Page 93 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Im thinking that either Sunreaver or Rommath will die at some point in Legion, probably towards the end of the Broken Shore stuff. Maybe Ly'leth Lunastre and Jarod.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Are you kidding me? Wrathion is a waste of time and character development. All he has done whine about horde/alliance conflict, the legion coming back, and get us a cloak. Then he let Garrosh free starting WoD and then didn't even help us fix his mistake and then when the Legion actually invades he is doesn't even show up. Even Blizzard sees he is a waste of a character
    NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!

He warned us of the legion, he told us to get all this shit ready, he switched sides for his own personal goal of Azeroth conquest, ran away when the alliance did their "FRIENDSHIP UGH" Bullshit, and now he's laughing at us, saying "I told you so, I told you so". Little does he know, THAT I HAVE AN ASHBRINGER!

Now, ILLIDAN, he's the one you'd see in a poor fan-fiction...

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!

He warned us of the legion, he told us to get all this shit ready, he switched sides for his own personal goal of Azeroth conquest, ran away when the alliance did their "FRIENDSHIP UGH" Bullshit, and now he's laughing at us, saying "I told you so, I told you so". Little does he know, THAT I HAVE AN ASHBRINGER!

Now, ILLIDAN, he's the one you'd see in a poor fan-fiction...
    He didn't switch sides, he wanted Garrosh to unite one massive army to defend Azeroth from the Legion, which he admitted to being a mistake and then let us clean up his mess and now doesn't even show up to tell us "I told you so." Which is terrible writing and I don't see how anyone could think that is a good character.

Illidan isn't even that bad. People just yell "Bad writing" because Blizzard decided to make an already established character someone that would lead the army of light. I really don't care that illidan is supposed to be some grand champion, but you people wouldn't be bitching as much if it was a new character that was in Illidans place

7+ Year Old Account
    He didn't switch sides, he wanted Garrosh to unite one massive army to defend Azeroth from the Legion, which he admitted to being a mistake and then let us clean up his mess and now doesn't even show up to tell us "I told you so." Which is terrible writing and I don't see how anyone could think that is a good character.

Illidan isn't even that bad. People just yell "Bad writing" because Blizzard decided to make an already established character someone that would lead the army of light. I really don't care that illidan is supposed to be some grand champion, but you people wouldn't be bitching as much if it was a new character that was in Illidans place
    the bad writing on ilidans point is the random change in BC of "why the fuck is he suddenly a victem, even in warcraft we saw him fighting the legion, even in tbc we saw him closing all of the demons portals to outland, so how can he be working with the legion if hes their enemy?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the bad writing on ilidans point is the random change in BC of "why the fuck is he suddenly a victem, even in warcraft we saw him fighting the legion, even in tbc we saw him closing all of the demons portals to outland, so how can he be working with the legion if hes their enemy?
    That was more of a blind hatred for anything demon related

7+ Year Old Account
    That was more of a blind hatred for anything demon related
    well i mean he became a demon, and he also "hired" tons of demons

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Really cool idea!
    (Specluation)
    As Titans can be born from the planets, all planets are hollow inside. If planet contains world soul, it sleeps in that hollow. If not hollow is just empty.
    Maybe ever since portal closed on Sargeras, he's been recuperating in the Argus' hollow. It makes sense because demons can guard him while he's sleeping.
    Then we blow up Argus with Illidan's plan and in the process blow up Sargeras or something.
    There is also a quote from Il'gynoth that says:
    "Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below." Maybe talking about Azeroth, and old god stuff inside the planet.

but is that what he is getting hate for

...he switched because he was mistaken about Garrosh being a uniter rather than somebody who destroyed his faction. That's why he switches to supporting the Alliance and hoped that Varian would dismantle the Horde. Maybe if you payed attention to his story a bit more you'd realize that.

No, it's bad writing. Changing him from an anti-hero to a hero who dindu nuffin wrong is bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    In his story in Cata (shown in both the Badlands questchain as well as the Rogue-only Legendary daggers questchain in the Dragon Soul raid) he was "purified" using a Titanic device found in the Badlands, removing the Old God taint from his nascent form and possibly endowing him with traits or poers akin to the Aspect empowerment that the 5 original Aspects received from the Keepers. He used his rapport with the other black dragon in the Ravenholdt group of rogues and assassins to essentially usurp control of the group and set up a scenario that left him in sole control (by getting the PC Rogue to assassinate every other contender including his peer on the inside).

I don't see Wrathion's creation as "breaking the lore" in any real sense - he was just a standard black dragon before the events that led to his purification and possible empowerment.
    Yes, I should rephrase that. It's not his creation that I have a problem with, it's not implausible. It's his superpowers, supposedly acquired as a result of this experimentation. Here's what Dave Kosak says about him:

"When we had written that questline in the Badlands there, we knew that this would be a cool story thread to pick up some day. But if you really think about how long it would take a dragon to mature and start developing his own thoughts, it'd be a long time. Like decades. And we didn't really have time for that! So I said well, OK -- if we ask people to buy into this one thing, that because of these experiments he can have some self-awareness early on, wow - what an interesting character that is!"

The bolded part is what I'm talking about. They just asked us to buy into the fact that he has superpowers without offering a good explanation I think. I don't have a problem with Wrathion being able to talk early, Awbee did that too in vanilla. I just don't find it interesting or wonderful, or even good, that he was able to do all the stuff he did as a whelp. Ebonhorn was cleansed by a Titan artifact just like himself, why doesn't he give us an orange item? And he's a mature dragon, realistically he should have a greater mastery over his powers than a whelp does.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    I'm just gunna leave this here...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyarlathotep

'In his first appearance in "Nyarlathotep" (1920), he is described as a "tall, swarthy man" who resembles an ancient Egyptian pharaoh.[1] In this story he wanders the earth, seemingly gathering legions of followers, the narrator of the story among them, through his demonstrations of strange and seemingly magical instruments. These followers lose awareness of the world around them, and through the narrator's increasingly unreliable accounts the reader gets an impression of the world's collapse.'

I understand Wrathion seems more Arabic than Egyptian, but I've always felt this is exactly what he's supposed to be. We do exactly what this paragraph says, we gather artifacts for him, he gives us a show of power and we blindly do exactly what he tells us to do. It brought about the coming of the Legion, which is going to bring about the coming of the Old Gods ala N'Zoth & friends. Its why we haven't seen him yet. He's a servant, or manifestation of a Void Lord, & that will be revealed to us in an Old God related expansion where he's a dungeon boss.

It would make sense if they're still following the Lovecraft vibe, which they obviously are.
    That's an interesting take on Wrathion, I would definitely eat some of my words if something like that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

checking badge

6.4k posts in 1 year, no wonder you are such a loser.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-03-10 at 04:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No, it's bad writing. Changing him from an anti-hero to a hero who dindu nuffin wrong is bad writing.
    To be fair, Illidan's days of "anti-heroism" were good as dead the moment TBC came out, where Blizzard turned him into an all-out villain for pretty frivolous reasons. I guess the point of Legion was making Illidan an anti-hero again but they went way overboard with that. The Illidan novel did an half decent job but so far the expansion itself has indeed turned Illidan into the righteous embodiment of salvation. I don't think that was their actual intention and probably still isn't but seems the obvious limit of Blizzard's own writers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    checking badge

- - - Updated - - -

6.4k posts in 1 year, no wonder you are such a loser.
    Daaaaamn, and I thought people hated ME. @FelPlague - you need some ALOE for this SICK AF burn!?

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Daaaaamn, and I thought people hated ME. @FelPlague - you need some ALOE for this SICK AF burn!?
    People may hate you but FelPlague probably has literally no life other than coming here and playing WoW. Double your posts in 1/5 of the time. Pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    People may hate you but FelPlague probably has literally no life other than coming here and playing WoW. Double your posts in 1/5 of the time. Pathetic.
    None of us are real though, we are all part the mmo-c.com cogwheel of death. Welcome to hell brother <3

7+ Year Old Account
    thats not very nice at all, did i acidently run over your dog or something? i mean, being active in a community makes you a "loser with no life" also 3.5 x 2 does not equal 6.4
    and 1 year compared to 7 years is not 1/5 you mean 1/7
    also i dont play much wow anymore, i was just showing up to raid, and now that ive stopped raiding i am barly even logging on once for 15 minutes each 3 days

also i have a life, if i dident have a life i wouldent be able to talk to you now would i? i would be a corpse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    i wouldent call it a sick burn? it was sorta just lame personal attack, its like the people who make fun of peoples avatars... (yes i had a guy make fun of my avatar and signature saying it was some blurry abomination, i dident feel bad, i feel bad for the nice person who made it for me though)
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-03-10 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    What the hell is going on here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    random personal attacks it seems? :P

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    ...he switched because he was mistaken about Garrosh being a uniter rather than somebody who destroyed his faction. That's why he switches to supporting the Alliance and hoped that Varian would dismantle the Horde. Maybe if you payed attention to his story a bit more you'd realize that.

You couldnt've said it any better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    A research about the correlation between one's post count in MMO-C forums and... being a loser, I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.