need to go eat a dick.
    Oh hunny, stop saying stupid shit like this. I'm a lefty and I protect freedom of speech, it is without exceptions. The only thing for me is, don't say stupid things, like your last line.
    He can do whatever he wants with it. The Satanic bible tells hims so too: Your freedom end where mine begins.
    He has the freedom to burn his book, not mine. Now I don't think Richard Dawkins would really care if he burnt my "God delusion" but I would, I'd have to buy a new one.

Out of curiosity what happens in America if you burn the national flag in a public place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Hahahahaha, you sir are a grade a (retarded) troll. I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner. Continue your trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Out of curiosity what happens in America if you burn the national flag in a public place?
    People get uppity and pissed because they care too much about a flag.

Burning flags is protected by the first amendment. You could face some legal problems for starting a fire without a permit though.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2017-02-25 at 08:37 AM.

Nothing about religion can be considered "intellectual" by the way ;-)
    Just sayin'. It's all retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Religion is not some registered entity, it cannot own anything.
    No, but the holy books of a religion are the property of the religion and their believers.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Churches as private organizations can, and individuals can, but there is no such legal agent in the economy as "religion". Or, at least, there shouldn't be; I don't know how it is in Germany and Denmark.
    In our country, holy books are protected under the blashpemy law. And, considering our history, burning these books is seen as violating our blasphemy law.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    Weirdly enough, burning the quran is the only acceptable way to dispose of old copies of the book under islamic law.

Recycling the paper is strictly forbidden.
    He has his defence then.

- - - Updated - - -

No, but the holy books of a religion are the property of the religion and their believers.

In our country, holy books are protected under the blashpemy law. And, considering our history, burning these books is seen as violating our blasphemy law.
    There is no such thing as a "holy" book. It's paper and ink.
    See, I'm just going to a bookfair next week, find some bibles, quran and let's hope for a thora too and use them to light my BBQ this summer.
    Just for the fun of knowing it irks you. I'm not making a film of it, I'm just going to do that.
    Good thing they have so many pages, I love to BBQ in summer.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, they're the property of anyone who acquired them.

Deleted
    It's not intelectual property, it's public domain. The texts in a holy book cannot be copyrighted because the only people who can own those rights are the original writers, who just happen to have been dead for millennia now and no one can trace their lineage back to them and claim rights, because it's unknown who they even were.

Seriously, what the actual fuck are you talking about?!