Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be something simple as your RAM failing. Do you have another PC in the house that you can swap parts and test?

Deleted
    guess ill try the ram, played for an hour and the pc restarted again,

15+ Year Old Account
    *psu sitting in case saying "its me, nanananana"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    *psu sitting in case saying "its me, nanananana"
    its weird how the restarts have started happening more frequently when i got a screen and gpu upgrade, is it because of more wat is needed or why u think?, was once a week with gtx 760, now everytime i try and play it happens after 15-30 min, running 2 really big monitors that are kind of new now instead of a new one and old

15+ Year Old Account
    PSUs degrade over time, how old is it. And I dont mean the efficiency rating on the unit itself, thats not the same.

Temperature, heat and air flow increase the effects of psus, they are usually on quite a bit of time so think of it like this, all electrical devices lose productivity over time, that time frame depends on its surroundings, the ambient temperature and the temp of your case plus the fans airflow and how efficient it is.

It could last 10 years, 20 years or maybe with cheap and inferior components maybe 3.

I would have to look up your psu and see what oem made it, Seasonic, Superflower, FPS and a few others make the best and they make them for other companies like OCZ, but for giggles, give me the model number of your psu and I'll look.

And yes your new VC may need more clean juice. I dont know what the wattage is on your 760 I guess I could look it up.

Deleted
    PSUs degrade over time, how old is it. And I dont mean the efficiency rating on the unit itself, thats not the same.

Temperature, heat and air flow increase the effects of psus, they are usually on quite a bit of time so think of it like this, all electrical devices lose productivity over time, that time frame depends on its surroundings, the ambient temperature and the temp of your case plus the fans airflow and how efficient it is.

It could last 10 years, 20 years or maybe with cheap and inferior components maybe 3.

I would have to look up your psu and see what oem made it, Seasonic, Superflower, FPS and a few others make the best and they make them for other companies like OCZ, but for giggles, give me the model number of your psu and I'll look.

And yes your new VC may need more clean juice. I dont know what the wattage is on your 760 I guess I could look it up.
    http://imgur.com/2cgTEcN model number should be on there, but i have had this psu for probably 3-4 years atleast, so it might be time to replace it i guess, not sure if i got it new or from someone that used it before too, so its either 3-4 years wich ive had it for, or up till 5-6

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    http://imgur.com/2cgTEcN model number should be on there, but i have had this psu for probably 3-4 years atleast, so it might be time to replace it i guess, not sure if i got it new or from someone that used it before too, so its either 3-4 years wich ive had it for, or up till 5-6
    Sirtec made it in 2012-2013 and no, they are not a good OEM.

Buy a psu and Im certain that will solve your issues.

If you want my opinion, depending on your budget, get a Seasonic, EVGA, Superflower, FPS and some others may be able to help if this list isnt enough.

You dont need a 750W unless its a garbage psu, a good 450-600W will do fine and 600W is probably overkill unless you plan on Sli or Xfire. psus like to be used, a overpowered psu isnt a good thing.

Word of advice, never ever go cheap on your psu. 1st mistake most people make in pc building. Its the heart of your system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Could be something simple as your RAM failing. Do you have another PC in the house that you can swap parts and test?
    That usually causes bsod, shutdowns are psu's 90% of the time

Deleted
    Sirtec made it in 2012-2013 and no, they are not a good OEM.

Buy a psu and Im certain that will solve your issues.

If you want my opinion, depending on your budget, get a Seasonic, EVGA, Superflower, FPS and some others may be able to help if this list isnt enough.

You dont need a 750W unless its a garbage psu, a good 450-600W will do fine and 600W is probably overkill unless you plan on Sli or Xfire. psus like to be used, a overpowered psu isnt a good thing.

Word of advice, never ever go cheap on your psu. 1st mistake most people make in pc building. Its the heart of your system.

- - - Updated - - -

That usually causes bsod, shutdowns are psu's 90% of the time
    alright i wont get the 750W corsair one for 130 euro, is this one for 60 euro enough?, https://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/dato...=search:result

Check these things too:
    Go to computer management and check why the PC is rebooting. it should say something like "an unexpected shutdown has occurred" open it up and google the message.
    Next after your pc shuts down unplug it from the wall and see if any of the components are "on fire" or hot to touch. It could be something as simple as air flow not related to the graphics card.
    If something is hot plug your pc back in with the side off and make sure all of your fans are working for every component.

15+ Year Old Account
    alright i wont get the 750W corsair one for 130 euro, is this one for 60 euro enough?, https://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/dato...=search:result
    Meh it is EVGA. I meant something a little more ...whats the word Im looking for...damnit I cant find it...

I mean its a reliable one, alot better than yours but let me look on that site.. holy shit is that German?

- - - Updated - - -

This too much?

https://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/dato...=search:result

Deleted
    Meh it is EVGA. I meant something a little more ...whats the word Im looking for...damnit I cant find it...

I mean its a reliable one, alot better than yours but let me look on that site.. holy shit is that German?

- - - Updated - - -

This too much?

https://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/dato...=search:result
    its swedish, if im gonna get that one for 100 euro i might just aswell get this one wich 750w corsair for 110 euro no? https://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/dato...=search:result

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jag27bc View Post
    Check these things too:
    Go to computer management and check why the PC is rebooting. it should say something like "an unexpected shutdown has occurred" open it up and google the message.
    Next after your pc shuts down unplug it from the wall and see if any of the components are "on fire" or hot to touch. It could be something as simple as air flow not related to the graphics card.
    If something is hot plug your pc back in with the side off and make sure all of your fans are working for every component.
    no idea where to check that stuff, went into event viewer in computer management and it says critical event type event id 41, SOURCE: kernel power, log system, last 24 hours, not sure if that tells u something or if im on the wrong track Under summary of administrative events
    Last edited by mmoc39f78ccd49; 2017-03-04 at 04:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    its swedish, if im gonna get that one for 100 euro i might just aswell get this one wich 750w corsair for 110 euro no? https://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/dato...=search:result

- - - Updated - - -

no idea where to check that stuff, went into event viewer in computer management and it says critical event type event id 41, SOURCE: kernel power, log system, last 24 hours, not sure if that tells u something or if im on the wrong track Under summary of administrative events
    It just told you what I already knew. But here, look for yourself.

The Corsairs are hit and miss, some people swear by them, some not so much. They have had issues with some versions and I dont remember which ones. I had a bad RM650 once...but those were actually good ones so. However....My opinion, I wouldnt go Corsair. I do like some of their things but psus arent one of them.

I buy only Seasonic and EVGA Golds, I do have one EVGA 600W 80+ White, but that was just to get me by until my replacement came, which...dont laugh, the defective one was a Corsair that got replaced by my current Seasonic.

What is your budget?

EDIT: If you want the Corsair, I just read a review from the only trusted PSU reviewer there is and it looks good.

Take a look, but 750w is overkill, a 550 is cheaper and all you really need.
    Last edited by moremana; 2017-03-04 at 04:48 AM.

Computer Management> Windows Logs> Application or system. Find the big red one named "error" about the time of the shutdown.
    This might help. if not its ok.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jag27bc View Post
    Computer Management> Windows Logs> Application or system. Find the big red one named "error" about the time of the shutdown.
    This might help. if not its ok.
    Its power issue ... we already knew that.

Edit: that sounded shitty but not meant to be.
    Last edited by moremana; 2017-03-04 at 05:01 AM.

Deleted
    Its power issue ... we already knew that.

Edit: that sounded shitty but not meant to be.
    EVGA PowerSupply (PSU) SuperNOVA 650 G2 650W guess im gonna get this one then, thanks for your help , this is the one u linked

15+ Year Old Account
    EVGA PowerSupply (PSU) SuperNOVA 650 G2 650W guess im gonna get this one then, thanks for your help , this is the one u linked
    Your welcome, Im 99% sure this will solve your issues.

Keep in mind, the psu's I recommend are my preference, that doesn't make it gospel. Everyone has there own preference, but the EVGA and even the Corsair you linked are very good and in the same realm of quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this an issue you've had from the start or something that suddenly appeared?

It sounds a lot like a problem I had with a previous computer, it would just randomly reboot sometimes while playing some games. No bluescreens, no temp issues, no memory errors, no issues with the PSU, in short nothing that could explain why it happened.

In the end it turned out to be a faulty motherboard. It ran fine with only 2/4 memory slots filled, 4/4 caused the spontaneous reboots no matter what memory latency, -frequency, or -voltage I tried.

I thought the 1070 required a 650 minimum?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    I thought the 1070 required a 650 minimum?
    500 recommended.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's let this be a learning lesson to not jump to wasteful extremes like reinstalling the damned os. That's an extreme non"fix". Please don't tell people to do that unless you actually know it's necessary and we've gone through all the previous steps of trial and error.

*coughs*
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water