Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Does their mascara ruin sniper scopes when they cry?

Give us some of those risks, please. I bet they're all the same ones used to keep non whites out of the millitary in the past.
    Men being protective of women. Problems due to sexual tension, romantic feelings, envy, resentment and so on which leads to endangering the unit cohesion. Men risking more for the women than for the men.
    Last edited by Moratori; 2017-03-02 at 03:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good for them. I think we should bring back the draft in the US. Every healthy and able bodied citizen in the US should serve a min of 2 yrs in the armed forces once they finish their schooling. Not a very popular opinion I know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good for them. I think we should bring back the draft in the US. Every healthy and able bodied citizen in the US should serve a min of 2 yrs in the armed forces once they finish their schooling. Not a very popular opinion I know.
    I would literally injure myself on purpose to avoid it. Am I afraid of dying? No. If I'm dead, all problems are over. I simply refuse to be compelled to do anything other than pay taxes.

EDIT:
    I have always contended that the concept of compulsory military service is a violation of human rights. How can it be justified to force someone to fight for something they disagree with?
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-03-02 at 04:06 PM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Wow. This is an absolute travesty. We should be moving to smaller military and meanwhile Sweden does this? I bet a lot of people are going to move to other countries now.
    We're better off without people who thinks total disarmament is a realistic policy to hold, they're free to leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I would literally injure myself on purpose to avoid it. Am I afraid of dying? No. If I'm dead, all problems are over. I simply refuse to be compelled to do anything other than pay taxes.

EDIT:
    I have always contended that the concept of compulsory military service is a violation of human rights. How can it be justified to force someone to fight for something they disagree with?
    Harm yourself to avoid it? *rolls eyes and shakes head. You are compelled to do a lot of things you may not want to which is not about paying taxes. It is part of being a responsible and contributing citizen. But you do not have to worry about a draft here in the US. So you can relax.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Sweden has a buffer zone tho, Finland.
    Yeah, that only really helps if Russia is attacking with ground troops, Sweden does share a boarder with Russia.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Harm yourself to avoid it? *rolls eyes and shakes head. You are compelled to do a lot of things you may not want to which is not about paying taxes. It is part of being a responsible and contributing citizen. But you do not have to worry about a draft here in the US. So you can relax.
    Oh there's no need for me to relax. I'm in my early 40s, well past any draft age. I simply can't morally agree with the idea of compelling anyone to enter a profession wherein they might be forced to engage in violence. It's disgusting to me to contemplate, and I would vote against any politician who argued in favor of it. Also, I don't agree that it is part of citizenship. I've never even agreed with the idea of jury duty.

As I see it, i have three basic moral obligations wherever I live:

1)don't hurt people
    2)don't take their stuff without permission
    3)pay taxes for the upkeep of public services that I use
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Care to explain why?

I dont know about you, but I dont consider myself a property that is owned by my country. And before you go about taxes, that is a completely different matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Oh there's no need for me to relax. I'm in my early 40s, well past any draft age. I simply can't morally agree with the idea of compelling anyone to enter a profession wherein they might be forced to engage in violence. It's disgusting to me to contemplate, and I would vote against any politician who argued in favor of it. Also, I don't agree that it is part of citizenship. I've never even agreed with the idea of jury duty.

As I see it, i have three basic moral obligations wherever I live:

1)don't hurt people
    2)don't take their stuff without permission
    3)pay taxes for the upkeep of public services that I use
    It is nice we live in a country where hundreds of thousands lost their lives so you could feel that way. And I am sure there are many other things you are forgetting which you are obligated to obey here. Maybe in some cases, you would have to break the law and be caught to realize that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Care to explain why?

I dont know about you, but I dont consider myself a property that is owned by my country. And before you go about taxes, that is a completely different matter.
    I feel it is part of my obligation to serve my country. Which I did. 3 years. It helped to make me a better person also. Not saying one has to wield a weapon or even serve in a combat role to accomplish that however. This is my own personal conviction on the subject.

Sweden,worst country in europe.
    Immigrantloving cucks.

[Infracted - Forbidden Topics]
    Last edited by Annoying; 2017-03-02 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because people don't want to be forced into the military?

It's just plain retarded.
    "People don't want to join the military, what do?"
    -"I have it, force them!"

If you cannot find people to join the military, you either scale it down or try to make it more attractive.
    Do you really think someone would move from one of the best countries in terms of quality of life due to having to do some basic military training?

15+ Year Old Account

If you cannot find people to join the military, you either scale it down or try to make it more attractive.
    Let them choose between military or civil service, it´s what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account

lol! I do not think you can make fighting on the battlefield attractive. Most people will feel just the opposite after experiencing the hell involved. General Sherman was criticized by the Northern press for his destructive methods on his March thru the southern states and he replied " War is hell and there is no way to refine it".

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Or let them live their lives without this stupid concept of forcing people to serve the state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    In peace time and there is sufficient numbers in the Military to meet their needs, that is a excellent way to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation

I feel it is part of my obligation to serve my country. Which I did. 3 years. It helped to make me a better person also. Not saying one has to wield a weapon or even serve in a combat role to accomplish that however. This is my own personal conviction on the subject.
    Good for you, doesnt mean that it works for everybody, or even for most. Besides apart from IDF, drafted armies have been completely useless in the last 30 years or so. So there is not even an utilitarian argument for enserfing the youth.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

lol! I do not think you can make fighting on the battlefield attractive. Most people will feel just the opposite after experiencing the hell involved. General Sherman was criticized by the Northern press for his destructive methods on his March thru the southern states and he replied " War is hell and there is now way to refine it".
    So another reason in argument against forcing it. People should be allowed to sit out wars if they don't agree with it.

Wow. This is an absolute travesty. We should be moving to smaller military and meanwhile Sweden does this? I bet a lot of people are going to move to other countries now.
    Some country can't afford to have their big neighbor to protect them while you smoke weed and build snowmen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So another reason in argument against forcing it. People should be allowed to sit out wars if they don't agree with it.
    I do not think the results of WW2 would have ended the same positive way if that had been the case. But you have a point in peace time and your country is not under attack. But some countries need to be prepared to come to your aid in case you are attacked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anon56 View Post
    Some country can't afford to have their big neighbor to protect them while you smoke weed and build snowmen.
    Yep and if they are attacked, they are the first ones to yell for help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    Men being protective of women. Problems due to sexual tension, romantic feelings, envy, resentment and so on which leads to endangering the unit cohesion. Men risking more for the women than for the men.
    Fucking bollox.