Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Francois Hollande thinks something? Whatever will we Brits do?

The guy wants to get a hold of his own political affairs and his own shambles of a country before he starts to worry about us leaving the EU, the berk is the most unpopular president on record and disliked by practically everyone in France.

The funny thing is that Britain probably would have voted to stay in the EU if it was to remain in the single market for which it was originally setup for. Slowly but surely it has become this ridiculous money sink, with over exuberant legislation that is used to prop up a failed experiment - the euro currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockyreg View Post
    And that sums up what is wrong with the EU. The are actively threatening their citizen's livelihoods purely to make political points.
    No one is punishing anyone. They are just saying UK will be treated just like a non EU country. If they don't do that, EU will coming trembling down.
    Imagine of you can keep Brussels off your behinds and keep accessing the single market?

This is such a pointless statement. Non-EU country won't have EU perks? Thanks, Captain Obvious. No one could have predicted that. What will you be Hollande's next glorious discovery? That the water is wet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    The funny thing is that Britain probably would have voted to stay in the EU if it was to remain in the single market for which it was originally setup for. Slowly but surely it has become this ridiculous money sink, with over exuberant legislation that is used to prop up a failed experiment - the euro currency.
    The even funnier thing it wasn't just a single market by the time UK even joined. The pinnacle of fun though is that UK was one of the countries who pushed for further integration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    No one is punishing anyone. They are just saying UK will be treated just like a non EU country. If they don't do that, EU will coming trembling down.
    Imagine of you can keep Brussels off your behinds and keep accessing the single market?
    But we're leaving the single market anyway? Says so in the brexit bill that's currently being bounced around the House of Commons and lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    This is such a pointless statement. Non-EU country won't have EU perks? Thanks, Captain Obvious. No one could have predicted that. What will you be Hollande's next glorious discovery? That the water is wet?
    Look at this thread and tell me again that it was unecessary to repeat this point again and again.

The fact of the matter is the UK will never be 'just like a non-EU country' as so many things are intertwined. If all it takes is negotiating a free trade deal with the UK which it currently has (albeit with some tweaks) to bring down the EU, then you have to ask yourself is the EU strong enough in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which non-EU country are they going to present with a €60bn bill?

There is a lot of anti-EU sentiment across the continent, if they make the EU look like the bad guy, then that will only increase the resentment felt and play into the hands of those anti-EU politicians. As I said earlier, they need to find a way that is satisfactory for the UK, whilst also showing that EU membership is beneficial for its own sake, not trying to maintain order through threats to those who consider leaving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Altarion View Post
    It has clearly escaped your notice that the EU is a failing trade block. Why is EU average GDP growth lagging behind the USA? Why does the EU have higher average unemployment than the USA?
    A few reasons; Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, basically the third-world leeches of southern Europe.

Note that I'm of Italian descent but I'm fortunate enough to live in civilised Amsterdam.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    But we're leaving the single market anyway? Says so in the brexit bill that's currently being bounced around the House of Commons and lords.
    Then why would you call it "punishment" if you wan't to do it anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    EU is a cesspool of numerous races, unlike most of the world which have ethnic interests intact
    "cesspool of races" "ethnic interests"

yeah sure mate

u could profit greatly from ou very performing tax funded mental health hospitals

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Then why would you call it "punishment" if you wan't to do it anyway.
    Never called it punishment. I'm happy to leave the single market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    A few reasons; Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, basically the third-world leeches of southern Europe.

Note that I'm of Italian descent but I'm fortunate enough to live in civilised Amsterdam.
    Inferring that Southern Europe isn't civilised, how very classy of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Which non-EU country are they going to present with a €60bn bill?
    The UK.
    Since they took part in the decision making for the spending of those sums and thus have responsibilities for a few more years.
    They will be presented the bill while they are still in the EU, it just won't expire for no reason when they leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Inferring that Southern Europe isn't civilised, how very classy of you.
    In my opinion, it isn't. Civilisation has to comply to certain standards, which quite a few southern countries do not do.

Ever seen the difference between a hospital in Italy/Greece/Spain/etc. and one in The Netherlands/Germany/Sweden/etc.? What about the roads? Or average individual debt? Or criminal statistics? Or integration?
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2017-03-06 at 10:49 AM.

Look at this thread and tell me again that it was unecessary to repeat this point again and again.
    These people wouldn't get it even if you tattooed it onto their eyeballs. Still pointless.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The even funnier thing it wasn't just a single market by the time UK even joined. The pinnacle of fun though is that UK was one of the countries who pushed for further integration.
    The key point here is that this was done without the consensus of the UK electorate. Previous UK governments are the ones at fault here, from the time they took the UK into the EEC and the first EU referendum they failed to explain to the UK electorate what this would eventually entail (remember there was no internet back then so information was not easy to come by like it is today). The UK government then championed for the expansion eastwards of the EU purely to get access to cheaper labour for their businesses, again without the consent of the UK electorate. And people wonder why the UK voted they way it did when they got the first chance in over 40 years to really give their view on the UK relationship with the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarion View Post
    It has clearly escaped your notice that the EU is a failing trade block. Why is EU average GDP growth lagging behind the USA? Why does the EU have higher average unemployment than the USA? Why would the UK want to continue to be bound by the EU rules and regulations that have produced this economic failure? The largest single failure of the EU is the Euro: Never in all of economic history has a group of nations engaged in an such an act of stupiditity as the Euro. The Euro project must be dismantled. The UK wants to be free of the dogma and failure that is the EU: The UK wants to look to the rest of the World, which is the future. Very sensible of the UK to vote to leave the EU.
    the EU is the biggest economy in the world, just because a couple of countries have issues, which they would have regarldess of the EU, doesn't mean the entire thing failed.

If anything is a failure in this discussion is the Anti-EU folks that like to blame everything on the EU while at the same time ignore decades worth of history and the overall prosperity that we enjoyed since forming the block. The UK joined the EU because they where lagging in growth behind the countries that where part of the EU (pre calling it EU).

I would give up the accepting refugee perk and non visa travel perk first.

These people wouldn't get it even if you tattooed it onto their eyeballs. Still pointless.
    So it's just for the record, so what?

So it's just for the record, so what?
    Pretty sure I made my point clear in what you just quoted, but whatever.