10+ Year Old Account

terrible dps in pvp, need pointers

This is me
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...g/Malok/simple

Like the title says, my dps in pvp is terrible. I am not sure what the problem is either so don't really know where to start looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well right off the bat you don't have that much mastery. Mastery is what's going to make you do alot of bursty damage as arms. First off dps isn't really a thing in PvP like it is in PvE. It's not about tunneling a target and doing your proper rotation until they're dead, there's a lot more things that need to be done. When you're on a target, are you making sure you're pooling enough rage and putting CS on your target before doing your burst? If so, then it's because you don't have enough mastery. Also you don't have that much PvP gear on. Your stat priority in PvP will be Mastery>Versitility>haste=crit.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Your stats don't matter in PvP because there are PvP templates. The best gear in PvP is whatever has the highest item level, because item level gives a % boost to your stats. That's it.

Apart from that, Arms Warriors aren't so much about sustained DPS in PvP. We're about brutal burst, Execute, but more than anything, we play a support role. We're there to protect healers by peeling off attackers with Duel, for instance, or to provide a strong burst window for other players with Pain Train. Our role sort of varies based on the format you're playing, but in general, those are the roles you're looking to fill. We're bulky, we have a lot of neat tools, and we can finish off baddies that our teammates have weakened with our strong burst and Execute.

arms warrior dps in pvp is beyond bad, fury is okayish but still horrible

Deleted
    Arms dps in pvp is great since last reset, BUT it's not a sustained dps, it's about doing a lot of damage at the right time.
    To do that, you need the right build, dauntless, focus rage, anger managment ,pain train and sharpen blade.
    People use mortal combo because they suck with focus rage, not because it's a better talent, it SUCKS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Well right off the bat you don't have that much mastery. Mastery is what's going to make you do alot of bursty damage as arms. First off dps isn't really a thing in PvP like it is in PvE. It's not about tunneling a target and doing your proper rotation until they're dead, there's a lot more things that need to be done. When you're on a target, are you making sure you're pooling enough rage and putting CS on your target before doing your burst? If so, then it's because you don't have enough mastery. Also you don't have that much PvP gear on. Your stat priority in PvP will be Mastery>Versitility>haste=crit.
    THe fuck are you talking about!? Stats in pvp???

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    This is me
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...g/Malok/simple

Like the title says, my dps in pvp is terrible. I am not sure what the problem is either so don't really know where to start looking.
    get a better mog
    everyone knows there is a hidden 5% dps increase for having a good mog

also ive heard and seen that fury is the best for pvp
    want some backup on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

TIL good dps is needed in pvp.. oh wait its legion so it probably is

Have you tried playing fury in pvp? Im always number 1-3 every single BG as fury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    From what I understand instanced PvP use preset templates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dp_gonzales View Post
    Apart from that, Arms Warriors aren't so much about sustained DPS in PvP. We're about brutal burst, Execute, but more than anything, we play a support role. We're there to protect healers by peeling off attackers with Duel, for instance, or to provide a strong burst window for other players with Pain Train. Our role sort of varies based on the format you're playing, but in general, those are the roles you're looking to fill. We're bulky, we have a lot of neat tools, and we can finish off baddies that our teammates have weakened with our strong burst and Execute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizock View Post
    Arms dps in pvp is great since last reset, BUT it's not a sustained dps, it's about doing a lot of damage at the right time.
    To do that, you need the right build, dauntless, focus rage, anger managment ,pain train and sharpen blade.
    People use mortal combo because they suck with focus rage, not because it's a better talent, it SUCKS.
    I understand that Arms will never compete with Fury in terms of pure DPS. What I'm noticing is just a low DPS count in general and difficulty killing much of anything especially healers.

I've switched some talents around since then and notice an improved performance. I am not topping DPS charts in BGs, which I know comes with the spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Have you tried playing fury in pvp? Im always number 1-3 every single BG as fury.
    I haven't done PvP with Fury but I have with PvE. The DPS difference is noticeable and much easier to achieve compared to Arms.

Remember, we're not really the guys who kill healers. We're the guys who kill the guy killing our healer.

Remember, we're not really the guys who kill healers. We're the guys who kill the guy killing our healer.
    Lmao except we do the worst damage in PVP as Arms O.o

Which is why we are support as I already said? Do you read threads before you post in them?

Which is why we are support as I already said? Do you read threads before you post in them?
    there is no such thing, and i have quite a few rank ones

arms is simply dead, disgustingly

You have to plAy FR love style. A triple FR MS with PvP 's buff and your other buffs wrecks.