Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    I really like it when people are honest.

It is better to be honest and then improve upon that instead of lying, pretending to know what you are doing and then mess it up by your own incompetence.
    I'm pretty sure Trump ran his entire campaign on pretending to know what to do and is now messing things up based on his incompetence.

Also, "nobody new healthcare could be so complicated?" Really? Nobody? This is tantamount to saying "this person needs to have their kidney removed!" cutting open their stomach, and then saying "well, nobody knew how complicated the human body could be!" as they die because you didn't know what you were doing.

People need to stop making excuses for Trump's failings.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-02-28 at 12:17 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    so you are saying make the entire 1-2 trillion dollar industry non profit, easily, licky split?

cut all that profit, all those cost, all those jobs.

hmmm sounds easy, i mean hell whats a 30% drop in the stock market overnight because of your easy answer.
    Seems fitting for healthcare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Is this also a good sign?
    "At least he isn't rushing into it like a rabid and rampaging bull" is now the standard by which Presidential actions are judged in Trump's America.

Or, to paraphrase Daniel Patrick Moynihan, that old racist bastard, we've begun to the exercise of "defining dumbassery down."
    Last edited by Slybak; 2017-02-28 at 12:25 AM.

grammar and vocabulary capability of this guy is laughable at best. fucking disgrace.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is very complicated when you are trying to give people the right to life and still line all of the pockets of your buddies.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...except ya know, everyone.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Almost spit out my coffee, all over my laptop, when I first saw that headline at work this morning. Thought to myself: gotta be click bait, right? ...Nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And the dumber keep getting dumber. Cheeto is just such a complete moron - I still do not understand the perspective of anyone who continues to back him at this point. How could anyone NOT understand that healthcare is complicated.

im a moron, could you elaborate on the complexity some for me? in your own words

- - - Updated - - -

It is better to be honest and then improve upon that instead of lying, pretending to know what you are doing and then mess it up by your own incompetence.
    The first step is always to admit your mistake.

If you start on a lie you have already lost.

So all signs are good

an unbiased, optimistic post. thanks bud

Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    im a moron, could you elaborate on the complexity some for me? in your own words
    I'll forward you the bookshelf-worth of documents and booklets and so on I've received about my healthcare. Something in there is probably complex, but I haven't read any of it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    so you are saying make the entire 1-2 trillion dollar industry non profit, easily, licky split?

cut all that profit, all those cost, all those jobs.

hmmm sounds easy, i mean hell whats a 30% drop in the stock market overnight because of your easy answer.
    That healthcare is a profit industry is one of the core problems. Arguably *the* core problem.

As for job loss? No one seems to give a shit when it's automation taking over. No longer needed insurance employees can just "find something else to do".

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Notice that CNN stated he later added the "nobody knew....". That was part of another sentence. More likely than not that sentence was taken out of context and then placed beside the other just to give the other a little more merit. He did not state those two sentences in a row. CNN manipulated the way he stated what he said about ACA.
    Now, I don't know what he stated exactly. But, more likely than not CNN is making more of it than it should be. We can't trust MSM 100%. They don't serve our interests. They only serve theirs.
    There's a video of him saying it VERBATIM. Let me ask you, with all sincerity, what the actual fuck is wrong with you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody except everybody. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    That healthcare is a profit industry is one of the core problems. Arguably *the* core problem.

As for job loss? No one seems to give a shit when it's automation taking over. No longer needed insurance employees can just "find something else to do".
    Removing profit doesn't necessarily mean many fewer jobs anyway, at least not at the "working class" level.

10+ Year Old Account

thats is fucking IMPRESSIVE!!!!

taking office on Jan 20 only 5 weeks later he figured out what all these other guys couldn't.. they made it too fucking complicated.

seriously, im an uneducated moron, did people not see this before and speak up? sounds like a good place to start

simplifying this sounds like win win for all of us
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2017-02-28 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    There's a video of him saying it VERBATIM. Let me ask you, with all sincerity, what the actual fuck is wrong with you?
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-budget-video

Here, because why not.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats is fucking IMPRESSIVE!!!!

taking office on Jan 20 only 5 weeks later he figured out what all these other guys couldn't.. they made it too fucking complicated.

simplifying this sounds like win win for all of us
    Man, if only someone had thought about simplifying healthcare sooner!

Here's a little enlightenment for you; healthcare is complicated by virtue of it being healthcare. Let me walk you through the average patient admissions process:

- A patient comes in and has to have their personal information taken by the registrar (all of which needs to be filed correctly for speedy indexing) and then given an appointment with a physician (a physician who needs to be certified, paid, and insured against malpractice).
    - The patient's statistics have to be taken, all of which needs to be filed correctly, usually done by an RN or some other lower rank position (who also needs to be certified, paid, etc.)
    - The physician has to diagnose the patient, which then needs to be assigned an ICD code in order to make sure said diagnosis is accurately recorded and can be retrieved easily for purposes of further treatment.
    - Prescriptions need to be written, then sent to a pharmacy, then dispensed.

And all of this has to be done in compliance with a large number of regulations concerning patient privacy, practicioner liability, etc.: chief of which being HIPAA. Add insurance on top of that to pay for all this junk, and you have an extremely byzantine system by no other fault other than the fact it involves treating at least three hundred and twenty million people for a huge variety of conditions.

And before you screech 'but duh regulations', they're in place to protect patients first and foremost. They aren't made up for shits and giggles.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Man, if only someone had thought about simplifying healthcare sooner!

Here's a little enlightenment for you; healthcare is complicated by virtue of it being healthcare. Let me walk you through the average patient admissions process:

- A patient comes in and has to have their personal information taken by the registrar (all of which needs to be filed correctly for speedy indexing) and then given an appointment with a physician (a physician who needs to be certified, paid, and insured against malpractice).
    - The patient's statistics have to be taken, all of which needs to be filed correctly, usually done by an RN or some other lower rank position (who also needs to be certified, paid, etc.)
    - The physician has to diagnose the patient, which then needs to be assigned an ICD code in order to make sure said diagnosis is accurately recorded and can be retrieved easily for purposes of further treatment.
    - Prescriptions need to be written, then sent to a pharmacy, then dispensed.

And all of this has to be done in compliance with a large number of regulations concerning patient privacy, practicioner liability, etc.: chief of which being HIPAA. Add insurance on top of that to pay for all this junk, and you have an extremely byzantine system by no other fault other than the fact it involves treating at least three hundred and twenty million people for a huge variety of conditions.

And before you screech 'but duh regulations', they're in place to protect patients first and foremost. They aren't made up for shits and giggles.
    so there is nothing we can do and were fucked?

they way you make it sound is like everyone goes to the ER for a check up

10+ Year Old Account
    so there is nothing we can do and were fucked?

they way you make it sound is like everyone goes to the ER for a check up
    What I described is what happens at your average health clinic for your GP. ER work is vastly more complicated than that due to issues related to triage and liability reasons.

And no, there is something we can do.

It's called axe-murdering the private insurance sector and putting everyone on a single payer plan. A lot of the bureaucracy, waste, and slow-downs come from the fact that any one clinic has to deal with shitsquillion insurance providers all with varying plans and coverage ranges.

10+ Year Old Account

He hasn't stopped doing this as well!!!