im sure you mean 80k... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Perks of owning retro consoles . Got like a few classics on Wii U VC and that's it.
    oh i agree, i will not be purchasing anymore vc games untill they stop fucking us, ill play them on my cube or n64.

I have been enjoying my switch a lot, aside from the masterpiece that is Zelda, fast RMX is a good amount of fun, I have already had more use out of this than my xbox one.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    im sure you mean 80k... lol
    Oops, I did. gonna fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I have been enjoying my switch a lot, aside from the masterpiece that is Zelda, fast RMX is a good amount of fun, I have already had more use out of this than my xbox one.
    you must have not turned your xbox on then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    you must have not turned your xbox on then.
    Some extra info, I bought an xbox one a few weeks ago, I had one at launch, but it broke :/

When I bought I xbox one I rebought Shadow of Mordor, Halo 5, and then I went out and got ESO and Skyrim remastered.
    I don't enjoy Halo 5 for anything other than multiplayer, and even still...I get sick of it fast
    I already played through Mordor 3 times on my PC so... Not much excitement there.
    ESO is eh
    Skyrim remastered is a waste of money.

So far Switch has given me some of my best moments in a video game(s) I have had in years. This month I will probably by pocket rumple, I am Setsuna, and Shovel Knight: SoT

But lets not argue about the xbox one, my point was simply Switch is the only console I enjoy atm.
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post

Mind the Switch hasn't gone through it's full week yet, so we'll see better numbers on this once Friday rolls around.
    Its first week sales are Monday-Sunday, thats how its always classed, so the Ps3 released on a Friday sold 165k by the end of Sunday. You don't wait till the next Friday to record 'first week sales'. Nintendo have never been stron in the UK, so I'd be more interested in US/Japan.

- - - Updated - - -

Some extra info, I bought an xbox one a few weeks ago, I had one at launch, but it broke :/

When I bought I xbox one I rebought Shadow of Mordor, Halo 5, and then I went out and got ESO and Skyrim remastered.
    I don't enjoy Halo 5 for anything other than multiplayer, and even still...I get sick of it fast
    I already played through Mordor 3 times on my PC so... Not much excitement there.
    ESO is eh
    Skyrim remastered is a waste of money.

So far Switch has given me some of my best moments in a video game(s) I have had in years. This month I will probably by pocket rumple, I am Setsuna, and Shovel Knight: SoT

But lets not argue about the xbox one, my point was simply Switch is the only console I enjoy atm.
    You used the term more use, I doubt you had more use out of a 2 day old console than your Xbox. It may be semantics but objectively I can't see how you could have more playtime. Subjectively you enjoy new games compared to playing games you've already played. Not really surprising though is it.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-03-06 at 02:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    A comment on all the people talking about the frame rate dips in Zelda. I apologize if anyone else brought this up, but there are hundreds of pages here and I'm only reading a couple of them. I've only really experienced 1 noticeable dip so far (about 20 hours of gameplay in). It was, as everyone mentioned, when I was outside in a field of tall grass fighting something. After I killed the mobs though and was like, wtf, why did that just happen? I then realized I hadn't turned my camera on the enemy and the game's draw distance (which is freaking immense) was causing the dip coupled with the grass and fighting animations. Why did I need to see a tower that's miles away when I'm fighting a moblin? I think they could easily have prevented the frame rate drop if they lessened the draw distance a bit. I'll admit, its gorgeous. I've never seen a game that had a draw distance like that, but is it necessary to process that during combat? Perhaps when engaging in battle, they could reduce draw distance? Side note, holy shit. Just holy shit this game world is way bigger than I ever expected.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Its first week sales are Monday-Sunday, thats how its always classed, so the Ps3 released on a Friday sold 165k by the end of Sunday. You don't wait till the next Friday to record 'first week sales'.

- - - Updated - - -

You used the term more use, I doubt you had more use out of a 2 day old console than your Xbox. It may be semantics but objectively I can't see how you could have more playtime. Subjectively you enjoy new games compared to playing games you've already played. Not really surprising though is it.
    By more use I mean I have more of a reason to use it, it is bringing me joy for the 30 hours I have put into it over the weekend, and I keep wanting to go back to it.
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its hard to quantify draw distance, but is it really better than GTA 5? I mean that thing was insane even on a ps3.

- - - Updated - - -

By more use I mean I have more of a reason to use it, it is bringing me joy for the 30 hours I have put into it over the weekend, and I keep wanting to go back to it.
    I mean, you can bend the English language to suit any narrative so if thats what you're going for you're going to have to accept that its easily misinterpreted, its a poor use of the term.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...itch-in-the-uk

Game Industry.biz: Switch sold 80k units in it's opening weekend in the UK.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/838689117307273216

Comparison of UK launch week sales of other systems:

250k - PS4
    165k - PS3
    150k - XB1
    113k - 3DS
    105k - Wii
    70k - 360
    40k - Wii U

Mind the Switch hasn't gone through it's full week yet, so we'll see better numbers on this once Friday rolls around.
    Solid start. Hopefully it picks up as more stock comes in.
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Solid start. Hopefully it picks up as more stock comes in.
    UK (EU as a whole really) is a Sony/Xbox country, I don't see them 'picking up' massively from this. Nintendo don't have a strong history in the UK even in the NES/SNES days it was a SEGA stronghold, the more important numbers are the US/Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is no point in reading a post past a blatently false point.
    oh so you did read my post, realised oh shit i done goofed, he did say the wii sold better than the xbox later on. man if i had read all of it i wouldn't of made such a stupid post.

im going to give you the same courtesy and just not read your shit, don't bother replying i see why jt gets so annoyed with you.

http://nintendoeverything.com/bloods...ing-to-switch/

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is coming to the Switch.

Managed to snag a switch at a local store /cheer; if anyone has any random/weird questions they don't have answered yet (since they'd need a switch to know), feel free to ask.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh so I just answered one of my questions about VC and why it was probably delayed:

"Online capabilities being added to Classic games"

^ found this bit when I went on the eShop, so I'd imagine that's why VC's been delayed.

Another question answered: Yes, the cartridges actually do taste bad.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-03-06 at 04:38 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Spawn Wave took apart the JoyCons, so yes, we now know for sure that the left JoyCon issue is a HARDWARE issue. It basically has one small antenna built into the board while the right JoyCon has two antennae.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnMnke6lF0c
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Spawn Wave took apart the JoyCons, so yes, we now know for sure that the left JoyCon issue is a HARDWARE issue. It basically has one small antenna built into the board while the right JoyCon has two antennae.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnMnke6lF0c
    Have people had issues with that still? I tried to hold it behind my back the other day, and it worked perfectly. From just lounging on my couch and playing all weekend, don't think I ever once, for a second, had weird controller issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Have people had issues with that still? I tried to hold it behind my back the other day, and it worked perfectly. From just lounging on my couch and playing all weekend, don't think I ever once, for a second, had weird controller issues.
    No, mine work perfectly as well. Under the covers, behind my back, and outside of the room as well.

I will be waiting to by a set of the neon joy-cons however. :P
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I will be waiting to by a set of the neon joy-cons however. :P
    As a 90s kid, I needed to have the super rad and extreme neon colors. When I eventually buy a second set, I plan to get the reverse colors so I have a Red and Blue for both sides. The asymmetrical colors are messing with my OCD sometimes

Btw random question but is there something different with the neon joy-cons? I had two different Target employees kind of be biased against them (from their choice of words+tone); just struck me as weird. "We have two neon switches, if you wanted a neon one"; like what an odd thing to say. I'M A 90s KID, OF COURSE I WANT COLOR OVER DULL GREY!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    As a 90s kid, I needed to have the super rad and extreme neon colors. When I eventually buy a second set, I plan to get the reverse colors so I have a Red and Blue for both sides. The asymmetrical colors are messing with my OCD sometimes

Btw random question but is there something different with the neon joy-cons? I had two different Target employees kind of be biased against them (from their choice of words+tone); just struck me as weird. "We have two neon switches, if you wanted a neon one"; like what an odd thing to say. I'M A 90s KID, OF COURSE I WANT COLOR OVER DULL GREY!
    Oh man, I forgot that the separate sets of joycons are the reverse colors. I got one for my gf to play, even though we have no games, forgot to open it and go with the double blue/red of my choosing :P