Thread: 110-120

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Was it? I played it regularly 8+ hours a day and I never felt like it was a grind
    Nice meme. So spicy.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by meganite View Post
    What's next? Give me a scenario. You're lvl 1 again in a new xp with NO memories. What's going on?
    Well, I have no WoW memories at all - then I'd not know what I'd lost

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by twils55 View Post
    What is the Samsung of mmos then? I'm sure others compete or make available an alternative to wow.
    Final Fantasy was in the 5-6 million range last I could find.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I wake up back to reality where everything is fine.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Then I wake up from that horrible nightmare that was the vanilla grindfest.
    WoW was your first MMO, eh?

Enter that portal. You're stripped. No G. No gear. No mog. No mounts. Back to basics where an 8 slot bag was something to brag about and you were too scared to enter into barrens chat.
    What's next? Give me a scenario. You're lvl 1 again in a new xp with NO memories. What's going on?
    What is 'No G' and 'No mog'?

What's next? Well, I'd quit. I love rolling new alts from level 1, but if I would lose my main and high level alts, I'd quit. I've build them for 12 years, I'm not doing that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    All my transmog and mounts gone?

Unsubscribe and uninstall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    unsub and play a game that listens to its players like old school runescape.

oh wait i did that on august 30th 2016.
    OMG you're so strong and resolute!

Yeah, 12 years of progress goes to rubbish bin.

I bet that ~50% would cancel their subscription, if not more.

Enter that portal. You're stripped. No G. No gear. No mog. No mounts. Back to basics where an 8 slot bag was something to brag about and you were too scared to enter into barrens chat.
    No memories? Well, I guess I'd enjoy the game. Everything would be new and interesting, I'd not remember how to play so I'd have to learn again, no? Though I was never scared of the barrens chat, I just did not care about it, would take precious time to type, time better used on playing the game :P

Why are people so aggressive about vanilla experience? Everyone to their own... So what if you grinded 20 hours a day? It doesn't diminish someone else feeling that 6h/day was a grindfest.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Until they created the WoW token I would have been fine with a gold reset each expansion. Not sure what currency or reward to turn it into - maybe a tiered thing like mounts plus a transmog set depending on how much you made account wide.

Now that they have the token though, no. I'm keeping my gold, it's easier for me to spend time on WoW than money at this point in my life.

As for the rest. No thanks. WoW is a game constantly changing and evolving, it's the only thing really keeping it fresh and keeping me from truly being bored. And vanilla I stalled out in Tanaris at level 40 something and have no desire to repeat that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really get the thread. But if they would reset everything the game would instantly die. I didn't play this long to build my Rogue with everything I have to get it removed. Same if I got banned for some reason, not that I would ever cheat or buy gold etc, but still, my main is the reason I play. The game isn't good enough to start over and I don't know how new players can even start this, with Legion being so bad. I guess Nostalgia keeps me going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    OMG you're so strong and resolute!
    thanks TJ, appreciate it mate. just being true to myself.

Enter that portal. You're stripped. No G. No gear. No mog. No mounts. Back to basics where an 8 slot bag
    F**K that with all the capital letters in the world. Why do you think removing all the mounts, transmog and basically everything else we worked hard to acquire is somehow a good idea? Here's a hint: it isn't.

What's next? Give me a scenario.
    Blizzard closes all WoW servers because of the massive exodus from all their WoW servers, leaving @meganite all by his/her lonesome.

and i uninstal game

I raided a lot in vanilla and I don't remember any grind, except maybe components for fire resistance potion for Ragnaros.

And don't tell me about factions reputation. They were some end game enchants but you just needed one enchanter with the recipe in the guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Then I wake up from that horrible nightmare that was the vanilla grindfest.
    I liked that grindfest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    thanks TJ, appreciate it mate. just being true to myself.
    It's important not to lose sight of what really is ahead of us. You're an inspiration to us all.

7+ Year Old Account
    They won't ever do that, and you know It.

Go and play on this certain unnamed WoW Vanilla private server - you know which one, wink nudge. That's the good old experience right there. Blizz will never do that kind of thing In current WoW, and If they do I can't imagine how they'd make It work since they've gathered so much casuals since Cataclysm and people with a different mindset than that one which we got used to.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?