Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Who knows, but the games does not really gets worse by being on 3-5 million then if it is on 7-8 million. Aslong as you can get a guld going and an alright raid group, the game is fine

If there is a decline on any kind it will ultimately have its affect on the quantity and quality of new material that is generated.

You can have a great time in the game with a very limited number of people in the overall population... but the more limited that number is, the less revenue is created for Blizzard from subs, which means less money and time spent on developing the new content that people yearn for.

You can see this to some degree even now if you compare amounts of "unique" material (and not re-scaling or recycled jobs) over the last few expansions to the first few. Do a quest, then maybe do it again as a Daily Quest... Do a Dungeon, then maybe do it again on over a dozen various difficulties... Or maybe do the same Dungeon that you did 10 years ago, but it has been rescaled with maybe a modification or two.

In general, these types of things were pretty rare back before the game was in a state of decline. Now they are a standard format.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-02-25 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    can't ask in wow-addicted forums if wow is dying. ppl that post here usually tend to.... well...

be like this ^
    Wowreddit in a nutshell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Who knew a realm that has always been on high and weekly had a full status, now suddenly is a medium realm after 8 years because players are quitting because months of nothing. Thank you. I did not know that.
    You missed the hardware upgrades done just before legion launch?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    You missed the hardware upgrades done just before legion launch?
    PR bullshit to mask the fact that tons of players left. They may have done some upgrades but that's not the reason why all servers are on Low, with several on Medium and 2 on High.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    can't ask in wow-addicted forums if wow is dying. ppl that post here usually tend to.... well...

be like this ^
    Ain't that the truth.

I mean damn, I've sunk an unholy amount of hours into WoW. But I don't feel angry or personally slighted when people say things about it that I disagree with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Someone might say it is an lie, but it's actually an truth.

1: Where is Left 4 Die map for SC2 CO-OP which was announced on Blizzcon? Still not there.
    2: Where is Necromancer? Still nothing there.
    3: HOTS suffering in some technical issues like lagging etc.

People may say i complain, but actually all of that is true.
    1) (10 seconds in google) The map is expected for release in early 2017.
    2) Still not out, just like they told you at Blizzcon
    3) Running on the SC2 engine, it will always run like shit on computers which are garbage
    Last edited by mmocae1868ef01; 2017-02-25 at 07:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    PR bullshit to mask the fact that tons of players left. They may have done some upgrades but that's not the reason why all servers are on Low, with several on Medium and 2 on High.
    They switched capacity status overnight. Did all of them quit at the same signal or what? C'mon now.
    The fact is - no one knows for sure. They don't publish numbers.

I can only judge by our guild recruitment. It's been busy with applications lately, so whatever, I don't really care much past that.

It's in decline. Everyone on my friends list has either significantly taken down play time or just quit. Looking for M+ groups even at prime time hours theres only a few for each dungeon as opposed to dozens at the same time. I'm seeing less groups even for pug raids. People are just burned out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blame the new Token Prices.

Deleted
    Almost all servers on EU, is on either low or medium.

Even the long running EU Outland realm is on medium after being on high/full for 8 years.
    This changed not long ago when they increased the cap on the realms.

Deleted
    Definitely feels like it, not seeing many players like I used to, and I'm on a previously "full" realm.

Also Blizz not reporting sub count anymore would lead any reasonable person to believe they stopped because they're dropping so fast and they're tired of the sub count discussion being used as leverage for their argument against Blizzards design choices.

Are you actually serious? You really think, if you que as tank your queue will be faster then being a dps?
    You do realize the reason class roles were added was to let everyone know who is playing what right?

Blizzard even said time over time that they are trying their hardest to make queues as fast as possible again, you really think they would have done something like what you suggest just because of what? Why does Eye of the storm need a tank? Or a healer. For most people's sake, they want a full match and go for it.

The role system never played a part in the BG queue system.
    ANY KIND OF FILTER TAKES LONGER THAN NO FILTER.

This has nothing to do with making queues faster for the individual and everything to do with the fact that it takes longer to gather a specific set of something. This has been a major improvement because you no longer end up in a team with no healers or composed of only healers.

Actually nevermind. Some people lack the mental capacity to understand basic things.

Even the long running EU Outland realm is on medium after being on high/full for 8 years.
    Activity appears to be somewhat stable over the last couple of months.
    http://warcraftrealms.com/weeklyfactionactivity.php

"There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

7+ Year Old Account

Like ever since WoD It's been dying, where have you been mate? Hope you aint one of those "It's dying since Wrath when they had 12 mil subs lololol" I'm pretty sure WoW Legion being on a 3 mil sub Is closer to dying than It was In Wrath. Which still puts It high above any other MMO's numbers but still, even SW:TOR which Is MMO with the worst F2P model out there, the worst expansions and story (In expansions only, the vanila 1-50 stories are amazing) holds around 1 mil sub.

Doesn't help Blizz keeps banning people left and right (Don't mean bot-users, screw them - but regular normal fans for obsurd reasons the never justifie or try to fix, loyalty means nothing to Blizzard only money. They thrive on Loyalty, thats the only reason they can charge so much for everything, and then put microtransactions Into their games for even more money. Loyalty Is what they make you give them and money Is all they take and care for) and those people remain banned even if they did literaly nothing. Many vanilla/tbc/wrath players tried to return to play Legion only to be told their accounts are hacked/gone/vanished/unuseable or some other flipping excuse, they don't understand the value we put on such old accounts and the vanity items those accounts have.

Saying "Just make a 2nd account and play again, lol" Is the worst thing you can say, to someone who spent 10 years making his account so big, collection so many things, achieving so many things, raid and pvp wise, as well as RP wise and then be told "Lol sorry, but you can make another account and return to Azeroth!"

This has been more rampant since WoD began, I don't know why but since WoD everything has gone downhill really fast with Blizzard and WoW... I can't put my finger on why.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

No, I can tell you exactly where Blizzard dropped the ball with Legion.
    1. My hunter main is very bad at both pvp and pve.
    2. I only like to play ranged characters and tanks, and no ranged spec is any good at casual pvp like wpvp and solo random bgs right now in Legion.
    3. Tanks are very bad at pvp in Legion and also leveling in the Legion areas as a tank is an epic pain in the ass as you about 0 damage and get smashed by the regular-strong mobs.
    4. Jumping into and out of alts is nigh impossible due to the AP grind.
    5. BGs are not fun because of the pvp template that makes some specs do 0 damage, and also makes pretty much everyone into a raid boss. No more fast fights nor smashing undergeared players.
    6. Wpvp is dead because in the absence of resilience, players two shot each other. No, I mean REAL WPVP, none of that pvp areas in Legion.

This is why I left. If these get fixed, I will come back, no questions asked. As you can see, these new changes are definitely new to the game, as things were different in the prior expansions. Right now I'd even want WoD back, at least the above didn't happen in WoD.
    Moonkins aren't ranged anymore. OK

Our server has queues pretty often, its not in the hundreds, but it can take a min or two to logon. And in the realm menu, it says "Medium" - Dalaran is full of ppl at all hours of the day / night, I know its partly due to CRZ, but at no point in Legion, have I had any problems, finding a group for X event. And we have a stupid amount of raid guilds, compared to MoP and WoD.

I would like there to be a few less ppl farming Ancient mana during the early hours, when im farming them though ;-)

Prove to me that the low-medium-high-full markers aren't just blinking lights blizzard turn on or off as they please, and that they in any way corresponds to actual realm capacity.

Because you claiming the upgrade is a PR stunt is just as valid a claim as the claim that those are anything more than a way to guide new players to big or small realms.

nothing surpirsing there - no decent content for causals so no point playing untill 7.2 hits .

really perfect time to take 2-3 months break now and return when actual content will apprear outside of raiding.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2017-02-25 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No way to know. I hope it is, if only to serve as a wake up call to blizzard. Two terrible expansions in a row is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    There is a large portion of people that come back for a month or two after each patch/expansion drops. Between those times, most either log only for a few things or unsub for a while, until a new patch/expansion drops.
    Pretty much this, My account is up in 5 days and I won't be resubbing until 7.2 currently not much to do beside grind the same stuff for ap.