Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I love Canada for multiple reasons, but simple bite-size comparisons of countries never goes well. Canada has a multitude of its own problems too.

I'd hope anyone looking to move actually does a fair bit more research than a simple infograph.

While many like to criticize the US/The 'West' for all of its issues, you need only take a few steps in more under-developed nations to appreciate what you have. Though among 1st-world nations the problems in each differ vastly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    For all of those thinking about moving to glorious Canadia land of the free.

3. The weather during all 4 seasons can only be described thus.....
    [IMG]https://i.imgflip.com/15bha8.jpg[/MG]
    I want to move there even more now. Fuck the summer sun.

Deleted
    You forgot to mention the biggedt cons: their fanaticism for multiculturalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Astigmatizm View Post
    I love Canada for multiple reasons, but simple bite-size comparisons of countries never goes well. Canada has a multitude of its own problems too.
    Indeed. I'm grateful for being in the US versus, say, Afghanistan. Especially as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Oh I assure you that Ontario and BC are propping up the rest of Canada. It's really no different there where some areas usually with the highest populations have more money and success.

And considering the demographic differences you would think Canada should be doing a lot better then this.
    Do you know anything about Canada? Ontario has turned into a have not province. Its just the west in general that props up the east...

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    I mean Canada is hardcore carried by like three provinces I think.
    If you are talking about Quebec, you fell for that meme my friend. Its ON, BC, and AB.
    And speakig of alberta, they are basically canada's Texas, a bunch of racists cowboys who think they deserve everything because they have oil(sands).

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    U.S. nor Canada have not even begun to re-educate, yet this is popping up. Liberal nonsense. It is MAKE America great again not MADE, that includes you and if all you can MAKE is post biased liberal statistics you really need to.... Already.
    Yes, yes, facts and reality are liberal biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
    Do you know anything about Canada? Ontario has turned into a have not province. Its just the west in general that props up the east...
    I know the west provides a lot of energy and Ontario has debt issues but it's economy is still the biggest.

It is statistics from two liberal governments. Whatever you make of it, it's got nothing to do with making America great again.
    I'm still not sure what time period we're meant to aspire to when America was great.

Venice Beach, Near Los Angeles

Ontario Canada.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Canada is really cool. LinusTechTips is from Canada !
    The worst person out there to get actual Tech Tips from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

Excuse me? Do I sense jealousy of him having the worlds best job? Apple employee are you?
    Lol dont know what Linus not knowing what he's talking about most of the time have to do with Apple or why that would imply I work for them? He does have a cool job though I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Chocolate and cocaine come from the same plant, after all, and chocolate isn't illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's nothing about affirmative action that is "racist".

American Stanley Cup

Canadian Stanley Cup

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    California has the same population as Canada but California has twice the GDP of Canada.
    I wonder how all other stats compare between california and canada..

are people twice as happy in california? live twice as long?
    I've no idea what to write here.

My suggestion would be to compare Canada to the states that are the most demographically and culturally similar. I don't think you'll find much difference between Minnesota and Canada, for example.

More broadly, normalizing for ethnicity would be instructive. The American numbers are dragged down significantly by the significantly lower performance of Latinos and African-Americans relative to whites and Asian-Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post

California is 4th in life expectancy. Behind Hawaii, Minnesota, and Connecticut. Mississippi is last

7+ Year Old Account
    So the cuurent generation of Candians are lazy and unambitious, interesting

From your link:

No generation of Canadians has ever had more and been able achieve more than us—and no generation has been less ambitious. We have all the tools and all the opportunity to do great things, but no purpose, no national project, no imagination and no sense of determination.

I think I might be getting trolled....

Did you know Canadians own a big chunk of Florida?

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post

Yeah I never understood why people care about GDP. I think they're confusing GDP for PPP, there's no GDP Olympics where you get a special prize for living in a country that produces the most crap.

Also neither GDP or PPP translates to quality of life.