Poll: Do you like Diablofied WoW?

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i may have been one of the few who actually did read the whole piece & can honestly say i agree 100% with your views.
    i started playing a year after wow came out & have had a few breaks over those 12 years, but nothing has made me more determined to NOT come back to playing wow than legion.
    i'll be completely honest here, when legion came out i thought it was a good xpac, but the constant grind of dailies (i had 74 exalted rep, so i dont usually mind grinding) & having to constantly head over to suramar for some god damned shitty storyline just killed me. even trying to level up my professions made me go to that god forsaken place.
    i wont be back to wow this xpac, that is a fact.
    im not sure i'll even come back to wow, im having too much fun playing my WHM in FFXIV.
    for me, legion has finally put the final nail in wows coffin.
    That is until you get tired of the grind there and move onto another game and another and another.. This is the thing with all MMO's they all have a grind in some form it is how they keep the player coming back for more punishment..

The funny thing is that even other games have a grind to them all games do even Candy Crush Saga or Asphalt 8 have grinds to them.. Even The Sims 1 to 4 has a grind just cleverly disguised..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    That is until you get tired of the grind there and move onto another game and another and another.. This is the thing with all MMO's they all have a grind in some form it is how they keep the player coming back for more punishment..

The funny thing is that even other games have a grind to them all games do even Candy Crush Saga or Asphalt 8 have grinds to them.. Even The Sims 1 to 4 has a grind just cleverly disguised..
    i think having 74 exalted shows i really dont mind grinding, dont you?
    im currently grinding my botany on FFXIV, only 20 levels to go & then i'll start on my fishing or weaving.
    grinding i dont mind, legion grinding i most certainly do.
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2017-03-08 at 05:35 PM.

I do find it rather bizzare that they would want to incorporate elements from a game that features poor player retention (D3) and shoehorn them into a game where player retention is the absolute lifeblood of the game (any MMO, especially one where you pay a sub fee).

That said, not all elements imported from D3 are bad (hello, transmog system). Stuff like legendaries with passive effects a la D3 legendaries and the whole thunder/war/titanforged (aka "ancient" legendaries) was stuff I never thought would work out well in a MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I am thoroughly enjoying this thread. Many people seem to assume that "we" means "everybody". I agree with the OP, we don't like diablofied WoW.
    Bam! The OP's "we" is now valid.

Maybe this will stop the continuous spam prior to this message.

I will never understand the people crying about RNG in Legion as if every past expansion to Vanilla hasn't had people making the same complaints. People complaining about not getting the item they wanted, welcome to 12 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Bam! The OP's "we" is now valid.

Maybe this will stop the continuous spam prior to this message.
    The OP does not assert who he considers the "we" to be so every message questioning it is valid and will continue to be until OP himself alters it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Wow is already dead and only F2P can ress this game.
    Funny, I heard that EXACT same thing on a thread back during The Burning Crusade days in 2006....

But, NOOOOO...that's just my "IMAGINATION". -_-

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree and disagree with some of the OP's points, but I can say with certainty:

Consistent bad luck with the layers upon layers of RNG are starting to wear on me.

For example, I still have none of the hidden appearances on my main.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I am thoroughly enjoying this thread. Many people seem to assume that "we" means "everybody". I agree with the OP, we don't like diablofied WoW.
    Actually, "We" does mean Everybody, if you include me, the tree, and you.

However, if he said "I", then it would JUST AS USELESS...cause it's HIS opinion...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Let me guess, 8.0:

- Class specs removed, classes can now choose out of any of their class abilities, within a limited number of slots.
    - Talents replaced by Passive skill slots.
    - All common/rare and epic gear now has random affixes, and stat ranges.
    - Legendary drop rates drasticly increased, 100 new legendaries for each class, Legendaries are more powerful then Epics, and have higher stat ranges by default.
    - Upcoming Set Items, Same itemlevel as Legendary items, however with powerful bonus for wearing multiple, 5 sets per class added to the game.
    - Legendary power bank added to collection interface.
    - New Feature, Random Layout Dungeons & Mythic Rifts.
    - Artifacts replaced by paragon XP, bonus stats for completing tasks at max level, 1000 new paragon levels to attain, points can be distributed in various attributes and changed in rest areas.
    - Honor system removed, and replaced by "ears" , a new currency for killing other players.
    - Raids removed, our random dungeon system and mythic rifts is an advanced technology balanced for 5 player-groups.

Just joking but it could be far more diablo-ish then now.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-08 at 05:43 PM.

I LOVE Diablo-fied WoW! I already have more time /played at 110 than I ever did at 85, 90 or 100.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Deleted
    This all day, love the new features. Best that has come in a while

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    No, raid progression shouldn't be limited by how much time a person can spend doing non-raid stuff.

No, your ability to do your job shouldn't be crippled/boosted by which random world drop you got.

Yes.
    It isnt

It isnt

We agree

7+ Year Old Account
    ahem, we?

excuse me?
    who is we?

talk for yourself

Formerly known as Arafal

I hate RNG in theory. But if they took that low as heck chance at getting good gear out of the 2-10 mythic keys, I would have given up dungeons a while ago. Their diablo approach here is working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Diablo works for what it is, you can kill a ton of shit rapidly and farm.

Wow this shit doesn't work, taking down bosses takes time it can happen once a week and still we need to farm for potentially months to get that perfectly rolled item.

If you like this shit, fuck you, you're killing the game for people who have lives.
    This is clearly a personal problem. It's one thing to seek out an item that has good stats, game has always been like that. If your running something for it to roll perfectly then you need to control your own compulsion. No one is forcing you to do that.

Diablofied WoW would be fine if the content was more dynamic than what it is. In Diablo, the maps change. The mobs change. The only thing that's static is the boss fights. In WoW, you're dealing with the same exact dungeon layouts with the same exact trash mobs. No matter how cool they make it at first, repetition will exhaust it. And yet the loot system encourages repetition. This makes the game feel more like a grind than in previous expansions. Grinds will always exist in these kinds of games but steps can be taken to make the grind not feel like a grind. Diablo does this with the dynamic maps as I mentioned earlier, but more so with class design. Every Diablo class is a powerhouse because the game isn't as concerned with the illusion of class balance like WoW is, so WoW's classes seem like watered down bitches in comparison. It's just simply not as fun to grind in WoW as it is in Diablo. Of course, that view is subjective so you might disagree, but I can't bring myself to do another mythic+ in WoW no matter how much Blizz says my next legendary is "just around the corner!". It's just a vapid ploy to keep you playing and it's not working for me. The World Quest system which held so much promise in concept has been poorly implemented to the point where I'm almost doing the same exact god damn quests every day. Where was the variety they promised? It's probably waiting in the wings with my next legendary lol...
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

with "we' he meant himself and me. Yes me. Dear blizzard come to mmo champion and read our message. Or forward this for us.
    hit & run posting lol

not the blizzard forums they wont read your letter

by "we" you mean "you" important distinction

I didn't read your letter

I like this xpac

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Funny, I heard that EXACT same thing on a thread back during The Burning Crusade days in 2006....

But, NOOOOO...that's just my "IMAGINATION". -_-
    Yes you are right. Wow was very popular during tbc/wotlk etc.
    But since wod this game is dying.
    Dying very fast.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    It was a rhetorical trick I used to divert attention from myself to a larger group of people. It is not just me. Different opinions are great and it is okay to like the game so in that case you are banished from that "we".
    Who is this larger group who gave you authority to speak on their behalf? You need to describe that from the get go. Anecdotally (which is all you seem to have for your argument) WoW has never been more active for me and my friend group. Excluding the hardest of hardcore players, I haven't heard any complaints about Legion outside of these forums.

Your 20 friends don't represent the 100 million+ people who've tried the game.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-03-09 at 07:32 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis