Page 1 of 3
LastLast

4.3 million HP DPS, Gear MATTERS!

As I go into a BG 4.3 million HP on a DK caught my eye and what shocked me was that it was a Frost DK! I examined ofc and its a raider with set bonus and had gear from 89x to 922.

Now we all love the the idea of raiders getting all the cool toys since they put in the effort, but then I wondered how exactly are new players going to cope? Not even that, players with 8xx item level are at +2million HP .. The gap has gotten now to over a million HP on DPS specs .. Damage wise these players are raid bosses to the majority of casuals in BG's or players who play alts and new toons ..

Soon players will be near 1000 item level .. What then?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    As I go into a BG 4.3 million HP on a DK caught my eye and what shocked me was that it was a Frost DK! I examined ofc and its a raider with set bonus and had gear from 89x to 922.
    Uh when you go into a BG your gear is scaled down, gear does very little, only a couple of % Upgrade.

He's not going in there with super raider gear much stronger than all.

I'm at 9% increase in stats at 896 on my demon hunter and I have 3.3 million in BGs. Find it hard to believe a frost dk had 4.3 million dps, even if he did have 910-920 equipped.

Deleted
    Probaly AV hp buff, show us a screenshot

I'm at 3,58mio with Reinforced Armor as Unholy dk and itemlevel 897.

So i'm going to assume he had the fest of ribs buff and/or the power word: fortitude buff, also you only get the mainstat and stamina increase every full 10 itemleves so being 890 or 899 has no effect. So at most he had an 11% increase.
    Pity Heal
    Unlimited range
    Channeled
    Baron Ashbury has pity on you, but only so he can continue inflicting pain! Heals all nearby enemies and allies for 5% health every 1 sec.
    Spellid 93705

Sorry I forgot to take a screen shot but the guy was decked out in Mythic raid gear ..

Only ilvl matters(and not a lot), set bonuses are disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

Now we all love the the idea of raiders getting all the cool toys since they put in the effort, but then I wondered how exactly are new players going to cope? Not even that, players with 8xx item level are at +2million HP .. The gap has gotten now to over a million HP on DPS specs .. Damage wise these players are raid bosses to the majority of casuals in BG's or players who play alts and new toons ..

Soon players will be near 1000 item level .. What then?
    Maybe by then people will realise how the item level to template scaling works. You don't get +2m HP from gear in instanced PvP.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Really the only dps class with far higher-then-average hp is Fury warrior (currently looking at one on armory 4.8mill hp), but even so I think the templates still reduce it compared to how it's in world pvp.

Even at 920 equipped you get 11% maximum increase over someone at 800.

Artifact points do matter I believe but I dunno if the stamina increase counts over AP35 in BGs.

Mind you, there is a 10% stamina food buff.

And disc priests have a 20% maximum health honor talent they can put on others.

Frost DK have a 10% health honor talent.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-26 at 03:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Uh when you go into a BG your gear is scaled down, gear does very little, only a couple of % Upgrade.

He's not going in there with super raider gear much stronger than all.
    I'm pretty sure its around 10% or so bonus stats in instanced PvP at 910%.

OP, its not that gear matters - Its Artifact Lvl matters. Gotta make sure to get to 34 asap - Is blizz allowing 54 in PvP now? If so, theres another bit. Theres also the Reinforced Armor talent most dps have, which brings them another 10%. So, yea - Theres close to a 50% health difference between a new, fresh 110, and a 910 ilvl 110 with 54 artifacts and prestige 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Not-news-at-11: Gear matters exactly as much as it used to. (The difference between trivially-obtainable (didnt even have to PvP) Honor gear and CQ gear was 9.4%).....

And then on top of that, you have The Artifact. Every trait is .75% stamina. While the paragon talent (35) is not, itself, active in PvP, the extra stamina gains from 35+ still count.

And en, on top of all THAT horseshit...

Honor Talents.

You got lied to, kids.

I am at 4.3 mil as a frost DK with 900 ilvl and some sort of stam buff. It is reachable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    I am at 4.3 mil as a frost DK with 900 ilvl and some sort of stam buff. It is reachable now.
    Irony here is that tanks have less HP.... and dont have any better mitigation in (instanced) PvP (in fact, its often worse).

Figure that shit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Irony here is that tanks have less HP.... and dont have any better mitigation in (instanced) PvP (in fact, its often worse).

Figure that shit out.
    Yeah, depending on CDs I can take on more than one for a long time. Frost is very tanky, and we have eaten stam nerfs in the pvp template.

Not-news-at-11: Gear matters exactly as much as it used to. (The difference between trivially-obtainable (didnt even have to PvP) Honor gear and CQ gear was 9.4%).....

And then on top of that, you have The Artifact. Every trait is .75% stamina. While the paragon talent (35) is not, itself, active in PvP, the extra stamina gains from 35+ still count.

And en, on top of all THAT horseshit...

Honor Talents.

You got lied to, kids.
    The extra stamina, is not a thing. Stop bsing. My 902 54 trait MM hunter has 2.7M hp in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The extra stamina, is not a thing. Stop bsing. My 902 54 trait MM hunter has 2.7M hp in pvp.
    Uh, yes it is. There are even blue posts about it.

I just unlocked trait 35 on my marksman weapon (on a BM primary hunter). So... you'd have 20 x.75% more stamina than me... exactly 15%.

Just swapped to MM, dropped into a Random BG...

Whattya know....

at ~885, im rocking 2.22 million.

Huh.

Given difference in iLevel .... dead on the math.

Weird.

Swap to BM (with 54 traits).... oh look... 2.82m. Weird. (a little more stam on the BM template for whatever reason).

7+ Year Old Account

Figure that shit out.
    It is wierd, that some tanks have less hp then dps, but they do have alot more CC/debuffs/buffs to compensate.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    It is wierd, that some tanks have less hp then dps, but they do have alot more CC/debuffs/buffs to compensate.
    I play a DK. As Frost, i have more HP and am two or three times as survivable in instanced PvP compared to Blood. Blood has less of all of those things.

One stun, long cooldown. Weak snare on runic power builder. One interrupt, medium cooldown. Thats really it. 1.2 million less HP though. And less mitigation.

dumb as hell.

7+ Year Old Account
    I play a DK. As Frost, i have more HP and am two or three times as survivable in instanced PvP compared to Blood. Blood has less of all of those things.

One stun, long cooldown. Weak snare on runic power builder. One interrupt, medium cooldown. Thats really it. 1.2 million less HP though. And less mitigation.

dumb as hell.
    And i was here thinking, that Blood DKs was all about healing, but it seems like that does not matter
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    And i was here thinking, that Blood DKs was all about healing, but it seems like that does not matter
    All the self healing we do (and the abosrb generated by Deathstrike) are heavily reduced in PvP. like half or more.

I'd love to give you actual numbers, but Blizzard is too incompetent to list that information anywhere in-game. But yeah, its really hillarious how un-tanky Blood is in PvP. And its not like the damage is high to compensate. It sucks too.

Now, wPvP.. different story. I can tank 3-4 dudes at once. And kill them all. That's equally stupid, IMO.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2017-02-27 at 04:05 AM.