Thread: Top Player Bans

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    even if they got perma banned, it wouldnt fix the problem cause its only socials in the top guilds who get banned, if you want names like method, serenity and stuff above your character just offer to find them deals. honestly its disgusting what these top guilds have to do to stay competitive. account sharing? pretty much anyone in top 10 are required to offer their account up in a pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by friedmudkipz View Post
    I definitely hope they figure out what the fuck they're doing before they start slapping down perma bans on the wrong people.
    Accounts used to have a minimal number of flags (around 10 now), you can also negotiate permabans once a GM looks into it.

Never heard of anyone getting a permaban unless they had 10 offenses (with a warning email included for each). Better to be safe than sorry.

7 days?

really blizzard you can make specs pure shit and ruin the game for players for months on end.

these ppl get a 7 day break? i have no words for this failure train that is blizzard.

The bans that were handed out seem so weird, random people were hit with zero proof given. It would be super interesting to see how they conduct these investigations.
    Last edited by razlopp; 2017-03-08 at 06:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razlopp View Post
    The bans that were handed out seem so weird, random people were hit with zero proof given. It would be super interesting to see how they conduct these investigations.
    My guess? Keywords in whispers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    I don't think there's anything you should permabanned for on first offence. A warning is always a good thing.

But sure, if they continue to do it after this very obvious "stop doing this" message, then sure permaban away.

However, 7 days is too lenient when botters are getting 6 months on first offence now.
    i agree with you there.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the amount of money they made was worth way more than a 7 day ban. I really don't see what this accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by razlopp View Post
    If they show how they do these investigations it would possible make it easier for them to get away with it.So i doubt they will give that info up.That is just my thought on it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know how long the bans are? If they're six months this could potentially impact ToS progression?
    Bans are permanent..

Time based punishment is called suspension..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    If they show how they do these investigations it would possible make it easier for them to get away with it.So i doubt they will give that info up.That is just my thought on it though.
    From my experience the people hit was super inconsistent, random people who may of participated in a run were flagged down but not the whole group, it just seems inconsistent is all. Don't know what they're trying to get at, just make a point I suppose.
    Encore | US 6th | Razlopp - Mage

15+ Year Old Account
    7 days is not a punishment...

I don't think there's anything you should permabanned for on first offence. A warning is always a good thing.

But sure, is they continue to do it after this very obvious "stop doing this" message, then sure permaban away.

However, 7 days is too lenient when botters are getting 6 months on first offence now.

Blizzard is pretty ambiguous with ban duration though. I know they state on the b.net website that they have this triangle graph for offenses but they don't really follow that and end up going with "severity".

A friend of mine doesn't speak English very well , making him ambiguous to rules, and buys gold often from a third party website and has been perma banned (his first offence).

Meanwhile another friend is botting almost 24/7 has gotten 3 hours ban, 7 day ban, then a 6 months ban in a duration of a whole year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by friedmudkipz View Post
    I definitely hope they figure out what the fuck they're doing before they start slapping down perma bans on the wrong people.
    What's to figure out? If anything Blizzard could be posing as a buyer with concrete evidence.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm pretty sure the amount of money they made was worth way more than a 7 day ban. I really don't see what this accomplished.
    The 7 day ban is probably a warning shot, Blizzard got so lax with punishing this sort of thing that they felt it worth putting out a "oh hi, we see what you're doing there - stop it".

I expect subsequent offences to be far more heavily punished, and any of those caught would be naive to think anything different.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    What's to figure out? If anything Blizzard could be posing as a buyer with concrete evidence.
    Hm, in the real world, this would be entrapment and a cause for dismissing the charges. Guess it's different in the Blizzarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Oh ya, banwave and "random people who are not guilty" got hit. Please fuck off, thanks.
    Welcome to Blizzard games, you must be a newcomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Let's be fair, selling runs hurts the game much less than botting does.
    No, it does not? Botting does nothing but lowers AH prices for mats. Selling runs hugely affects pug scene and non-cutting edge raiding guilds as well.

7 days suspension is ridiculous (too low), but hey, the case itself is ridiculous, since selling runs even for gold de-facto is selling runs for real money, because thanks to wowtoken gold = real money now.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, knowing that guilds make 1400+400 (guldan+mount) euros per week it's really hard to find any compassion
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well, knowing that guilds make 1400+400 (guldan+mount) euros per week it's really hard to find any compassion
    Knowing that it takes at least 18 (probably more to cater for class stacking) people to do this, 100 EUR (or less) a week per person for that effort you put in actually has my compassion. Even if you said they do this for 20 weeks after progress after having raided 6 hours every day for 14 days, that would come down to an hourly pay of 14 EUR.

Man, what a rock-star life they can have off of that...

Anyway, it's against ToS, so bans are merited. 7 days is probably more hurtful to one of these players that probably play every single day than the 6 months for the botters that actually just let their bots run while doing something else anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Knowing that it takes at least 18 (probably more to cater for class stacking) people to do this, 100 EUR (or less) a week per person for that effort you put in actually has my compassion. Even if you said they do this for 20 weeks after progress after having raided 6 hours every day for 14 days, that would come down to an hourly pay of 14 EUR.

Man, what a rock-star life they can have off of that...

Anyway, it's against ToS, so bans are merited. 7 days is probably more hurtful to one of these players that probably play every single day than the 6 months for the botters that actually just let their bots run while doing something else anyway.
    You really think that money are spread between all raiders, how cute
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.