Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I wonder how many of those would be needed to counter. Would need to know how many times one can fire and reload artillery, in the time it takes to load one of those 20 rocket launchers, then multiply that difference by 500. I think it would be an absurd number of those launchers they'd need.
    NK has over 5000 artillery pieces 122mm and greater. Rate of fire depends on the system, but figure most of them can fire at least 5 rounds a minute for a few minutes before slacking off and/or suffering from counter-battery fire. So that is a possible 25,000+ rounds per minute for, say, 10 minutes. Thats 250,000 rounds. Granted, not nearly that many guns would actually be in place and firing, but it does show the numbers nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Not one. 10,000 of those.

Armed with this.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...VX+nerve+agent
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=mustard+gas
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sarin+gas

And by the way, the main gun on the US M109 Paladin Self Propelled artillery, is a 155 mm Howitzer, a modified version of the same gun used by the US Army since Vietnam, that traces it's roots back to 1942. Lots of guns like these, ranging from 105mm upwards, basically destroyed Europe.

Oh and in 20th century warfare, more troops died to artillery than from firearms, bombing or armored fighting.
    Artillery is know as The King of the Battlefield for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    And you dont think that can be accurately fired and level your entire house and wipe you from existence why? I could still kill someone with a gun made in ww2 as i could with one made today.
    Some of the best guns ARE from around that period.

M14 Rifle, 1954.

M14 Rifle, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    You know, the South Koreans have had over 60 years to consider maybe rebuilding their capital in a safer place. I mean, I understand that it might be silly to discount proven weapons technology just because it's old, but come on, the big existential threat posed by North Korea is this?

The thing is, stuff is just as deadly now, as it was back then. We humans are just as physically frail as 2000 years ago. Swords and arrows are just as deadly as back then. So are bullets, bombs, artillery and nukes (even that is old technology now). We humans haven't developed natural resistance to any of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Hillary wanted a moronic war in Syria over Aleppo that could have led to WW3 over something as meaningless as supporting the rebels.
    Oh, so a military strike on a country (still) supported by China would end up with tea and medals by the afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by yetgdhfgh View Post
    Well i guess being alive was overated anyway

Its not North Korea that scares me its FUCKING CHINA!!
    I am neither scared by North Korea nor China.
    Only by US imperial global strategy. With the new president more now than before.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Neither NATO nor EU would get involved as the USA would have attacked Russia first and not the opposite. The article 5 is enabled only if an ally gets attacked. In Syria's case its USA who is the aggressor
    So, you are sugesting the US attack first... on Syrian soil?... where theres no Russian troops? Or you mean some sort of aircraft battle? This all sounds incredibly unlikely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Hillary wanted a moronic war in Syria over Aleppo that could have led to WW3 over something as meaningless as supporting the rebels.

North Korea in comparison IS a threat. It's an existential threat to South Korea, to Japan and given China's stance on it: To Taiwan. Consideration of options is not pushing for war...but it seems there's no diplomacy that can be had with the North.
    Stop calling al qaida for "rebels"

North Korea isn't a threat to China n Russia so clearly Japan is doing something wrong
    Last edited by mmocf1aa149946; 2017-03-02 at 10:15 AM.

You have probably talked about this already so sorry if you have to repeat yourselves.

I was wondering how far inland their artillery can wreak havoc?

If they released all their artillery what kind of devastation could they make?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    I am neither scared by North Korea nor China.
    Only by US imperial global strategy. With the new president more now than before.
    2020 says "2016, Hold My Beer"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    False news, becomes pretty boring now guys.

Last month it was Iran Trump had moved the US forces to Iran last time and it was BS.

And because they have nukes nobody will attack them till they use one on another country.
    Wow! I guess it was obvious, but i'm still surprised guys like you exist.

None of it is fake news. The news were the missile that NK fired on the sea. That is very true news.

The rest was presented as speculation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thomolithic View Post
    Oh, so a military strike on a country (still) supported by China would end up with tea and medals by the afternoon?
    No. It would end in millions of people dead, escalate tensions between the US and China and destroy the stability of Asia.

But it's likely inevitable at this stage. North Korea is not a rational actor.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Stop calling al qaida for "rebels"
    Would you prefer "opposition forces" or "the non-state actors"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Would you prefer "opposition forces" or "the non-state actors"?
    U support a qaida, Kell?

2020 says "2016, Hold My Beer"
    I am already depressed and you ain't making it any better...
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yes! Of course it would.

How do you sugest they would wage war with the US? Go through all of europe and NATO first?
    You think NATO will do anything, lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    You have probably talked about this already so sorry if you have to repeat yourselves.

I was wondering how far inland their artillery can wreak havoc?

If they released all their artillery what kind of devastation could they make?
    North Korean artillery is rocket assisted and has a 40 mile range. That is not a coincidence. Seoul is 35 miles from the border.

As for what is in them, it can vary from explosive to nerve gas (VX), to blistering agent (mustard gas), to who knows what else.

Beyond artillery, North Korea has many types of ballistic missiles that would carry much of the same thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Retreat from the capital? Lol You just lost the war, congratulations.
    It's not an invasion...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    You think NATO will do anything, lol....
    I think the Russians will have a tough time moving into the US without allies. It's a freaking half a globe away and theres all kinds of bureocracy and resources necessary to mount such an operation. Negotiations would have to be made for safe transit or more wars would have to be fought. All this cause of Syria?! I think not.
    Unlike the current US president, Puttin isn't stupid. He will just find another way to retaliate.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-03-02 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    I am already depressed and you ain't making it any better...
    Well look at it this way: the entire fictional Decepticon Empire has a more practical goal and a more consistent set of ideals than Donald Trump and the alt-right.

We're already lead by a TV-President. A fictional character wouldn't be that much different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    U support a qaida, Kell?
    I support calling them what they are in context of a civil war. Especially given the "legal" government of Syria is not much better in its conduct of war.

North Korean artillery is rocket assisted and has a 40 mile range. That is not a coincidence. Seoul is 35 miles from the border.

As for what is in them, it can vary from explosive to nerve gas (VX), to blistering agent (mustard gas), to who knows what else.

Beyond artillery, North Korea has many types of ballistic missiles that would carry much of the same thing.
    Thank you.

One more: If North Korea forced us to take action now(like invading the south), what would be the current most likely way for us to deal with them?