Poll: Do you like Diablofied WoW?

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogehkak View Post
    I personally love this expansion solely for the reason they added the Diablo team to the WoW team for it. Diablo was the game that hooked me long ago.
    Well, D3 killed the fascination for the Diablo series for me. I just hate slot machine type of rewards, and they are going overboard with that in WoW recently.

Honestly, why do we have to diablo-ize WoW when Blizzard already has a Diablo game? This is stupid beyond belief. You get additional players / customers when you let them have diverse products, not all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Mythic is. Other modes aren't. Especially normal and LFR.

Thats because the other modes are irrelevant and LFR is a Boss textured training Dummy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It definitely always had more stats. Almost always better is true as well. Again, the only thing preventing this was usually because of hit rating. A piece being 20 ilvls higher but heavy on hit may never be that useful to you. Hit rating was neat because it added to the learning curve, but it wasn't a very fun thing for people that knew what to do with it, just annoying really. And it was terribly punishing to those who didn't really understand hit rating.
    You have no fucking clue about the game and anyone who does know how to play would be offended by this post.

You are clueless and should probably stop before you prove how uninformed you really are about this game you unskilled casual scum.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Thats because the other modes are irrelevant and LFR is a Boss textured training Dummy.
    The majority raid normal and heroic. Your argument is invalid. Go back to tugging it to hentai

Deleted
    The Developers base the Entire expansion around the AP grind. And you're the one lopping up their load. nom nom nom

TBC had Grinding? When?

Oh you mean Raid Progression on one mode? Yeah that was fucking rough. Like I wanted to raid after I Did heroics. And I raided.

Didn't have to run Arcatraz 500 times to grind up Paragon levels.
    Also this. TBC was the expansion where I got seriously into raiding, and the only thing I have been farming were elemental mats for craftable gear, which was actually useful right from the start and not after a multitude of upgrades which also came with insane costs.

It definitely always had more stats. Almost always better is true as well. Again, the only thing preventing this was usually because of hit rating. A piece being 20 ilvls higher but heavy on hit may never be that useful to you. Hit rating was neat because it added to the learning curve, but it wasn't a very fun thing for people that knew what to do with it, just annoying really. And it was terribly punishing to those who didn't really understand hit rating.
    No.

(There was no stat budget - and many important things were never part of it to begin with. Stop talking about things you have no clue about. It is evident you either never knew how it was or don't remember. That's fine, but you should be asking then, not stating.)
    Last edited by rda; 2017-03-10 at 08:24 AM.

Some good points but please don't pretend like you speak for everyone because you don't.

Personally I think Blizzard achieved something this expansion that they haven't had since TBC which is the game didn't boil down to 'just log on for raids' a month after launch. I know the hardcore crowd found everything really tiresome and got burned out on it but I think Blizzard designed the game for people who aren't this full on and might only care about maxing out one character. Keeping 5 man content relevant for as long as they did is truly a big step forward imho. In wotlk to wod the 5 man content was something you spammed for your preraid blues and that was it. The diablo style loot system is a big reason why these dungeons stayed relevant for as long as they have. And guess what? If you're someone like me who only really wants to play one character then you spend all your time on a single character and end up with really good gear because you do every 5 man and every raid on the same toon.

This expansion suits me just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    The majority raid normal and heroic. Your argument is invalid. Go back to tugging it to hentai
    You scream Mythic is invalid yet it's the only mode that gets tons of exclusive content while everyone gets shoveled the leftovers.

Yeah, I'm casual scum with the top 1-20 parses I have on a few fights while you sit there and bitch about a game you don't even fucking play. Talk about sad.
    link armory kthx pleb. 7/10NH Normal best player world #Nexx

As I said to the other ill informed poster, where am I wrong exactly?

If hit and expertise didn't exist, you could choose gear almost exclusively based on it's ilvl about as often as you currently can. The only reason lower ilvl pieces were better were because of sockets or having your two main stats on them compared to two lower stats. Which is still the case today.

It still doesn't change the fact that the BiS pieces were not craftable and even IF they were, all it does is contradict his other point that BiS gear should only be from the hardest raids.

So, either he's wrong or he's contradicting himself.
    I expanded above, we cross-posted. There was no stat budget - and many important things were never part of it to begin with.

The "higher ilvl = more stas" is a non-starter, it was just not true. There was some correlation, but so many complications, that correlation was fairly useless. They were setting the ilvl based on where in the progression the item was. Sometimes that meant higher stats - could easily be something silly like fire resist - but frequently it didn't mean higher stats either.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-03-10 at 08:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Well, D3 killed the fascination for the Diablo series for me. I just hate slot machine type of rewards, and they are going overboard with that in WoW recently.

Honestly, why do we have to diablo-ize WoW when Blizzard already has a Diablo game? This is stupid beyond belief. You get additional players / customers when you let them have diverse products, not all the same.
    I think D3 has more interesting gear choices and builds than wow has. They didn't implement it properly with legendaries but it's still an improvement over what we had in WoD.

As I said to the other ill informed poster, where am I wrong exactly?

If hit and expertise didn't exist, you could choose gear almost exclusively based on it's ilvl about as often as you currently can. The only reason lower ilvl pieces were better were because of sockets or having your two main stats on them compared to two lower stats. Which is still the case today.

It still doesn't change the fact that the BiS pieces were not craftable and even IF they were, all it does is contradict his other point that BiS gear should only be from the hardest raids.

So, either he's wrong or he's contradicting himself.
    It should be from the hardest raids because thats how content progression works. Not AoEing your daily quest.

Where is the tons of exclusive content exactly?
    Complete bosses?

Actual Raid Progression?

Mounts?

The Fancy version of Tier gear's Asthetics?

Lore?

Bosses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    Some good points but please don't pretend like you speak for everyone because you don't.

Personally I think Blizzard achieved something this expansion that they haven't had since TBC which is the game didn't boil down to 'just log on for raids' a month after launch. I know the hardcore crowd found everything really tiresome and got burned out on it but I think Blizzard designed the game for people who aren't this full on and might only care about maxing out one character. Keeping 5 man content relevant for as long as they did is truly a big step forward imho. In wotlk to wod the 5 man content was something you spammed for your preraid blues and that was it. The diablo style loot system is a big reason why these dungeons stayed relevant for as long as they have. And guess what? If you're someone like me who only really wants to play one character then you spend all your time on a single character and end up with really good gear because you do every 5 man and every raid on the same toon.

This expansion suits me just fine.
    This. Well said.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...5635766/latest

Here you go.

here's my favorite one, our first Krosus kill I got rank 1, pushed down to 4th now though.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...c=BeastMastery
    I want your armory. You think I give a shit about DPS rankings. Of course you do. You think thats a show of skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should be from the hardest raids because thats how content progression works. Not AoEing your daily quest.
    The best gear does come from mythic raids and dungeons. Outside of the first month WQ gear has been useless.

But you said professions being able to craft such gear made them relevant and now they're not. So which do you want? Professions crafting BiS gear or it only coming from raids?

And there might be 1 out 10,000 players that get something from a world quest that titanforges high enough to be the same level as mythic gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you quoted a post referencing my dps rankings. Soo... yeah?

You can find my armory from that. It's not hard.

wait what? How is it not exactly? lol

The Patterns and Mateirals for the Crafting came from the raids. Loosen your pants. Your brain is losing air.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean "complete" bosses? Or actual raid progression? Like what? I don't think any of that matters to people not doing mythic raiding.
    I man the actual full non gutted boss encounter with all it's abilities.

and I mean actual raid progression.

Not the Heroic / Normal modes that competent players that actually know how to play the game at a basic level can clear in the first 5 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    The best gear does come from mythic raids and dungeons. Outside of the first month WQ gear has been useless.
    Relics? Legendaries? TF dungeon farm?

- - - Updated - - -

But you said professions being able to craft such gear made them relevant and now they're not. So which do you want? Professions crafting BiS gear or it only coming from raids?

And there might be 1 out 10,000 players that get something from a world quest that titanforges high enough to be the same level as mythic gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you quoted a post referencing my dps rankings. Soo... yeah?

You can find my armory from that. It's not hard.

wait what? How is it not exactly? lol

How the fuck does that even make sense? How would my armory show you anything about my skill but my actual dps rankings don't?
    RNG = Mass skill.

Rank #1 best in wurld

5/10 M zzzzzzzzz low end Mythic guild Grats?
    Last edited by anaxie; 2017-03-10 at 08:43 AM.

Deleted
    Complete bosses?
    Hardly... boss-phases at best.

Actual Raid Progression?
    Uhm what? Last time i checked progression was subjective.
    There are guilds struggling with heroic NH... what would you call that?

Mounts?
    1 mount per expansion?
    Other content also awards exclusive mounts for that matter.

The Fancy version of Tier gear's Asthetics?
    I'm fairly certain that you can get those via rated PvP as well.

Lore?
    On 2 occasions:
    - HM ending... which didn't exactly change the story for non-mythic raiders
    - NH ending... where basically the only thing that differs is illidan's absorbed demon acting out and us defeating it... with the same result we see in normal/hc

Bosses?
    You like repeating yourself, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Hardly... boss-phases at best.
    More like how the entire fight functions

Uhm what? Last time i checked progression was subjective.
    There are guilds struggling with heroic NH... what would you call that?
    Baddies

1 mount per expansion?
    Other content also awards exclusive mounts for that matter.
    1 Per raid usually. WIth lots of moolah

I'm fairly certain that you can get those via rated PvP as well.
    Yeah if you aren't shit

On 2 occasions:
    - HM ending... which didn't exactly change the story for non-mythic raiders
    - NH ending... where basically the only thing that differs is illidan's absorbed demon acting out and us defeating it... with the same result we see in normal/hc
    Agalon, Ra-den, Sinestra, Frostmourn Room, Ragnaros Dying, ALL of Tier 5 - Sunwell, Garrosh in SW. Killing Archimonde for good

You like repeating yourself, don't you?
    You just really don't know much it seems.

Im gonna do you a huge favor

instead of saying "we" say "i"

But you could still sell them... That's my point. Either they come from only the raid or from professions as well. You've said both of those are good things which is contradictory.

How are heroic and normal mode raiders missing out on mythic boss abilities? That makes zero sense.

The mythic community is already a fraction of a fraction of the player base, like it's always been. That website is the only available way to compare yourselves. How am I supposed to compare myself to everyone else that doesn't upload logs? It's literally the only way to do it in any effective manner. So what the fuck is your point? It also didn't answer my question on how you were going to determine my skill level based on my armory but not on my dps rankings? I guess you were just going to look at how many mythic kills I have? Because that's a poor way of evaluating someone's skill.

You don't think the majority of best players have their logs up? What is "barely" any logs? hundreds of thousands? I imagine you don't know how statistics works, but that's a pretty good sample size.

I'll take an apology for that causal scum nonsense comment though. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

So I went from causal scum to low end mythic guild?

A low end mythic guild is probably stuck at 3/10 still by the way.

But yeah, clearly my consistent 99 percentile rankings are RNG. I actually completely suck at the game. Thank god no one has figured out I'm just good at RNG.
    The odds are you won't kill Gul'dan Mythic before ToS. I consider that low end.

nope No Helya mythic Low end confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mykk View Post
    Im gonna do you a huge favor

instead of saying "we" say "i"
    I'm gonna do you a huge favor.

Get in your car and drive with your eyes closed.