Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I hope that we get to a point where police, fireman, hospital ppl and the army will stop there work for one day just to show morons how important there jobs are for the community.

Deleted
    I'm not a heartless sociopath so no.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has worked in the legal field, knows lots of cops, etc, kinda pisses me off too. Let the families handle it. Also a ton of cops are not as great as PR would have you think. American hero worship is a major issue. The people just end up seeing a badge, a nice picture, and ignore the person... kinda defeats the whole idea of mourning for someone when you just see a uniform.

No, but I don't make it my business to be pissed off about everything. Such is the burden of being a well-adjusted adult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I hope that we get to a point where police, fireman, hospital ppl and the army will stop there work for one day just to show morons how important there jobs are for the community.
    most pro government statement today.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    No, they swore to protect and serve, they died doing that and should be recognized for their sacrifice.

The same way a firefighter would be publicly mourned if they died attempting to put out a fire or while attempting to rescue someone trapped in a burning house.
    Well said. Libtards see the relevance of policemen only when crime knocks on their own doors. Otherwise muh privilege!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Well said. regular people see the relevance of policemen only when crime knocks on their own doors. Otherwise muh CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTIONS AND RIGHTS!
    sorry had to fix the clear misinterpretation here.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    No, they swore to protect and serve, they died doing that and should be recognized for their sacrifice.
    It's cute that people actually believe this. Swore to protect. Rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    The existence of bad cops means nothing. There is not a single organization in the entire world that is 100% free of corruption. There are a few bad apples in EVERYTHING. If you dismiss every organization in the world that has a few bad members, there wouldn't be a single organization in the world, be it governmental or civilian, left.
    A rotten apple spoils the barrel. In an organization with the power to arrest or kill people any corruption is unacceptable. As long as there are bad cops there are no good cops. The "good ones" are complicit in covering for the "bad ones".

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    And considering that corrupt cops regularly get found out and rooted out by good cops further invalidates whatever point you were trying to make.
    You are joking, right? The only cops that get rooted out are the few that actually try to stop corruption.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Police did that NYC. Crime rates actually fell.

EDIT: I would also like to clarify that I have zero problem with German police officers. They are amazing people doing a great job.

It is the American police force that is corrupt to the core and uses literal lynchings to brutalize the black population. (Which is no wonder given that American police force evolved directly from slave catchers. Look it up.)
    Last edited by Elba; 2017-03-04 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Okay, you don't have to watch the news on television when this happens, but it still enrages me how often it is that if several cops die to some notable conflict, they have to take the time of day to mourn those officers publicly . Like, really? They're not special, and the people brutally murdered or accidentally killed by corrupt cops fade into obscurity and are never mourned. Like that poor child shot and killed for opening a door with a game controller.

What pisses me off is how law enforcement seemingly tries to influence people that each and every one of their lives are highly important and any loss is a gravely tragic one. I say, fuck no, we're all the same and unless we weep for everyone lost, they need to fuck off with this shit that happens every so often.
    Despite you being one of the countless people who think every cop ever is evil incarnate -- or that it's even a notable percentage of them -- explains everything about your post.

Hint: Very, very, very few cops are bad people. No matter how many crime dramas you watch that states there's only one or two good cops in any given precinct. People like you are why people like Trump got elected, just as an aside. "Well it's on the tee-vee, it must be true, herp a derp a derp!"

That said, the reason this takes place is because being a police officer is a dangerous job that people willingly choose in order to save and protect everyone else. They essentially sacrifice themselves so that you can have a good life. So when one of them dies in the line of duty, they are a hero and deserve to be respected as one.

Unless you can prove that any such cop was actually a bad apple, fuck you for disrespecting them for giving up their lives to protect your whiny little unworthy ass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Despite you being one of the countless people who think every cop ever is evil incarnate -- or that it's even a notable percentage of them -- explains everything about your post.

Hint: Very, very, very few cops are bad people. No matter how many crime dramas you watch that states there's only one or two good cops in any given precinct.
    Bullshit. The police force in infested with white supremacists. https://theintercept.com/2017/01/31/...w-enforcement/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    Most cops are cunts. They all tirn a blind eye to the nad ones and look out for each other which makes none of them good.
    Too much TV

This is not true, I'm sure there is instances of it, but its not a global threat like you make it out to be.

Show us some evidence of multiple instances via a reliable news source please.

You hate cops now but if they were gone you would miss them.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    You hate cops now but if they were gone you would miss them.
    I'd like to replace current cops with ones that are not corrupt or brutalize the population. That actually do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Bullshit. The police force in infested with white supremacists.
    Yeah, you keep on thinking that, Einstein.

"Derp, everything I lurned, I lurned from cop dramaz! BUT I R TEH SMART 1!!!!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    I'd like to replace current cops with ones that are not corrupt or brutalize the population. That actually do their job.
    There is a reason no one here replies to you on this topic. What evidence do you have of all the propaganda you spew? The Intercept?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Yeah, you keep on thinking that, Einstein.

"Derp, everything I lurned, I lurned from cop dramaz! BUT I R TEH SMART 1!!!!"
    Actually from the FBI, my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    There is a reason no one here replies to you on this topic. What evidence do you have of all the propaganda you spew? The Intercept?
    What propaganda? Police brutality and corruption exist. You can find countless news reports on instances.

If the police force was majority good there would be NO instances of brutality or corruption. Because the good cops would root out the bad cops or would prevent them from joining up in the first place. But, given that instances of corruption and brutality keep happening, and that cops get away with them, as in not get charged or prosecuted or sentenced, means that the rest of the police force is either a) indifferent b) passively complicit or c) actively involved.

Any cop that does not actively work to stop bad cops is NOT a good cop.

Any instance of corruption or brutality is the fault of the entire force because they did fail to prevent it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    The OP never said he hated Cops. he said he Hated how they get a pedestal next to Soldiers when there's Thousands of Legal Jobs just as deadly. Construction worker deaths Year round is FUCKING HIGH, why aren't they getting A whole PR conference/Acknowledgement? I mainly think it's because the Media has Built up these People as HEROS when a lot of them are just regular people holding guns/Power. There's nothing special to them besides their Capability of Shooting a gun at a long Distance.

So why should we Forget about the deaths of the many and Acknowledge only the deaths of the few?
    Actually if you read the OP's second post on the first page they flat out say that they hate cops.. As quoted from that post
    I fucking hate cops and wish we had Marines on patrol instead.
    Because as a whole doing a job where in all likelihood you may end up either in hospital or dead when doing your job is a big deal.. As they are putting their lives on the line to protect the general public..

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    The victims have nothing and are also usually blamed.
    sounds like the middle east

Okay, you don't have to watch the news on television when this happens, but it still enrages me how often it is that if several cops die to some notable conflict, they have to take the time of day to mourn those officers publicly . Like, really? They're not special, and the people brutally murdered or accidentally killed by corrupt cops fade into obscurity and are never mourned. Like that poor child shot and killed for opening a door with a game controller.

What pisses me off is how law enforcement seemingly tries to influence people that each and every one of their lives are highly important and any loss is a gravely tragic one. I say, fuck no, we're all the same and unless we weep for everyone lost, they need to fuck off with this shit that happens every so often.
    Why? It fits perfectly along with the fact that they are above the law. I can't count how many times I've seen a police officer use his lights only to bypass traffic, or seen them speeding with no lights on roads where I've seen others get speeding tickets. Etc.. etc..

My wife is a nurse in the ER, is the police officer's job more important? Should my wife be able to speed to work?

People have been put in cuffs, even pepper sprayed for giving their middle finger to a police officer. Should I be able to pepper spray anyone that flips me off?

The double standards are almost endless. This is just another example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Actually if you read the OP's second post on the first page they flat out say that they hate cops.. As quoted from that post

Because as a whole doing a job where in all likelihood you may end up either in hospital or dead when doing your job is a big deal.. As they are putting their lives on the line to protect the general public..
    There are plenty of jobs that fit that description.

I have a point, though. And I have no reason to not be upset considering the circumstances.
    No you don't, you are just upset that people care about something you don't understand. Good news though, when you die you won't have to worry about this same fuss being made about you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."