Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Why the need for RNG here, Blizzard, why?
    cause blizzard has a required religion
    chris-chasity
    they praise rng-jesus, and his lesser gods (like yog sarron from the realm of hearthitikus-stoneakus) by sacrificing children, rolling a dice with a child inside, and depending on what number shows, they stab the child that many times
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-28 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It's a terrible expansion that they have tried to hide behind grinds.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably that they could fool people into thinking Legion actually has content, when in fact its just pointless grind after pointless grind.
    Legion doesn't have content? Seriously? Get the fuck out of here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Mmmmm just wow.

Looking forward to my sub running out in two days.

This is feeling like a f2p MMO that you have to spend $15 a month for.
    I seem to recall you and others who whine incesantly about Blizzard store mounts saying you would rather have them be available in game without having to spend cash and that Blizzard could make them really hard to get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you (or to the poster you quoted) that if complaints seem mutually exclusive, maybe they are voiced by different people?
    That is all well and good except for the fact the majority of people in this thread having a meltdown over a recolored mount being hard to get have actually repeatedly flipped their shit whenever Blizzard introduced recolored mounts that are easy to get.

In most rational constructive discussions you would be right that different people have different opinions but on these forums complaining about contradictory things is a tried and true method haters use to always have fodder to bitch about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    The problem here is that they add more RNG into an expansion already filled with it. THAT is what pisses people off. It shows that they will not back down on their RNGified design after such heavyweight complaints by people. They are RNGifying the whole game to the point of us becoming the Withered who are used to there not being any rewards, just a chance at a reward.
    You whiners have a very inflated sense of how much more important your views on the game are over everyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Absolutely fucking terrible, they should just be exalted rewards from the vendors.
    Guys, what a lot of people here fail to understand is that you need to provide feedback to them, if you are unhappy about something.

I don't care because I won't grind anything. I'll just switch to my alts - that's how I play the game.

But when I feel like it's not what I want, I tell them - Tweet, go on official forums, be constructive rather than raging.

PSA: this is not an official Blizzard forum!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Why,

Why do the devs insist on being irrational imbeciles who continue to build on the problems they created.

Why won't they just admit RNG to this extend is just an awful idea and stop this parade of idiocy instead of constantly adding more RNG on top of RNG.
    Not defending devs (God no!), but how are they irrational here?

They are very rational.

More RNG creates (some) rage, but majority of players get a new incentive to stay in the game.

BOOM SHAKALAKA, goal reached, Ion & Co get a well deserved annual bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    What do you suggest then - just sitting idle and not voicing any opinions at all? Just go with the flow regardless of what Blizz throws at you? Or are you complaining about complaining

- - - Updated - - -

No, I don't find it funny/annoying. It is bound to happen as long as anyone can post freely.
    He didn't say people can't complain he simply pointed out they complain about contradictory things all the time. That isn't "complaining about complaining" it is simply a statement of fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    So this is why they don't have mounts @ Exalted anymore.

LoL I truly feel sorry for anyone still subbed to this game. Just another way for the pathetically lazy devs on WoW to cut corners on content design.
    How are they cutting corners here? How is slapping a few mounts at exalted on a few vendors less work than creating an entirely new system that allows you to continue farming to get certain loot from factions you are exalted with?

Lazy would be never implementing new systems or new ways of obtaining things in game which just isn't the case here.

There is a case to be made that this is bad game design and while I don't agree that is a far, far, far more compelling argument than "hurr durr actibli$$ is r lazy".

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Why on earth should you be guaranteed a mount?
    It's not about being guaranteed a mount. It's about getting 42k rep to start with (exalted) then another 20k multiple times and not being able to purchase it outright. Secondly there is nothing wrong with fail safes of some sort.

Wanting it to be a guaranteed mount is saying either A) After 20k initial rep you get mount first try no matter what or B) Hitting exalted and say mail me the mount. You are still putting in the work with my example and if it was 10 tokens (1 per chest you didn't get a mount) that's still an additional 200k rep you would have to get. Which is the equivalent of going from Neutral to exalted 4.75 times, in addition to the original first time to activate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    I feel like the chance will be similar to that of the fox mount in the Suramar caches previously, which was low but not horrendously low that it didn't take too long for most to get.
    If you was the lucky bastard and it "didn't take you too long" to get your fox, that does not mean it was the same for everyone. I know a shitton of people who haven't got their fox despite not missing a single chance since the start of legion. RNG yay, so much fun (not).

Also, that crap 'bout gear being character progression... Seriously guys, you can do better than that. Gear is as much character progression as # of lvl25 battle pets. In other words: if you progress through gaining ilvl, that's completely fine. For you. Why you deny other people their forms of their character's progression is beyond me. I guess this is the famous GC's post-wotlk wow generation, AKA "hurr durr you don't even dare not playing the game like we the blizzard overlords said!"
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    If you was the lucky bastard and it "didn't take you too long" to get your fox, that does not mean it was the same for everyone. I know a shitton of people who haven't got their fox despite not missing a single chance since the start of legion. RNG yay, so much fun (not).

Also, that crap 'bout gear being character progression... Seriously guys, you can do better than that. Gear is as much character progression as # of lvl25 battle pets. In other words: if you progress through gaining ilvl, that's completely fine. For you. Why you deny other people their forms of their character's progression is beyond me. I guess this is the famous GC's post-wotlk wow generation, AKA "hurr durr you don't even dare not playing the game like we the blizzard overlords said!"
    You can play however you like that's more than fine - I know people that're casual and just play this game collect mounts and level. However having RNG associated with mounts isn't exactly a new addition to the game unless I'm mistaken? Usually mounts are drop rates are ~1% or gated behind long world or raid achievements / end bosses.
    Last edited by Yunaqt; 2017-03-01 at 09:59 AM. Reason: cleaned text, sprawled before raid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's not about being guaranteed a mount. It's about getting 42k rep to start with (exalted) then another 20k multiple times and not being able to purchase it outright. Secondly there is nothing wrong with fail safes of some sort.

Wanting it to be a guaranteed mount is saying either A) After 20k initial rep you get mount first try no matter what or B) Hitting exalted and say mail me the mount. You are still putting in the work with my example and if it was 10 tokens (1 per chest you didn't get a mount) that's still an additional 200k rep you would have to get. Which is the equivalent of going from Neutral to exalted 4.75 times, in addition to the original first time to activate it.
    And what exactly is your point, considering we've established that these aren't the usual rep mounts, and considering how unless you did not complete emissary quests for the past few months at all you're already at exalted?

- - - Updated - - -

Look, the end game is killing the last boss. That's the end game. Gear progresses your character towards that point. If you set up an arbitrary goal for your character to reach, no problem that's fine. But mounts are mounts and some of them are total rng drops. Have been for ages. So what are you going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    So what are you going to do?
    Will continue playing TESO? Sorry, I won't waste my time grinding for RNG chance. Imagine having to regrind ICC reputation to exalted each time you want to farm Invincible - that's exactly what failzzard are trying to implement here. I have no grudge towards, say, having mounts unlocked at some levels of paragon, but gaining random mount with random chance from a box? Nope.
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-03-01 at 09:49 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    It was a tongue in cheek jab at Blizzard because I know they won't add maid costumes in WoW. Jesus fucking christ.....

Also, you leave my catgirl ninja alone!

This is so fucking creepy. What is it about these weebos putting children in skimpy clothing?!?

Deleted
    Will continue playing TESO? Sorry, I won't waste my time grinding for RNG chance. Imagine having to regrind ICC reputation to exalted each time you want to farm Invincible - that's exactly what failzzard are trying to implement here. I have no grudge towards, say, having mounts unlocked at some levels of paragon, but gaining random mount with random chance from a box? Nope.
    Gaining random mount from a box is pretty much what all 1% drop mounts used to do. This is a similar system soooo yeah? These aren't rep mounts the way they used to be. These are a bit more exclusive let's say. Similar to fox, swift zuliani tiger and the likes. How's that an issue and of it is, we're other 1% drop mounts an issue to you?

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    There is no need for the mounts, they do not provide any benefit to you as a player if you get them. Nothing wrong with RNG here, complaining about literally everything needs to stop.
    Storm in a bottle - 99% of the complainers will still go on doing the Emissary Quests and eventually end up with some of the mounts. Like always.

But the Outrage about it is really amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    This is so fucking creepy. What is it about these weebos putting children in skimpy clothing?!?
    Its not really that creepy at all.

Technically she's not a child, two I love lolis so get over it, I love dressing my characters in cute shit cause its fun and entertaining.

Also, that is the official promotion ninja garb you got for leveling the character by a certain time.

Also, I love it when people misuse the weeb term, especially when its not a Japanese game and the last time I was hardcore weeb was 15 years ago.

I can post some really creepy shit if you want.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    Creepy indeed.

Deleted
    Its not really that creepy at all.

Technically she's not a child, two I love lolis so get over it, I love dressing my characters in cute shit cause its fun and entertaining.

Also, that is the official promotion ninja garb you got for leveling the character by a certain time.

Also, I love it when people misuse the weeb term, especially when its not a Japanese game and the last time I was hardcore weeb was 15 years ago.

I can post some really creepy shit if you want.
    Just dismiss those trolls.

LOVE rng.

finally got my spriest's hidden artifact after at least 1 kill per week since I was able to do Il'gynoth.

Now it's time to do the 100 dungeons, 200 WQ and 1k player kills....that I've already done during the time I've waited for this freaking drop...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    No, its fun messing with them and I actually just sent him a PM full of more pervy screenshots I've taken over the years.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Not trolling, it's legit borderline pedo.

- - - Updated - - -

No, its fun messing with them and I actually just sent him a PM full of more pervy screenshots I've taken over the years.
    Since when did dressing children in skimpy clothing become acceptable in America...

Deleted
    Sexualizing children like figures is disturbing. Bunch of creeps.

Ok I get the endless grind allows for people to keep hitting the dead horse while it's dead. That's what transmog is for but seriously... If they wanted this route why not just copy what they did with the whole friend thing they did in Mists? Ok, it's not perfect but it gives that same drive they are after with an actual end and reward without having to do a lot of work for apparent chance... I am a mount collector but even this baffles me at the amount needed to just have a chance. Ideally we don't know how quickly you can chew through the rep but yeah... After years of various rep grinds to get mounts or toys or pets, getting to 20,000 still took time. Other reps more than others granted but yeah... that sounds worse then a weekly lockout for mount drops in RNG.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-03-01 at 11:30 AM.