Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Ima jump on the wagon. Looks like a cross breed of Aion, WoW, Lineage, and BDO. I play BDO very casually and have tons of fun. Hoping this game can offer the same amount of variety in content like BDO does. I dont need to be the best and I dont have time to be a serious pvper so cash shop items that can be p2w dont bother me. It doesnt bother me in BDO that I can be roflstomped by players with more time either, the game is just fun.

Anyone got a review for this game? Really wondering how it's like

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Deleted
    the game is in open beta today. been playing it for an hour or two and it feels very poorly optimized. that and there's a lot of shit that is still super vague to me.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    the game is in open beta today. been playing it for an hour or two and it feels very poorly optimized. that and there's a lot of shit that is still super vague to me.

To me it feel like a very cheap version of tera or black desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    To me it feel like a very cheap version of tera or black desert.
    Heh, always been more or less my view of it (though don't they also have tab-target combat? I seem to remember that actually being the "main" combat mode, with the action camera being a secondary option).

Either way, I'll give it a download tonight to take it for a spin this week. I try to give as many MMO's a shot as I can just in case any of them surprise me, so let's see how underwhelming this one is : D

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Heh, always been more or less my view of it (though don't they also have tab-target combat? I seem to remember that actually being the "main" combat mode, with the action camera being a secondary option).

Either way, I'll give it a download tonight to take it for a spin this week. I try to give as many MMO's a shot as I can just in case any of them surprise me, so let's see how underwhelming this one is : D

I won't go as far to say it's a bad game. Just that the play style this game offers is done better by other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Crafting is all there is at end-game, you just farm materials then craft and pray to rngesus because all the stats are random, and cant reroll the blue stats so if you get fucked, there goes all that work you did that week.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Sounds like its going the way of NCsoft treatment: Overran by RMT spam and the like. Also, they're leaving in all the cash shop things from the Chinese version, so expect to be nickeled and dimed for everything. Repairing equipment, using Wings, etc. All costs real money.

Also, half the game still isn't translated and its in open beta...
    Last edited by stellvia; 2017-03-06 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    A lot of the problems i have with the game probably have to do with how poorly the game seems to have been ported to the west by the publisher.
    but that aside the 'feel' of the game doesn't really appeal to me either. maybe i'm just over these generic asian mmo's. The game reminds me a lot of blade and soul, but optimized way worse.

also, one of the abilities of the occultist has them spawn some orbs, but the orbs are very cleary just flat images, not 3d-models. Luckily I play spirit shaper but everytime an occultist near me uses that my eyes get stabbed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Sounds like its going the way of NCsoft treatment: Overran by RMT spam and the like. Also, they're leaving in all the cash shop things from the Chinese version, so expect to be nickeled and dimed for everything. Repairing equipment, using Wings, etc. All costs real money.

Also, half the game still isn't translated and its in open beta...
    Pretty much why I'm ultimately staying away from it. I already have a few max level characters in TERA and Blade and Soul and that's enough for me. FFXIV and WoW will continue being my mainstays however.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Oh yeah, can install this from the my.com client. Time to see if it's downloaded and installed before bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a couple days in CBT3 and have played since headstart now and I agree and disagree with a few points here.

The cash shop is there for people who like to spend money on it, but if you're playing on a populated server right now, the currency exchange is actually really reasonable. If you can make coin in game, you can turn it into aurum and buy what you need from the cash shop.

If you're having issues with graphics you might need to turn your graphics up to max if your computer can handle it. I actually play an occultist, and I've never noticed this "flat orb" issue that has been mentioned.

The real fun in this game for me so far is that the open world is actually quite beautiful graphically, there are some great costumes, and the flight is just amazing. You have many different wing choices, the flight is fun, you can fly anywhere, and fly sprinting and ground sprinting (like BnS) are both really fun.

Yes, a large portion of the game is still untranslated. Yes, it's bothersome. It's still playable, but there are definitely some problems with it. The bigger problem is that even for someone like me who doesn't mind grindy games, it's already SUPER grindy (like, worse than your typical Asian MMO like Aion, Tera, BnS). Instead of leveling through questing you're mostly only leveling through a set of dailies/daily dungeons and then waiting until the next day for your next set to roll around. You're just doing the same thing day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    If you're having issues with graphics you might need to turn your graphics up to max if your computer can handle it. I actually play an occultist, and I've never noticed this "flat orb" issue that has been mentioned.
    it's not an issue with the graphics settings

here's a video example of the skill (the only one i could find) go to around 2:36

- - - Updated - - -

something i dont get though is why the bulky overly flamboyant male spiritshaper doesn't seem to be available in our version

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    it's not an issue with the graphics settings

something i dont get though is why the bulky overly flamboyant male spiritshaper doesn't seem to be available in our version
    I mean...I guess I could get what you're saying...maybe? It's not something I noticed before, I got on my occultist and threw some balls around. I guess I could see the dark orbs looking a little flat, but the light orbs do look like actual orbs to me.

As far as body types...I'm not sure what types launched with which classes for China but as far as some other combinations go we seem to be stuck with getting them later if they also got them later (ex. loli swordmage). I play a swordmage and an occultist and I wish so badly my swordmage could be a loli right now but it can't until they add that patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I mean...I guess I could get what you're saying...maybe? It's not something I noticed before, I got on my occultist and threw some balls around. I guess I could see the dark orbs looking a little flat, but the light orbs do look like actual orbs to me.

As far as body types...I'm not sure what types launched with which classes for China but as far as some other combinations go we seem to be stuck with getting them later if they also got them later (ex. loli swordmage). I play a swordmage and an occultist and I wish so badly my swordmage could be a loli right now but it can't until they add that patch.
    it's only the dark orbs. i just don't understand why they would make them to be janky flat images rather than giving them some proper dimension. it looks incredibly cheap to me and it's the very thing that is keeping me several miles away from that class

Deleted
    I dont know who designed this games quests but they took generic to a whole other lvl. I ve gotten to lvl 16 purely with quests that consist of talking to the same person over and over again without moving from your spot, killing 3 enemies that appear right in front of you and talking to a person 2 steps away.
    I m really not feeling it so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    I played OBT for 5 minutes. Uninstalled after that 5 minutes due to massive RMT spam.

Deleted
    Αaaaand done with this game. The combat is incredibly awkward and bns does it better. The quests are the worst I ve done in any mmo. I just cant take it anymore I feel like the game is playing itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Edge, I was Googling around looking for a new game and found RO. It sounds interesting, especially the customizable combat style. I was wondering how you like it,

Also, from what I can tell it's in open beta and free to play? Is that right? I've never played in a game's beta before. Do they wipe your toons when the full release comes out? And when is the full release?
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

I wasn't a fan. Seems largely like a poor mans Blade & Soul. It's not bad, but it was just incredibly average compared to much of what else is on the market, and didn't really find anything that hooked me in the first like, 5ish hours I played.

Ignore the beta tag, the game is launched for all intents and purposes, including a full cash shop. A lot of F2P games just stay in "open beta" for a while after they launch because it gives them a nice excuse in case anything totally breaks. No wipes or anything coming.

Give it a go if you're interested, but don't expect too much. At the very least, it's better than the average low/mid budget Korean import, so at least it's got that going for it!