Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Means to destroy Sargeras

A trap for a Titan.

It's still a hottest point of debates. From one point of view, Sargeras is being heavily up as an endboss, spotlighted, told a lot about, etc. All other major figures of Legion showed off, fought, killed. So he's a climax, any other turn would drastically break down the tension. No other viable target for things as mighty at the Artifacts to be drained.
    On the other hand is what you all know well: BIGGAH DUN PLENIT!!!1.

Okay. First, just to focus a standpoint: IF that reason be valid reason that he can't fight him now, it will NEVER be possible to fight him. At all. Because at no circumstance we ever will grow to size as big as continents, okay?

If he's bossed not in Legion, that's 2 ways - he pops out of nowhere at some later xpac, or another xpac where he is footaged again. Just imagine in WotLK we destroy Scourge and its generals like Putricide, who is an expansion boss (so cool, yeah?), then Arthas kills us all and goes somewhere away. After all the quests and books and other focus he had, lol. Only to appear several expansions later to steal our kill on Kil'Jaeden or Azshara and become a SUDDEN SURPRISE ENDBOSS! Or just reiterate Scourge assault again, but we are strongah now, so we beat him. Both is extremely, dramatically stupid and moronian variants. But people are ripping their asses inside out to write crap like this, only to deny Legion the endboss it's being built up to since beginning, every bit of our epic struggle to bring any bit of power and any allies, EVEN Lich King, Old Gods and Elemental Lords, all to gather power sufficient to match the Dark Titan.

But yeah, I remember, biggah dun plenit.
    Let's make a very likely proposition, which is supported by various facts.
    Sargeras CAN manipulate his size and shrink himself. Without losing his power, too.
    Evidence to the latter: Archimonde in HFC, Hyjal etc is TIMES larger than Kil'Jaeden in ToS, latter is quite tiny compared to Archi, but it's obvious that it no way diminishes his magical power.
    So, Sargeras, too, can manipulate his size at will. I even have a hypothesis - in his "planet-size" form he is comprised of more ethereal matter, like stardust, titans likely use this form to travel. He surely can utilize it to fight and manipulate his energy, e.g. to project a blade to slice some watermellons, planets etc.

BUT.

He likely can shrink and appear just BIG, like Ragnaros, or Avatar, or any. Reasons: on his first crusade, he FOUGHT demons, not WIPED them like we wipe dust from cupboard with a rag. He might had a reason - not to wipe all being on the planets he wisited, but specifically demons. But he had to land in full powers, because there were hordes and lots of them, if he projected only avatar, they would destroy them with numbers one by one until he would be drained out of powers. Not an option.

Secondly, he prepared to enter Azeroth during WotA through a portal in the Well. Well is a lake, not a hole of entrance for a planet-sized creature.
    But amounts of energy at work was unparalleled, not avatar-sized. So he was entering in full power, but in comprehensible size. And Brox actually scratched his leg. You can't scratch a leg of a planet.

Arguably, he also personnally fought Toranaar, King of the Aldrachi, and the latter wounded him in the chest, bleeding the titan. Yes, nathrezim write that could POSSIBLY be an avatar. But it was not stated as a fact, and I doubt it can be the case. Reasons: firstly, powers at work. Even regular Aldrachi are describe supremely powerful, one warrior at cost of hundreds of demons. They were WAY above us, Azerothians. Yet, our champion, Aegwynn, was able to defeat the Avatar, of which Sargaras never cared a bit.
    Yet it's unlikely that king of Aldrachi was weaker that he could to nothing to the Avatar. If he's weaker that Avatar, Archimonde would pwn him, too, and then it's no reason for Sarg to take any action. So likely Toranaar rpwned Archimonde, that was unique and thus demanded Sargeras' attention. So I think Sargeras actually came in his full power, toyed with Toranaar for days of fighting, but king tricked him and dealt a blow, wounding Sarg, who was ENRAGED. Yet he never shown ANY concern or emotion over losing Avatar to Aegwynn. Looks like he was scared that even HE himself, can be wounded by other than his kin.

So, my statement: Sargeras can shrink his size while traveling through the Twisting Nether and arrive on planets through portals. It this state, he is just as strong in terms of magic, as he usually is.

What is his exact power? Simply, it is equal to a sum of magic of a whole planet. Which is immense and not comparable to any single creature, but still has a limit, planets can be broken. It's much harder to break a titan than a planet, because he, too, can use his power against you.

Now, why he will arrive at Argus in shrinked size? I see 2 reasons. First - he doesn't want to destroy his main base only to kill us, invaders, for same reasons as before, just reversed sides.
    Second: he is physically far away from Argus, but can easily access it via Nether, through portal, which requires smaller size to enter. Likely the case, first thing Kil'Jaeden must've done is to build a stable portal on Argus for his master to activate and enter in urgent cases quickly, when necessary.

And he's not a bit feared to appear being small, because his power is still the same, we are no threat in his eyes.

So finally, HOW do we defeat him? So, we will be able to technilally fight him. But his power is equal to magical energy of a planet. Simply - we need same. And we can have it if we blow Argus AND focus all the energy of its explosion not just outwards, but focused at a spot, at him.
    So, Illidan has already made needed calculations, I guess.
    But some power will still be lost, so we need more.

Here go ARTIFACTS. They are all powerful. Warblades once actually pierced his skin and bleeded him. Sataiel planned to use Ulthalesh on him, considering to rival him one day.
    Scepter was strong enough to shatter Draenor. And so on.

BUT HE KILLED WHOLE PANTHEON!
    Just read more carefully, okay? He was backed up by thousands of demons to distract titans. AND, they, as pure Arcane, had EXTREME vulnerability to Fel. Just pressed a great weak spot on them. But Light and possibly Nature are far more resistant to Fel. So, ARMY OF THE LIGHT and NAARU in person will aid us on Argus, and so we can withstand his attacks. Then we use artifacts to their full power to wound him, break some defences, EXACTLY like we did with Deathwing and his plates, then kite him to a designated spot, wounded and armor exposed, for the focused blow of Argus being imploded, which will vanquish him for good.

So, our mission is EXTREMELY hard. We must repel all the might of Legion on it's own base, cut off opened reinforcements portals, repurpose them to make planet-blowing trap ready, clear his remaining generals in the Palace, do all that before his emergency portal is ready and he enters.
    It will take all artifacts powers, all buffs from Keepers, all the Army of the Light and the Naaru only to withstand his assaults and just wound and weaken him a lilttle before he unleashes his full power.
    Then he must be kited to a very certain spot. Likely Illidan wants us to somehow not just blow Argus, but to reflect Sargeras' own attack that could break planet, back at him, blowing a planet and adding this expulsion to his own unleashed attack, focusing it right at him. That would take constructing IMMENSE and wery complicated trap, way bigger than for Archimonde or Deathwing. Yet still, power of exploding planet + his reflected own blast on weakened and wounded Sargeras should be enough to tear him apart.

And remember the direct words of Xal'atath: "you must hurry and defeat the fallen titan, there are greater battles yet to fight".
    Last edited by Explorer; 2017-03-07 at 01:57 PM.

Illidan will pull some mary sue bullshit and toss out some deus ex that he's had the whole time because he's our savior.

Wouldn't even be surprised if somehow the keystone also was a weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    And remember the direct words of Xal'atath: "you must hurry and defeat the fallen titan, there are greater battles yet to fight".
    I wonder which motivations an old-god based diety could have to keep pushing us into hurrying, making a quick push and making sure we would both weaken ourselves and Sargeras...

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Illidan will pull some mary sue bullshit and toss out some deus ex that he's had the whole time because he's our savior.
    As bad, as it is; THIS! :/

Well... one could always use it to open a portal inside his gi-normic body and tear him appart...
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-03-07 at 01:48 PM.

Truth: I did not read this whole post. But just saying my opinion on how we might beat Sargeras. The titans are very weak to fel energy, Sargeras is still a titan, not a demon. So he would be as well. It's most likely why the Army of Light is losing, and needs Illidan. Since he was granted Fel power right from Sargeras, and has only gained more.

Do you even know what either of those phrases mean, or are you just parroting them because others do? Judging by the context of how you're using them...no you don't. (here is where you google the phrases to make it look like you do).
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

The only problem I have is there hasn't been any interaction with Sargeras like at all so far in Legion and making him endboss after him being actually there for just one patch is waste imo. I would like more if expansion focuses on dismantling the Burning Legion as organized force without actually killing Sargeras... Sargeras can easily fit in Void story arc, ecspecially because he alone is probably the most knowledgable being in the universe atm. I never understood why WoW has to be like crossing threats of the list and one can't appear in the story where main theme is other.

Also if they make him giant fiery personality-less threat yelling moron I am gonna be really dissapointed. Never liked how chronicle depiction of him was like he's so insane you can't even speak with him (little hyperbole but you know what I mean). I would much rather like if he tries to sway us to his side, like he tried with Aldrachi champion, and writers give him some cool speech that will left you wonder for a second if the guy is actually right and it really is that hopeless.

I think he's too big character for writers to muck this one up. I expect/hope they write something inovative & cool that will really turn the whole idea of Azeroth on it's head but maybe I am hoping too much.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-03-07 at 02:13 PM.

Do you even know what either of those phrases mean, or are you just parroting them because others do? Judging by the context of how you're using them...no you don't. (here is where you google the phrases to make it look like you do).
    Naw, I do. Thanks though. Sorry you were triggered.

Sargeras is nesting in Argus since he lost his body.
    Reason why Gul'Dan was told to get Illidan's corpse.
    Reason why Gul'Dan used the Eye of Aman'thul at the Nightwell and why he's channeling Sargeras' soul from Argus (which you can see in the ending cinematic) to Illidan's body through the portal.
    Reason why Kil'Jaeden is investigating the Tomb Of Sargeras to find the Fallen Avatar.

The Fallen Titan is nesting in Argus, a planet soaked with Fel Magic because of him.

I truely believe that we'll have to blow up the planet to get rid of Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    Reason why Gul'Dan used the Eye of Aman'thul at the Nightwell and why he's channeling Sargeras' soul from Argus (which you can see in the ending cinematic) to Illidan's body through the portal.
    Reason why Kil'Jaeden is investigating the Tomb Of Sargeras to find the Fallen Avatar.

The Fallen Titan is nesting in Argus, a planet soaked with Fel Magic because of him.

That's an interesting theory, and would explain a lot considering the different states of Argus in the various images released.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

But he never lost his body as of Chroncles.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That's an interesting theory, and would explain a lot considering the different states of Argus in the various images released.
    And while we're on Argus to find a way to destroy the Planet/Sargeras, somebody will steal the Pillars of Creation to close the gate at the Tomb Of Sargeras and in the same time open N'Zoth's prison which is in the deepest grounds of the Temple of Elune (the Temple was built over the Old Gold's vault).
    And we will be trapped on Argus' side, somebody will have to help us to open portals from Argus' side (oh Medhiv can you hear us? Open Karazhan's gate!)

Probably gonna be some X'era infused Illidan combined with all of the AP we farmed this expansion

This, because Illidan was always good and right, we are the monsters here, we didnt understand him, he is our savior, the Purple Yisus.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    We know the Exodar is being repaired, and from the Shard of Exodar legendary we know the Exodar can travel through dimensions and it can manipulate time. I sense a Doctor Strange vs Dormammu kind of thing happening.

"The draenei capital city is able to transcend dimensions and even warp time itself. What could a sliver of its power do in the hands of a mere mortal?""

I think everything is pointing towards us on the Exodar vs Sargeras.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post

The reason why he needs Illidan's body was for it to act as his avatar. He can't get to Azeroth any other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could probably destabilize Sargeras' internal energy to make him explode. Use some surge needles to harness his ley lines and bust him open like Outland.

So, Sargeras, too, can manipulate his size at will. I even have a hypothesis - in his "planet-size" form he is comprised of more ethereal matter, like stardust, titans likely use this form to travel. He surely can utilize it to fight and manipulate his energy, e.g. to project a blade to slice some watermellons, planets etc.
    They have physical forms and his blade is not a projection.

And Brox actually scratched his leg. You can't scratch a leg of a planet.
    Sure you can. Have you ever used a shovel?

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    We know the Exodar is being repaired, and from the Shard of Exodar legendary we know the Exodar can travel through dimensions and it can manipulate time. I sense a Doctor Strange vs Dormammu kind of thing happening.

"The draenei capital city is able to transcend dimensions and even warp time itself. What could a sliver of its power do in the hands of a mere mortal?""

I think everything is pointing towards us on the Exodar vs Sargeras.
    Exodar assaulting Sargeras image leaked:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120521124402
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Could probably destabilize Sargeras' internal energy to make him explode. Use some surge needles to harness his ley lines and bust him open like Outland.

They have physical forms and his blade is not a projection.

Sure you can. Have you ever used a shovel?
    Using a shovel on Sargeras is depilation, not a wound

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Exodar assaulting Sargeras image leaked:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120521124402
    Which is exactly how Strange vs Dormammu looked like. However time > anything and anyone.

We defeat sargeras because as far as the pantheon and legion are concerned we are azeroth is the only known titan world soul and the most powerful one at that.

Azeroths titans spirit energy empowers the mortals of azeroth and those alien to it. Its azeroths spirit which has guided us to accomplish the impossible pushing the legion back. Destroyi ng archimonde, destroying arthas , killing old gods directly.

We will destroy sargeras because we are the avatars of the last titan. Azeroths lifeblood flows through all of us.

Also he WILL be destroyed this expansion because we will never have these weapons again the most powerful weapons in the cosmos which they are period the end.

The pillars the fact we go to their stronghold of argus and cheoncile vol2s confirmation that sargeras sought out and needed the eredar to focus his legion.

This is the end of the legions story. We will spiral towards the void after and learn more. Perhaps the connection to the narru and void is much closer than we thought considering thw twilights hammer clan was formed by listening to the void lords through dying narru. Entrophius perhaps is in effect another void lord the is the counterpart for Muru.

For every narru there is a polar opposite. Maybe the natrus war against the legion is linked to the voids desire for the legions destruction in a sinister twist. The future will evolve the story.

Also gor those of you saying anduin is old so the game has years left. In the nether aka argus time is meaningless time in not a thing. Turalyon says he has been fighting the legion for centuries but its been less than 30 years since the sons of lothar went Draenor.

Anduin being on argus while we are in nether leaves time for him to age. Leaves time for the black empire to gather its strength on azeroth and reemerge.

The stage is set. The plot is obvious.

Naw, I do. Thanks though. Sorry you were triggered.
    You seem to have some past relations with illidan, mate, mind if you tell me them?

Idk who's more triggered. You, for speaking about all this illidan smack, or the other guy who was just asking you a simple question.

(Spoilers: It might be a surprise).

As much as I gripe on legion for some of its problems, I don't do such 24/7.

Legion has Time-sinks, annoying areas to get through, and some Lore-BS!

Vanilla had the exact same (Back when I played in 2004, never touching "Those" things).

Yet, I LOVED THEM BOTH!

Sure, illidan's bullshit might annoy me, but...then again...from all the shady shit he did, half of the time, he's been trying to destroy the legion.

Back in TBC, the belves attacked the blood-knights, and people just believed that it was all illidans plans, we thought that illidan did EVERYTHING in BC.

When, in reality, all he did was trying to secure a base for his illidari, make bases for his Naga at zangramarsh, Take the sargerai Keystone, and...well...had a vision later on that he's be a champion years later.

BC never clarified everything. All it told us was "Oh mah gerd, Illidan is a raid buss, take em DOWWIINNNN".

Also, Anduin is STILL getting development. Call me triggered for all I care (Even though I wasn't to begin with), i'm just telling you what I know about illidan's development.

WC3's illidan followed Kil'jaedens command, all so he could gain more power/knowledge of the legion, just to take them down. He had a crush on tyrande, sure, but....now....he's away from her. All he wants now, is the legion's destruction, and less tyrande BS.
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2017-03-07 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras, we've come to bargain.