Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Cyberbullying, like any other bullying CAN be... but I would posit its usually problematic for teens and younger who have fragile egos and underdeveloped abilities to reason/cope, not for professional grown-ass athletes. And again, T'nace's article doesn't actually show any evidence of bullying anyway.
    This, along with how loose the term "bullying" has become. If you're a grown-ass adult and you think you're being "cyberbullied", you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    It can be a problem, but it isn't a serious. We shouldn't devote resources to fixing Cyberbullying while ACTUAL bullying is going on
    When two grown man... I mean GROWN man, making millions of dollars, can bully until their mom has to step in... the remarkable thing isn't the bullying...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

http://www.espnsa.com/javale-mcgee-s...y-twitter-war/

sauce on the actual tweets. If any of that actually counts as "bullying," idk what fucking world I live in now.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    When two grown man... I mean GROWN man, making millions of dollars, can bully until their mom has to step in... the remarkable thing isn't the bullying...
    Exactly

/10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    This sort of troubling behavior needs to stop. Save us, Melania!
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Shaq made videos highlighting Javale's mistakes on a basketball court. Javale talked smack to shaq, calling him a coon and old bastard. Shaq called him a bum and said he would smack Javale. Javale said shaq wasn't gonna do shit.

1st, this happened like a week ago. You are late to the party.

2nd, none of this is cyber bullying. 2 dudes talking shit on twitter

3rd, as a professional in a prominent public job, criticism is 100% fair game and has been determined as such by law. So Shaqtin a fool and the Dr Strange clip are 100% fair game.

4th, hundreds of other players have been showcased on shaqtin a fool, including Shaq himself, as well as the others on the show with him. Which indicates a morally acceptable form of criticism. No one else has cried about it like Javale. It's also always making fun of his actual play and not him as a person. And it's clearly done in jest with laughter abound. Not a hint of malice.

Javale was 100% in the wrong.

Edit - Shaqs mother makes a very good point. It's not like Shaq is the one scouring the NBA games for clips to add to shaqtin a fool. He isn't putting the clips together and producing them for airtime. That's a production crew and show runner wanting to run those segments. And all 4 of the guys on camera make comments and jokes and laugh about it. To single out Shaq as the one picking on her son (not the twitter stuff, but the actual Shaqtin a fool and Dr Stange clip) is prett ridiculous of Ms McGee
    Last edited by Kapadons; 2017-03-03 at 05:47 AM.

How to get never taken seriously in your sport: Let your momma talk for you.

Deleted
    Does cyber-bullying make cyber boo-boos?

Deleted
    Maybe McGee's mom should just take his internet from him. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    No. Bullying is serious.

A FWP is complaining your coffee isn't dark roast or your salad doesn't have the right dressing.
    It isn't. War and hunger are serious. (Adult? lol) bullying is an unfortunate side effect of poor parenting and lack of self esteem.

They are grown adults bringing their mothers in, for fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    http://www.espnsa.com/javale-mcgee-s...y-twitter-war/

sauce on the actual tweets. If any of that actually counts as "bullying," idk what fucking world I live in now.
    good lord. ive seen 10 year olds with better grammar than them.

by the looks of it, if one does for some moronic reason get in trouble, so should the other. javale seems like more of a douche in those. its not "cyberbullying" if youre throwing back insults that are just as bad or worse.

Deleted
    Cyberbullying... Between adults...?!

And his mama is involved?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    good lord. ive seen 10 year olds with better grammar than them.

by the looks of it, if one does for some moronic reason get in trouble, so should the other. javale seems like more of a douche in those. its not "cyberbullying" if youre throwing back insults that are just as bad or worse.
    Yeah because twiter is where people speak with proper grammar? How racist.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because twiter is where people speak with proper grammar? How racist.
    WTF are you talking about? He said their grammar is awful. How the hell do you get racist out of it?

I think their mom's should throw hands to solve this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    ive seen 10 year olds with better grammar than them.
    It's twitterspeak and they are dumb jocks who never had to go to class.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Do you agree? Is this cyberbullying or something else?
    Should Shaq lose his job for this?
    JaVale McGee is 29 years old and has a estimated worth of 32+ million. That is way too old and rich to need momma to step in and say "stop picking on my baby". If he was 20 or younger I could see it being a bit of a bullying issue. All I see is mostly O'neil doing is trash talking, which is what ballers do. For a net worth of 32 million, You guys can shit talk about my lack of skill all you want

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    WTF are you talking about? He said their grammar is awful. How the hell do you get racist out of it?
    Tennisbait is just showing how racist he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    It's the point in the thread where they have been shown how utterly moronic their crusade du jour is and just starts in the with the silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Bullying is serious.

A FWP is complaining your coffee isn't dark roast or your salad doesn't have the right dressing.
    Honestly man, I feel sorry for your mother. I mean that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cyberbullying can be a very serious thing. There's been a few people up here who have died as a result of it (though, those incidents were pretty extreme. Like 'teenage girl gets gang raped, and the guys who did it took photos and spread them around, asking other people to form groups to attempt to kidnap and rape her as well' kind of extreme)

But what makes bullying a bad thing is that it is attacking someone with no reasonable way to defend themselves. Poking fun at a multi-million dollar basketball player hardly applies. If McGee was legitimately harmed by Shaq's actions, he has /plenty/ of options to defend himself and gain redress. It's that whole 'legitimately harmed' part that doesn't appear to have happened.