T20 Fury Set Bonus PTR

(2) Bloodthirst critical strikes have a 50% chance to grant you Raging Thirst, increasing the damage of your Raging Blow by 50% for 8 sec.
    (4) Raging Blow increases the damage and healing of your next Bloodthirst by 20%(50% with IR) stacking up to 10 times.

You guys think Blizz is trying to propagate a Frenzy build with this new Tier?
    Last edited by Thogroic; 2017-03-02 at 01:08 PM.

I heard that they buffed Inner Rage to make it viable still? Hopefully that's true, I love the way fury plays with a rotational use of RB.

Edit: i should clarify, I heard that they modified IR to be viable still when the 4pc is equipped.
    Last edited by Ceowulf; 2017-03-02 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thogroic View Post
    (2) Bloodthirst critical strikes have a 50% chance to grant you Raging Thirst, increasing the damage of your Raging Blow by 50% for 8 sec.
    (4) Raging Blow increases the damage and healing of your next Bloodthirst by 50% stacking up to 10 times.

You guys think Blizz is trying to propagate a Frenzy build with this new Tier?
    It's crap, and doesn't really favor Frenzy any more than IR.

• The 2p works fairly equally well with either - you're either buffing more weaker RB's, or less stronger ones; overall it's not a huge difference.
    • The 4p is just plain stupid - you'll never purposefully stack it more than 1-3 times (depending on whether or not you're using IR).

Your 4p description is also slightly incorrect - Inner Rage talented Raging Blows buff Bloodthirst by 50%; regular (Frenzy/BB talented) Raging Blows buff it by 20%. If anything, this actually favors IR, since it would take 3 RB's to (slightly more than) equal the buff given by 1 IR RB, and using three would require delaying Bloodthirst.

All this is extra though; there are three even more important issues with the tier bonuses:

1. It doesn't synergize.
    • The 2p encourages you to use BT as often as possible, to fish for crits, to fish for the Raging Blow bonus.
    • The 4p encourages you to delay BT in order to stack the buff higher (which Fury would almost never want to do).

2. It doesn't work during Execute. Quite simply, Fury doesn't have enough GCDs;
    • to use Frenzy for TfB to make BT crit.
    • to use BT to fish for RB bonus damage.
    • to use RB for damage/rage gen/buff BT.
    • to use Execute for damage/Juggernaut. All within the span of three GCDs.

3. The 2p doesn't work very well with Rampage.
    • The more rage generated (7.2 artifact traits), the more often you use Rampage, which means less FS, which means less BT crits and less bonus damage.
    • Reckless Abandon means we want to open with Rampage, which means you're not going to be using BT for the RB bonus.

4pc bonus is the Fury "Focused Rage" muahahah, next you'll have colossus smash!

Deleted
    this is just stupid, i liked the first version much better.

Obviously subject to change and number crunching, but I'm sensing another "use last tier's set bonus instead."

I wish I knew wtf was going on in blizzard's mind when designing tier bonuses. the original pass had a better 4p and a worse 2p, but at least they didn't contradict each other's gameplay priorities, as Arch as explained. I want to mix and match them and have the current 2(bt increasing rb damage) and the old 4p of enrage granting 6 rage, basically giving all fury warriors access to most of what the bis legendary helm does. Maybe blizzard thought that those WITH the legendary helm would just be getting way too much rage (pre legendary nerf levels, almost) and thought against it. I'd rather that be the case than what we have now. I really hope the bonuses get tweaked again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrin View Post
    I wish I knew wtf was going on in blizzard's mind when designing tier bonuses. the original pass had a better 4p and a worse 2p, but at least they didn't contradict each other's gameplay priorities, as Arch as explained. I want to mix and match them and have the current 2(bt increasing rb damage) and the old 4p of enrage granting 6 rage, basically giving all fury warriors access to most of what the bis legendary helm does. Maybe blizzard thought that those WITH the legendary helm would just be getting way too much rage (pre legendary nerf levels, almost) and thought against it. I'd rather that be the case than what we have now. I really hope the bonuses get tweaked again.
    The last 4p bonus was objectively worse IMO; this one isn't exactly overpowered, but in terms of raw damage, it's not horrible. The real issue is that the concept just kind of sucks.

As explained in my feedback post, I'm fairly certain the idea is to give Fury bonuses which influence its middling average damage without emphasizing its already high burst/execute damage.

Deleted
    Since we're only using 4/6 of the current set pieces I believe the new 2P bonus would be great with our current 2/4P at least for those like me, who don't have the lege helm or cloak.

Of course this'll only work for a time after 7.2 before the T19 set pieces start falling too much behind in ilvl, unless you have really good rolls on them.

You run into issues with 2p t19 and 4p t20 if you have any of the bis legendary's for fury.

It probably won't happen but they need to bake both the t19 set bonuses permanently into the spec, that's how it should perform by default.

My personal feeling is that I would love to see the set bonuses revolve around rampage and enrage. That's what the spec is supposed to be about.

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    You run into issues with 2p t19 and 4p t20 if you have any of the bis legendary's for fury.

It probably won't happen but they need to bake both the t19 set bonuses permanently into the spec, that's how it should perform by default.

My personal feeling is that I would love to see the set bonuses revolve around rampage and enrage. That's what the spec is supposed to be about.
    2p/4p makes me angry as a concept when specs like ret and fire have their BIS items on non-volatile pieces like bracers and belts.

Agreed that something like this isn't likely to happen, but with how diablofied this game is becoming, a feature like this would no longer seem out of place, and would actually add a even more fun way to progress your character over the course of an expansion. the problem then becomes that the tier bonuses need to be tuned around such a mechanic and not become way to overpowered and or contradict each other's gameplay in weird ways. as a concept, though, i think it would be cool to "forge" or add old tier bonuses directly onto your character the same way you can keep a legendary bonus in diablo from a piece you aren't wearing. it would also feel -that- much better to not have to leave old tier bonuses behind that are either better or just more fun that whatever the newest set has. there has to be a way to weave this in!

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrin View Post
    Agreed that something like this isn't likely to happen, but with how diablofied this game is becoming, a feature like this would no longer seem out of place, and would actually add a even more fun way to progress your character over the course of an expansion. the problem then becomes that the tier bonuses need to be tuned around such a mechanic and not become way to overpowered and or contradict each other's gameplay in weird ways. as a concept, though, i think it would be cool to "forge" or add old tier bonuses directly onto your character the same way you can keep a legendary bonus in diablo from a piece you aren't wearing. it would also feel -that- much better to not have to leave old tier bonuses behind that are either better or just more fun that whatever the newest set has. there has to be a way to weave this in!
    I have no idea if it's true but I've been told that they've baked set bonuses into specs in the past if they felt too mandatory, much like fury's are.

I have no idea if it's true but I've been told that they've baked set bonuses into specs in the past if they felt too mandatory, much like fury's are.
    Strong misconception of what constitutes "mandatory", however.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Strong misconception of what constitutes "mandatory", however.
    About as mandatory as playing the game is mandatory I guess. Sure it's not required but they make it feel a lot better than without, they make it feel like a complete spec.

About as mandatory as playing the game is mandatory I guess. Sure it's not required but they make it feel a lot better than without, they make it feel like a complete spec.
    Well any bonus should make the spec feel better with it than without it, but that doesn't mean that every bonus is "mandatory" either. In fact very few are, which is why very few are ever baked in. Not to mention that baking a bonus in while the tier/expansion is still current causes gear issues as the bonus on existing gear needs to be changed - wasting development time.

Personally, I don't think either of the bonuses we have are, they could be easily replicated in other ways. Simply increasing BT's crit chance (or any other change which increases Enrage uptime) accomplishes the same basic goal. Funny enough, both tier bonuses actually devalue quite noticeably as BT's crit rate/rage gen/rampage use increase.

I would call something like a fix for crit more of a "mandatory" bonus, as without it, crit continues to be a universally avoided stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Well any bonus should make the spec feel better with it than without it, but that doesn't mean that every bonus is "mandatory" either. In fact very few are, which is why very few are ever baked in. Not to mention that baking a bonus in while the tier/expansion is still current causes gear issues as the bonus on existing gear needs to be changed - wasting development time.

Personally, I don't think either of the bonuses we have are, they could be easily replicated in other ways. Simply increasing BT's crit chance (or any other change which increases Enrage uptime) accomplishes the same basic goal. Funny enough, both tier bonuses actually devalue quite noticeably as BT's crit rate/rage gen/rampage use increase.

I would call something like a fix for crit more of a "mandatory" bonus, as without it, crit continues to be a universally avoided stat.
    That's generally what I mean when I say they should be baked in.

All i can say about T20 set bonus is i will probably be going Arms.The T 20 set bonus for fury is...well stupid and makes no sense.I really hope they re work it it just doesn't work.