Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Nice touch, Blizzard used the weapons' name for Rend's name. Too bad Maim is still Maim.
    His name was always Dal'rend though.

I'm guessing Cho'gall will be used by Gul'dan to destroy Highmaul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    His name was always Dal'rend though.
    Actually, we were both wrong, he got the Dal'rend name in Tides of War novel. Before that was always Rend (Rend and Maim).

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. I always thought Maim's full name was Maim'gar. Wonder where I got that from...

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Huh. I always thought Maim's full name was Maim'gar. Wonder where I got that from...
    I have the impression that Maim does have a full name, just like Rend. I can't remember what it was and where I saw it, thought. You may be right about it being Maim'gar, but I'm not sure.

Whooooop. My headcanon was confirmed. Despite being acolytes (followers) of the Burning Legion or the underworld (as it was in Warcraft 1) and use poison clouds that are technically necrotic, warlocks aren't treated as necrolytes by Chronicle Volume 2. Whoop whoop, warlocks peer into the Void (presumably using the necrolytes' dark vision), can manipulate manifestations of black souls via shadow bolt (clearly a slight variation on the necrolytes' shadow spear), and sacrifice a portion of their own soul and transform it into fel armor (clearly a variation on the death knights' and necrolytes' unholy armor). The only "necrolyte" ability warlocks don't seem to have is the ability to raise dead, but both WC1 and WC2 established that the ability to bind the bodies of the dead is something necrolytes gain. Quite literally, Blizzard confirmed warlocks are water-downed necrolytes of the Legion that can't raise the dead. /slow clap for Blizzard

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really digging all the extra Orc bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    Whooooop. My headcanon was confirmed. Despite being acolytes (followers) of the Burning Legion or the underworld (as it was in Warcraft 1) and use poison clouds that are technically necrotic, warlocks aren't treated as necrolytes by Chronicle Volume 2. Whoop whoop, warlocks peer into the Void (presumably using the necrolytes' dark vision), can manipulate manifestations of black souls via shadow bolt (clearly a slight variation on the necrolytes' shadow spear), and sacrifice a portion of their own soul and transform it into fel armor (clearly a variation on the death knights' and necrolytes' unholy armor). The only "necrolyte" ability warlocks don't seem to have is the ability to raise dead, but both WC1 and WC2 established that the ability to bind the bodies of the dead is something necrolytes gain. Quite literally, Blizzard confirmed warlocks are water-downed necrolytes of the Legion that can't raise the dead. /slow clap for Blizzard
    So...my headcannon was right as well then...

Love to see how many Necromancer fanboys that seperate warlocks from them try to defend this shit now...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    It's because Blizzard changed the orcish shamanism from necromantic (in Warcraft Adventures, Thrall had to learn necromantic magic to become a shaman) to elemental in WC3.

If anything, it's nice that Chronicles brings back the necromantic shamanism side of the Shadowmoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Got a notification mail from the online shop that my copy of the book will probably be delivered tomorrow (idk why but hey I ain't complaining).

May post some pictures of the artwork if I have time.
    where it you order from? cause amazon is still saying release on the 14th

Not as interesting as the first book, but good nonetheless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrafterM View Post
    Not as interesting as the first book, but good nonetheless.
    There are still 3 more chapters in the book:

CHAPTER 4: THE FIRST WAR
    CHAPTER 5: THE SECOND WAR
    CHAPTER 6: BEYOND THE DARK PORTAL
    That's the juicy part, finally entering on the Warcraft timeline.

7+ Year Old Account
    Added Part 8: The Drums of War and Part 9: The Blood of Mannoroth to the OP.
    Last edited by Kontinuum; 2017-03-05 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    where it you order from? cause amazon is still saying release on the 14th
    People don't always order from Amazon m8.

As a Dutch, idk if Amazon even delivers to my country.
    I guess it does, but why pay extra for overseas shipping when I have a national goliath that I can count on.
    https://www.bol.com/nl/index.html
    Last edited by mmoce1f817744b; 2017-03-05 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    Confirmed, the Void is fricking powerful, Cho'gall learned about the Hour of Twilight from the Pale and created the Twilight's Hammer with them.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    makes sense, void is one of the two most powerful forces.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I have the impression that Maim does have a full name, just like Rend. I can't remember what it was and where I saw it, thought. You may be right about it being Maim'gar, but I'm not sure.
    I might have been thinking of Fran'zok and Hans'gar.

Y'know, I always thought those two should have been Blackhand's sons. And if not them then Rend and Maim should have been in Hellfire Citadel to avenge their dead dad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Part 10 is up. Then it's the First War!

- - - Updated - - -

• Kilrogg led BH orcs to Farahlon to destroy last bastion of Primals
    • Ogre shipwrights built ships for them, Kilrogg accustomed to jungles of Farahlon
    • Orcs leeched life and set forests ablaze, killing every genesaur and botani
    • Cho’gall sought out and killed Imperator Mar’gok armed with void and fel
    • Bound Mar’gok to his throne with magic and burned him alive
    • Kargath slaughtered high arrakoa, threw bodies from spire, then turned on Outcasts
    • Hunger continued, Dragonmaw ate their rylaks, Warsong ate their own wolves
    • WS, Bonechewer, Laughing Skull, Shattered Hand, Thunderlord lost to madness
    Draenor was #savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Confirmed, the Void is fricking powerful, Cho'gall learned about the Hour of Twilight from the Pale and created the Twilight's Hammer with them.
    Am I the only one that knew about this?

I mean, the two most powerful forces in the universe are as goes: The Legion/Void.

The two forces needed to balance ALL of creation are as goes: Light/Void.

Void is EVERYWHERE! The Void Lords are masters over the void. And in my eyes, the only reason as to why they haven't corrupted a full on titan yet, is likely because they're in other dimension, so their corruption over a big titan just wears off in the third dimension, because they're beyond the speeds of dimensional travel...

So, while their corruption might start out strong, when they go down to the third dimension (AKA The Lower Dimension), the corruption is weakened due to time. Hence, why the void lords went for the weakest titans, while creating black holes (Wormholes/Rifts between dimensions), to summon forth the Old Gods (Beings that are only Mountain LVL in strength).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Anybody else struggled to make it through this? Draenor is so fucking boring and ultimately irrelevant except for the Orcs.
    Kind of sad, but true...

Note: I think that it would have made this a little bit more interesting if we had a reason to (Like the Overgrowth leaking into Azeroth -that was a dungeon and we "killed" it)