Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Well look at it this way: the entire fictional Decepticon Empire has a more practical goal and a more consistent set of ideals than Donald Trump and the alt-right.

We're already lead by a TV-President. A fictional character wouldn't be that much different.
    At least the Decepticons and Autobots fight their wars themselves, instead of relying on meaty surrogates.
    I am so tempted to link the Frankie video again...
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

Well look at it this way: the entire fictional Decepticon Empire has a more practical goal and a more consistent set of ideals than Donald Trump and the alt-right.

We're already lead by a TV-President. A fictional character wouldn't be that much different.
    Would be better. Fictional character can't sign tons of dumb EO's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I support calling them what they are in context of a civil war. Especially given the "legal" government of Syria is not much better in its conduct of war.
    So you don't want to call the group behind 9/11 for terrorists, got it.

Traitor.
    Last edited by mmocf1aa149946; 2017-03-02 at 10:40 AM.

I support calling them what they are in context of a civil war. Especially given the "legal" government of Syria is not much better in its conduct of war.
    What civil war is fought with one side consisting mainly of foreign troops?

And you can remove your "" from legal government, as Assad is the President of Syria.
    If you like him or not, just like Kim Jong-Un is the leader of North Korea or Saddam was leader of Irak.
    Just as Trump is president of the US although he only has a minority of the votes.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

Meanwhile, in the Trump White House..

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Thank you.

One more: If North Korea forced us to take action now(like invading the south), what would be the current most likely way for us to deal with them?
    Entirely depends on the manner in which they take a provocative action. The default US position though in general is to keep it contained and offer the opponent an exit ramp. Offering them a way out is a way to de-escalate. That is to say, the US doesn't really want North Korean regime change unless it truly has no choice, so it would give North Korea a face saving way out.

For example if North Korean ships challenged (stupidly) US Navy ships, the US wouldn't necessarily start bombing Seoul. The ships would defend itself but the US would be careful to take an escalatory action (unless it was prepare dto escalate further).

In the scenario described with the artillery, the only surefire way to do it is with plentiful use of modest-sized Nuclear weapons... time being the motivating factor behind that. In less than 30 minute Seoul would be toast, so the question has long been "how do you destroy that many artillery places across such a wide area, that quickly".

Unless the US has truly excellent intelligence, nuclear weapons would be the only way. BUT THAT SAID, South Korea (and the US) has had years to prepare for such an eventuality, so there is a potential chance for them to have "painted" where North Korean artillery are / are likely to be ahead of time. But even then, North Korea wouldn't have to have a good success rate - as low as 1% hitting would be catastrophic to Seoul.

You can take these answers, wrap it up and put it in a time machine. It's been the same question, and the same answer in 1987, 1997, 2007, and 2017. It'll be the same in 2027 too barring some technological breakthrough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post

Traitor.
    Aren't you Russian?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Errrrm, Yes? Are you saying Russia would have rolled over to her No fly zone idea?
    What other option would they have had? Seriously? Attack NATO start WW3 and get annihilated? Give me a break.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Weird, I thought Trump was tired of the US being the world police.
    When it comes to nuclear proliferation, it's better to be proactive, not reactive

You either do a full scale invasion and indeed risk world peace, or you do as you do now and just watch.

"Surgical" military strikes are utterly pointless and will just accelerate the vicious military upgrading cycle.
    Last edited by Puri; 2017-03-02 at 10:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Traitor.
    Obviously you are incapable of understanding English.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    What civil war is fought with one side consisting mainly of foreign troops?

And you can remove your "" from legal government, as Assad is the President of Syria.
    If you like him or not, just like Kim Jong-Un is the leader of North Korea or Saddam was leader of Irak.
    Just as Trump is president of the US although he only has a minority of the votes.
    The British Colonial Civil War consisted of significant numbers of foreign troops on both sides and the French intervening on the rebel's side was a key factor in the British losing.

I put the quotes there not because I do not see him as the legitimate government, but because his government is not acting in a legal manner by and large.
    PS, its Iraq, not Irak.

Deleted
    Obviously you are incapable of understanding English.
    Obviously u are incapable of calling al qaida for terrorists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously u are incapable of calling al qaida for terrorists.
    When they are acting in a manner that fits calling them as such I do. The war in Syria does not count as such.

People are worried about *Pyongyang, but isn't the city a lost cause? We are talking about a generation of people who would probably fight American soldiers to the death... They are a generation of brain washed individuals.

Had America done something earlier there may have been a chance. Now though...
    Last edited by XangXu; 2017-03-02 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    People are worried about Seoul, but isn't the city a lost cause? We are talking about a generation of people who would probably fight American soldiers to the death... They are a generation of brain washed individuals.

Seoul is in SK, not NK, the residents there are our allies.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are worried about Seoul, but isn't the city a lost cause? We are talking about a generation of people who would probably fight American soldiers to the death... They are a generation of brain washed individuals.

Seoul is the capital of South Korea, that North Korea would destroy the moment they thought their end had come with the current regime in power.
    The people there are on the side of America and would fight with American soldiers.

I believe you're thinking of Pyongyang, the North Korean capital.

Why would they fight the american soldiers? USA is an ally.
    Last edited by Moratori; 2017-03-02 at 11:25 AM.

Deleted
    I hope he never sees the videos made by north korea about nuking the shit out of the US - he could take it as alternative facts and start to counter attack not listening to anyone because they are considered fake news.

the US wouldn't necessarily start bombing Seoul.
    I should hope not!

*cough* Pyongyang.

Good thing you didn't vote for Killary.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Hillary wanted a moronic war in Syria over Aleppo that could have led to WW3 over something as meaningless as supporting the rebels.
    I was going to say that this displays a primary school level of understanding of how the world works, but I think most primary school students would actually laugh at that statement..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I find it highly unlikable US to start a war with NK if they don't do anything stupid. As we all know, it will be a proxy war, in which LOTS of Chinese, Russian and Iranian gear & personnel will take part.

NK issue is a big one. The only way i see out of it is through dialog. Sit down and re assure NK that they will not be invaded, bombed or nuked out of this planet. Give them incentives to seek for growth and good relations.