Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Her ultimate is weird to me. Were they just trying to give an alternative to ana? IDK feels out of place
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a few matches against her, and she is ridiculously easy to headshot, that could be a problem. Got a match with her though, and I think her kit is pretty cool, I like that you can throw the barriers some way ahead, and grabbing people out of cover with the Halt thing is sweet. That said, I don't think another 100HP would do anyone any harm to be honest, she does feel really quite squishy.

I'm not that impressed with her playstyle. yanking people around is fun but I do not really feel like a tank and you have to fire at where the opponent will be to hit them as the rounds travel slowly. If your opponent is forced to run straight at you they are dead, but hitting a strafing target is going to take some foresight.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    checked her out and she's a lot of fun. Loads of tactical use of her abilities and she's very useful for nailing the links of tracer, genji and a dancing Lucio

btw looks like Shadman had created art of her almost instantly. God damn.
    Shadman is not of this reality.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'm not that impressed with her playstyle. yanking people around is fun but I do not really feel like a tank and you have to fire at where the opponent will be to hit them as the rounds travel slowly. If your opponent is forced to run straight at you they are dead, but hitting a strafing target is going to take some foresight.
    Her gun is pretty similar to DVa Pilot's or Mercy's, the projectiles are a little faster, but you get used to leading your shots.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Shadman is not of this reality.
    truly the hero we deserve.

Honestly, with Orisas theme of protection....her Ultimate should provide Damage Mitigation to allies, not damage boost.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

smacks lips profusely
    SO HOL UP HOL UP
    killsteals
    SO U BE SAYIN
    gets jiggy wit it
    SO HOL UP U BE SAYIN
    eats a healthkit
    AYYYOOOO SO U BE SAYIN
    checks for nearest payload
    U BE SAYIN
    collects comp. points
    HOL UP HOL UP
    licks teeth then smacks lips
    AYYOO U BE SAYIN
    does the crip walk
    SO U BE SAYIN
    opens up a 40 and pours some for her homies lucio and doomfist
    HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN
    tweets about dis and goes to check in with her commanding officer
    WE WUZ
    dindu nuffins
    FINNA WE WUZ
    sucks air through teeth
    AYYYOOO HOL UP WE WUZ
    pulls up sagging skill ranking
    SO WE WUZ
    instinctively looks around for flankers
    SO U SAYIN WE WUZ
    dies and then gets rez’d repeatedly
    SOM FINNA
    scopes dem legendaries
    SO WE WUZ
    shouts at teammates
    SOM FINNA
    chucks omnic balls
    AYYOOO SOM FINNA
    sets down cotton bale
    HOL UP
    strokes comp. rank pensively
    WE WUZ
    throws up clan sign
    SOM FINNA
    swings from basket ball hoop in ship
    WE WUZ
    grabs crotch and shuffles left and right
    SOM FINNA
    participates in drive by feeding
    HOL UP MUH NIGGUH
    converts to shambalism
    U SAYIN WE WUZ
    repeated ggez yelling in background
    SOM FINNA
    sells beta access codes
    HERREOOOOOOOOOEZ N SHEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
    moves up from bronze ranking

10+ Year Old Account
    I only got to play that one match with her, but all the others where I was beaten to instalock haven't really convinced me. She's far too squishy, and too slow for Attack. Mostly matches were decided by the Reinhardts and DVas. Could just be people aren't used to her, but for me, immobility and squishiness do not make for a good combination. It's so easy to get around her planted shield. She absolutely does not fit the Reinhardt 'anchor' role they were talking about.

Then I got tired and kept being grouped with people testing their bots and wall hacks :/

She is supposed to be an anchor tank but isn't, hell I don't even consider her a tank. With Rhardt people act like his barrier is a physical wall, like they have to stay on the other side of it when they could just walk though it. Orisa isn't a wall at all, nor does she feel like she can hold a spot. I love games where I can wield a SAW because I naturally do headshots from the hip but I just don't feel this one.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Did anyone else notice that Orisa has the same model as the Warcraft Pit Lord?

Obviously no tail, but everything else is there including the horns.

Deleted
    A four legged robot with banana tusks? Why the fuck not.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Everyone hating on her, yet she is the most unique hero we've gotten so far. I like her! I especially like the dark / neon green skin.

And she is fun to play around with :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    Did anyone else notice that Orisa has the same model as the Warcraft Pit Lord?

Obviously no tail, but everything else is there including the horns.
    A few people, others have compared her to the Ultralisk.

Anyhow, I had a play around on PTR yesterday, and these were my thoughts:

I played a fair bit of PTR yesterday, and this is what I noticed. She's no alternative to Reinhardt, she's much more like Zarya; and that shouldn't really be a shocker given the similarity in their kits. I had hope for an alternative to Rein, as I've grown pretty bored of him, but that's not what I found there.

Start with the positives:
    Throwing out shields to protect the back line, really good. Especially for snipers to sit behind and take careful shots with absolute impunity. <3

Using Halt to prevent injured players escaping, also good.

Supercharger for clutch defence or big push, nice.

I'm now kind of struggling from here.

The not so good:
    You can throw out a shield ahead of you to advance your position, but it's like the ultimate telegraph of intention; everyone is going to move to get above or flank it, or even destroy it before you even get to it.

It's slow, step by step movement. There's a lot of heroes in the roster that can't work with that where they rely on their mobility to survive. Those heroes are the same ones on the opposing team who are just going to get behind or above it, and flatten you; and you have zero responsiveness to do anything about it for your team, although you can pop Fortify for yourself.

She's massive, and has a massive head. I enjoyed getting headshots all day on her, I'm not convinced the opposite player had the same level of enjoyment. She's so squishy in fact that you don't even need to half charge your second shot to finish her as Widow. 400HP seems way too low for her.

Her slow while firing even limits her options when in close quarters, since she can't duck behind her own barrier like Winston would. All she has is Fortify, but because of her size, nothing misses and it's not enough.

Even turtling on a point, her barrier is fixed, it's not rocket science to get around it.

My conclusion:
    She's basically too slow and unreflexive to work as an 'Anchor' to really protect her team. Attacking with her as the 'main' tank is like attacking with the handbreak on, which is just no good. Defending with her is not much better, as she's so easily out manoeuvred. She just can't 'be' the front line.

I spend an awful lot of time on D.Va, and I'll be the first to admit that she is not nearly as good an anchor as Reinhardt, but her reflexiveness and mobility allow her to do that job, at least as a clutch measure; and that is down to both DM and Shield Barrier being an immediate 'right click' and moveable. So if there is a need for a new anchor tank (and there probably is) that is where you need to build from.

I think there is a place for an alternative to Zarya, and Orisa fills this well, or would do with an extra 100HP, but she is no alternative to Reinhardt.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good feedback @Jessicka - this is exactly what I came to this thread looking for.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-03-05 at 01:22 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Good feedback @Jessicka - this is exactly what I came to this thread looking for.
    Played some more this morning, the new Meta seems to be Reinhardt-Zarya-Orisa-Zen-Ana-AFK. Punching through so much shielding is ridiculous, and the stacked damage buffs while basically immune through Tranq; there is nothing you can do with it. I guess you could Sombra ult bot them, but good luck getting her some charge.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Played some more this morning, the new Meta seems to be Reinhardt-Zarya-Orisa-Zen-Ana-AFK. Punching through so much shielding is ridiculous, and the stacked damage buffs while basically immune through Tranq; there is nothing you can do with it. I guess you could Sombra ult bot them, but good luck getting her some charge.
    Do you see Symmetra having a place in the meta if it turns out to be barrier heavy?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Do you see Symmetra having a place in the meta if it turns out to be barrier heavy?
    On defence of Point A, as ever.

JUnkrat will return to the metabecause he eats up barriers.

I did a match on ptr on no limits and almost everyone was Orisa, with the exception of an Anna on both teams and a Junkrat on ours. Once the payload was on its way in kings row the 5 orisa pushing it just put their shields on the payload and rode it to victory pretty easily, 4,500 shield barrier every 8 seconds was insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    JUnkrat will return to the metabecause he eats up barriers.

I did a match on ptr on no limits and almost everyone was Orisa, with the exception of an Anna on both teams and a Junkrat on ours. Once the payload was on its way in kings row the 5 orisa pushing it just put their shields on the payload and rode it to victory pretty easily, 4,500 shield barrier every 8 seconds was insane.
    He gets wrecked by Zen and Orisa though, so I'm not convinced. Had a Junkrat and Bastion and they both struggled with it.