Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thinking of resubbing (quit end of WoD)

Need something to sink some time into, haven't been keeping up with much but my main concern is catching up with AP...since I have started later in the expansion will I be permanently behind other characters that have been grinding since day one and if so, will it be much of an issue?

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you wanna do mythic raiding, you are more then fine to come back!
    It's a expansion to atleast check out once!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

You'll be fine in regards to AP. The catch up is effective and 7.2 provides what looks like a semi-reset.

you will be slightly behind but there are catch up methods, and compared to wod there's so much more to do

Here's my advice:

The most critical thing to do is gear up as fast as possible. This means getting into Mythic+ and chain running Mythic plus dungeons. Mythic + is run at level 110. The problem is that, at this point, most people will only accept applicants that outgear the mythic+ dungeon they want to run. So the KEY is to go into trade chat and LFG chat and recruit 2 types of players: either (1) similarly fresh level 110s who wish to chain run Mythic+ for gear for several hours and (2) players who outgear Mythic+ willing to help you for several hours.

Keep in mind that as soon as you have enough gear to chain run M+ dungeons, you should focus on that above anything else. Nothing will gear you up faster. In a weekend you can have a lot of nice starter gear.

I'll go over how Mythic dungeons work because it is essential to understand.

The way Mythic + works is that its a new dungeon difficulty above heroic. Mythic dungeons have difficulty levels on TOP of this. The easiest Mythic dungeon is called Mythic +0 or M+0. The next easiest is M+1, then M+2 and so on. When you are starting out on your Mythic dungeon running with a new toon, you run a M+0 first. When you complete the M+0, you get an item called a keystone. The keystone will have a number attached such as +2 as well as the name of a random 5 man Legion dungeon. The keystones are how you run anything above M+0. When you first enter a Mythic dungeon, there will be a pedestal in front of you. You insert the keystone into the pedestal and it changes the M+0 to an M+2 (assuming you put a keystone with a +2 in it). These keystones ONLY work on the 5 man dungeon that is named on the keystone. When you complete it, the M+ level on the keystone changes and so does the dungeon named on the keystone. There is also a timer to complete. There is no loot drops in an M+ dungeon outside of the chest(s) after the last boss is killed. You get 1-3 chests depending on how fast you cleared it, and if the timer runs out the keystone is depleted and you get no loot. A depleted keystone can be recharged by rerunning that dungeon and beating the timer.

So here's an example of how you might chain run Mythic dungeons:

1. Run the M+0 and beat the timer, get a +2 keystone for Maw of Souls dungeon. let's say everyone is brand new and each member of the group gets a +2 keystone.
    2. Go to the Maw of Souls dungeon, insert the keystone to set it to a M+2 run, beat all the timers and get all 3 chests after killing the last boss, some of which may contain nice loot. Your keystone is also upgraded to Neltharion's Lair +5.
    3. Go to Neltharion's Lair, insert the keysonte to set it to +5, you beat only the last timer so you only get 1 chest. Might have nice loot. Keystone is upgraded to Eye of Azshara +6.
    4. Go to EoA. insert the keystone to set it to M+6. You fail to beat the timer and the keystone is depleted.
    5. Don't bother recharging the keystone because you are in a group chain running M+. Let someone else use their +2 keystone. One of them has a +2 for Eye of Azshara.
    6. Reset EoA and enter, that person inserts his keystone to set it to +2. You beat 2 timers and get 2 chests. Keystone upgraded to Maw of Souls +4.
    7. Go to MoS. Insert key, beat 3 timers, get 3 chests, keystone upgraded to Halls of Valor +7.
    8. Go to HoV. Insert key, beat 1 timer, get 1 chest, keystone upped to NL +8.
    9. Go to NL, beat 1 timer, get MoS +9.
    10. Go to Mos, beat 1 timer get HoV +10. HoV is really hard, So I'd move to the next person's keystone. Let's say they have NL +2
    11. Go to NL, set to +2, beat 2 timers, get 2 chests, keystone upped to HoV +4

I think that's enough to understand what you are doing. Between the 5 of you doing all this, you might collect 4-5 nice pieces of gear. Also, after the weekly reset there will be a special chest with a piece of very nice loot in your guild hall. So you can walk away with 5-6 pieces of nice gear per week with this approach.

If you run out of keystones in your group, you might start looking for other fresh 110s with +2 keystones and keep going. You can jump into ilvl 860 gear bracket in one weekend. And once your up there, it makes everything else easier. It makes raids easier, world daily quests easier, farming easier. etc.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    They are saying here that you will be fine, but you won't if you plan on doing anything remotly competitive like mythic raids or high mythic +.

Actually, if this is your first Legion character you will be hopelessly behind as you can't even buy the 20 Artifact knowledge tomes. Your AK will be accelerated but its still gonna take you a long time to catch up to AK25 everyone is on. I would say you are looking at at least one month before your can complete your 35 point artifact and another month or two before you can catch up with everyone. If 7.2 comes out before then, you will be behind everyone at the start aswell.

So yeah... if you're playing casual LFR and stuff, no problem. Anything high level, strap on for the grind.

Wow very informative Kokolums, definitely PvE focused so that will be really helpful.

Concerning patch 7.2 you mentioned a "mini reset" Siglius? Is there a place I can read more about it or can you elaborate.

Thanks for all the replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Wow very informative Kokolums, definitely PvE focused so that will be really helpful.

Concerning patch 7.2 you mentioned a "mini reset" Siglius? Is there a place I can read more about it or can you elaborate.

Thanks for all the replies!
    Basicly when the patch comes out, everyone gets bumped up to the current max AP, if you got 35 traits. Thats fairly easy to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need something to sink some time into, haven't been keeping up with much but my main concern is catching up with AP...since I have started later in the expansion will I be permanently behind other characters that have been grinding since day one and if so, will it be much of an issue?

Cheers!
    You wanna resub or not? Main question. You wanna play, or not?

As for AP, can be caught up.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I mean unless you are one the types want to max out everything asap, you shouldn't really worry about being behind on AP.

Though for high end content it is gonna be somewhat of a grind to get where you need to be for people to accept you, especially since people prefer to outgear content.

Deleted
    Level five of the class you want to play, do emissaries and LFR with all of them.

Whichever gets the best legendary, play it.

Cheers!
    Do you like grinding endlessly?
    Do you like being gated behind content to do other content to do other content?
    Do you like not being able to raid due to your low item lvl?
    Do you like RNG?
    Do you like pvp that is utterly unbalanced?
    Do you like classes that are so dumb down it isn't funny?
    If you answered yes to the following Join World Of Warcraft Legion NOW!!!.... Otherwise stay away try a FPS or something else.

To Kokolums... I just found out if you do not beat the timer you still get a chest, with loot in it for mythic keystone. So technically if you do a +15 you could get gear each time....

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Agree with this. If you're starting now, you're going to spend months on catch up before you can actually start the fun part of the game. If that's ok with you, great. If not, find another game to play.
    Thats simply not true, obtaining 35 traits doesnt take months.

Deleted

Cheers!
    If you want to do high-level competitive mythic hardcore raiding, you're a bit screwed - until Argus comes out (next patch).
    Other than that, you're just fine and none of it really matter at all.

The questions YOU must answer are:
    1) do you want to play WoW?
    2) can your personal economy manage paying for the monthly sub without problems?

If answer to both is yes, then resub. If answer to either is no, then don't.
    It's not really harder than that.
    You'll get 30 days of game to figure out if you like it or not.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-02-26 at 01:03 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you want to re-sub, then re-sub. Coming in here asking for pointers on this matter is just not going to work as you'll find people hailing a feature in one post, then someone else bitching about the same damn thing in the next. Try it for a month and just re-un-sub if you don't like it.

I would strongly encourage you NOT to hurry up and catch up.

I mean really, whats the point of simply being able to play the hardest difficulties with the noobs who game full time? It's not like they get to do things you can't.

The difference between LFRaid and Mythic Raids = amount of time to kill a boss and coordination required. Boss looks the same either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    I would strongly encourage you NOT to hurry up and catch up.

I mean really, whats the point of simply being able to play the hardest difficulties with the noobs who game full time? It's not like they get to do things you can't.
    because being significantly behind everyone else in terms of ilvl is not really fun for a lot of people. All it means is you are locked out of content in a lot of ways and there is a way to fix that by chain running M+.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    because being significantly behind everyone else in terms of ilvl is not really fun for a lot of people. All it means is you are locked out of content in a lot of ways and there is a way to fix that by chain running M+.
    If you have friends or a guild you won't be locked out of anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    You'll be fine in regards to AP. The catch up is effective and 7.2 provides what looks like a semi-reset.
    "Looks like" don't decieve though If you're not sure.

They said the catch up with 7.1 (Or was It 7.1.5?) was also going to fix everything but It doesn't, sure you can get up to 15 Artifact Knowledge but you pay like 1.5k Order res for that first, and you'd have to grind that Res first so effectively you still spend a ton of time doing the same thing end result wise, but given two different paths but not really.

But I'd say don't even try coming back, I'd say try It for a month and see If the grinding upon grinding Is your thing, If you're a casual It's fine but you'll find no hardcore In WoW anymore, or any challenge whatsoever, everything Is easy, everything Is soloable It's so bad right now.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    "Looks like" don't decieve though If you're not sure.

They said the catch up with 7.1 (Or was It 7.1.5?) was also going to fix everything but It doesn't, sure you can get up to 15 Artifact Knowledge but you pay like 1.5k Order res for that first, and you'd have to grind that Res first so effectively you still spend a ton of time doing the same thing end result wise, but given two different paths but not really.

But I'd say don't even try coming back, I'd say try It for a month and see If the grinding upon grinding Is your thing, If you're a casual It's fine but you'll find no hardcore In WoW anymore, or any challenge whatsoever, everything Is easy, everything Is soloable It's so bad right now.
    Cool link me your 10/10 Mythic and highest Keystone please.