+ 21

Reddit has been recommending me great JRPGs to play - Persona, Ys series, the Legend of Heroes, Ni No Kuni, Atelier Dusk - but they are all console games! *clenches fist*

Steam needs to get ports of these like they did with FFXIII (which was actually pretty good all things considered, even if though it had glaring flaws like a lack of world exploration).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ys is on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Ys is on steam.
    I was about to say that, til I read your post.

One of the atelier games is on steam too, but I haven't played any of those games.

Ni No Kuni is a sweet game though. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

+22
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

+ 19

I've been considering buying a PS4 for Persona 5...

The description my cousin gave me of the persona games always put me off. They sounded like a high school simulator game. So far his description has prevented me from being interested at all.

+20
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

PS4 exclusives are so much hype!

Console gaming is living its golden age

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The description my cousin gave me of the persona games always put me off. They sounded like a high school simulator game. So far his description has prevented me from being interested at all.
    It's a "high school simulator game" in the sense that you occasionally are at a school, and you build relationships. Other than that, not really... I'd sell it as "Go to school on the morning, build relationships in the afternoon, kill enemies by shooting yourself in the head with a pistol at night". The biggest draw for me are the characters - woman in a male-dominated field, macho-man that is confused about his sexuality, a teacher you play a dying MMO with, a teddy bear that makes dumb puns, a character that doesn't want to follow in their parent's footsteps (profession), etc.

If you're not into JRPGs, sure, don't bother. Otherwise, it's one of those special franchises. To me at least, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riri View Post
    PS4 exclusives are so much hype!

Console gaming is living its golden age

Ew.
    Exclusive titles are stupid and we need to get past that bullshit. The only thing that does is set us back. We need to be focusing on cross platform gaming imo.

+ 21

Oh Valy, just noticed you have Pepe in your sig <3

+ 24

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    Oh Valy, just noticed you have Pepe in your sig <3
    My favorite WoW pet/critter/friend! He was actually my only motivation for completing the slog that was the WoD raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post

Ew.
    Exclusive titles are stupid and we need to get past that bullshit. The only thing that does is set us back. We need to be focusing on cross platform gaming imo.
    This. Console exclusives don't make me more likely to buy a console than they are to simply alienate me all together. Nintendo is the only exception, and with good reason: their platforms are developed for their in house games, as opposed to say the Playstation or Xbox which are designed to play games in general at an affordable price, with only a few console exclusives.

Definitely the best pet.

https://imgur.com/gallery/IO87g

+ 25

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    This. Console exclusives don't make me more likely to buy a console than they are to simply alienate me all together. Nintendo is the only exception, and with good reason: their platforms are developed for their in house games, as opposed to say the Playstation or Xbox which are designed to play games in general at an affordable price, with only a few console exclusives.
    While I do feel the same, I'm considering buying a PS4 Pro for games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Bloodborne, Gravity Rush (2), NieR: Automata, Ni No Kuni II, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Uncharted, Last of Us (2), God of War. Maybe even Knack
    Oh wow... didn't know the list was going to be this long :/

- - - Updated - - -

*** Forgot about Last Guardian.

+ 22

My list is just Persona 5, The Last of Us, FF15.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post

Ew.
    Doesn't change the fact that this generation's exclusive titles are quite amazing