Page 1 of 2
LastLast

‘The LEGO Batman Movie’ is Apparently Brainwashing Us with a ‘Pro-Gay’ Agenda, Critic

‘The LEGO Batman Movie’ is Apparently Brainwashing Us with a ‘Pro-Gay’ Agenda, Critics Say

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/02/the...da-1201786525/

Anti-LGBTQ groups have been looking for something to get angry about, and they are now pushing the ridiculous notion that the newest Lego film is actually pro-gay propaganda.
    The world seems to enjoy seeing LEGO brought to life cinematically, as the recent successes of “The LEGO Movie” and “The LEGO Batman Movie” have shown. Yet, as is the case with all things that bring happiness to large groups of people, “The LEGO Batman Movie” has managed to attract some controversy, in this case for apparently containing pro-gay propaganda.

As reported by The Mary Sue, one critic in particular, John-Henry Western of the website Voice of the Family, claims that the hit animated movie is riddled with homosexual elements. Western focuses particularly on the longstanding thematic element of Bruce Wayne’s dual identity as defender of Gotham and billionaire playboy, and cites PJ Media’s Michael Hamilton’s review, which argues that because Robin views Batman and Bruce Wayne as separate identities, he views them as his two fathers, and thus this becomes a subtle promotion of “gay adoption” which the filmmakers are trying to force onto its viewers.

“It seemed the creators were so anxious to subtly indoctrinate the little ones into the gender ideology that making it humorous came as a distant second thought,” Western writes.

In numerous other reviews, film critics roundly “The LEGO Batman Movie” agree that the film is absolutely hilarious, so Western’s claim that the writers placed their supposed “pro-gay agenda” as a higher priority than the film’s comedy doesn’t carry much weight.

Western and Hamilton’s argument doesn’t end here, however. Hamilton explains that the relationship between Batman and the Joker is homoerotic, citing that Batman “breaks up” with the Joker in the early portion of the film.

“They’re subtle enough most people won’t notice,” claims Hamilton, regarding the “hidden” and apparently dangerous pro-gay elements of the film. “But failing to notice grants them normalcy, as though you’d be crazy or cruel to suggest anything was amiss here.”

Now, with all film being subjective, one viewer or critic can’t claim that another viewer’s interpretations are wrong, even if those interpretations hold that an entertaining kid’s film like “The LEGO Batman Movie” is rife with subtle hints that relate to gay adoption or a borderline homosexual relationship — or that such hints are a bad thing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I haven't seen the movie, but I've heard it's pretty excellent. This interpretation seems like... a stretch, to put it lightly. I wouldn't be surprised if the filmmakers are pro-gay and would promote acceptance of gay couples and gay families adopting; if they did so in some subtle way, I'd regard that as a basically positive message. There are a non-zero number of kids watching that have two mommies or daddies - seeing their families as normal ain't a bad thing.

So, the bigots are going to boycott LEGO Batman now?

Guess we better add it to the list.

Deleted
    As reported by The Mary Sue, one critic in particular, John-Henry Western of the website Voice of the Family, claims that the hit animated movie is riddled with homosexual elements.

Random person says something stupid.
    Bring your pitchforks bois.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, they figured out our agenda! Time for plan , Drop the gay bombs Mr Sulu!

Sulu "Oooooh my!"
    Last edited by Trassk; 2017-02-25 at 01:20 PM.
    #boycottchina

The best part is how the guy focuses on something generally Batman and not unique to LEGO Batman movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...which argues that because Robin views Batman and Bruce Wayne as separate identities, he views them as his two fathers, and thus this becomes a subtle promotion of “gay adoption” which the filmmakers are trying to force onto its viewers.
    Wait was he trying to say that Batman is gay with himself? Literal wat.

I'm surprised he didn't try to also argue that it promotes masturbation as well.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Wait was he trying to say that Batman is gay with himself? Literal wat.
    He should know Batman has never been Happy even more so with himself
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

“They’re subtle enough most people won’t notice” aka we made it up and you should totally buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    And today on the vigilant christian mario
    #boycottchina

Lord give me the strength I need...

Not sure what's worse, his dipshit interpretation, that someone wrote an article about it, or that you reposted it.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Is this Gay frogs 2 - the froggining?

In other news gentle parody is evil.

Batman's complicated relationship with the Joker distilled to a frat movie 'bromance' is hilarious, and anyone who says otherwise is looking for an axe to grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Is this Gay frogs 2 - the froggining?
    It's dem chemicals in tap water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    ‘The LEGO Batman Movie’ is Apparently Brainwashing Us with a ‘Pro-Gay’ Agenda, Critics Say

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/02/the...da-1201786525/

Just the Alt-right making up things to be outraged over and clamoring for more safe spaces where they can hide from the horrible GAY AGENDA! You know, basically the same behaviour as they have been accusing the so-called "SJW's" of.

Irony is tasty!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

Im gonna boycott it cause its Lego. Either make a live action movie or a cartoon, why the hell would you use Lego.. thingies?

But I guess it's just me, I can't stand that "it's so crappy that it's good" mentality.

Pro-gay Agenda? I thought that boogeyman died out a few years ago. We've moved on to Transgender and gender fluid. The gays got their time in the sun, now scurry along and let someone else have the stage for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Pro-gay Agenda? I thought that boogeyman died out a few years ago. We've moved on to Transgender and gender fluid. The gays got their time in the sun, now scurry along and let someone else have the stage for a bit
    With trump as our president everything has been set back a few years.

Its like a fucken time machine...

Movie Idea: Orange President Time Machine.

Its like Hot tub Time Machine but....not funny at all.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-25 at 02:46 PM.

My kids liked the movie, I thought it was terrible. I like my cartoons to have a plot... this one did not.

As for the idiots claiming gay propaganda... as I said, they are idiots. It's just a movie, lighten up. It's astonishing how many people are terrified of their children ever finding out that gay people exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post

If it has the same effect all the other boycotts have had, I expect LEGO Batman to break box-office records before it's out of theaters.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!