Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    And someone is way too easily offended. If that kind of commentary puts one off so much, shouldn't use internet at all.
    That's not my point. It's just starting to become a staple of Wildstar is all. Yes MMOs have toxic communities but well I generally try to avoid it when playing MMOs. I mean I said in Wildstar when I picked it up and boosted to 50 that and I quote "Arcterra is a nice looking zone but it's not my cup of tea interest wise" I was told that I apparently hate Wildstar.

Wildstar had a decent community and now it seems to be going down the toilet. I've noticed it in a few other MMOs I play as well.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-10 at 01:12 PM.

Wildstar has way too many insecure players, so when you talk bad about their precious game, they go into DEFENSE mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Wildstar has way too many insecure players, so when you talk bad about their precious game, they go into DEFENSE mode.
    Indeed. Problem is because it's not a very large community the problem exists a lot. It's not exclusive to Wildstar but it's more noticeable I've seen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    And if people like you are any indication of who plays Wildstar then enjoy your ghost town.
    I don't play Wildstar. People are people - and hey, if you can't handle people, internet is not the best place for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I don't play Wildstar. People are people - and hey, if you can't handle people, internet is not the best place for you.
    That's not really an excuse for a community going from good to shit. It's noticeable in Wildstar and if it keeps up it'll suffer for it. Because it sure as shit isn't healthy to treat new players like crap. Especially in a game like Wildstar where it really needs new players. If you are just here to throw fuel on the fire with the "it's the internet" excuse then just don't. Because it's boring to hear. The fact is the community in Wildstar was actually pretty decent then it just started to get more and more toxic. Especially in the RP community as I will expand upon below.

The RP community in Wildstar is just as awful with their little cliques and treating anyone outside of them like shit. I RP in quite a few other games and we at least allow outsiders to join in rather than tell them to piss off. The whole point of an RP community is to build not to push people away.

http://steamcharts.com/app/376570

Gain alone is from the boost I'm assuming and I expect it to rise one more month then go back down again.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-10 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I logged on to get the 50 boost. I couldn't see the level 50 info so I went in under one of my chars. I then asked in game where I get the level 50 boost. The answer was basically "Learn to read". I logged out. Way to go there promoting the community. I logged in both my daughters accounts to get the 50 for them, in case they want to play some time, at which point I noticed the +50 at the bottom. I have maxed out chars on my account to book names so I didn't see it at the bottom, scrolled off the screen. Damage is done, though. I won't bother logging back in again. I have better things to do than put up with snarky comments.
    That's really a bummer. It seems like the small WS community left is more or less split up into the more toxic hardcore fans that want to gatekeep the game and are pretty overtly hostile towards criticism/new folks who don't know "basic" shit, and the more helpful bunch that were behind a lot of the community initiatives get new players engaged with the game : /

It's a damn shame about the former of the groups, especially that they're the ones you ran into first when coming back, because they're doing just as much damage to this game as Carbine's stupidity has/continues to do. I still blame the initial marketing for pulling those folks in and keeping them around : (

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's really a bummer. It seems like the small WS community left is more or less split up into the more toxic hardcore fans that want to gatekeep the game and are pretty overtly hostile towards criticism/new folks who don't know "basic" shit, and the more helpful bunch that were behind a lot of the community initiatives get new players engaged with the game : /

It's a damn shame about the former of the groups, especially that they're the ones you ran into first when coming back, because they're doing just as much damage to this game as Carbine's stupidity has/continues to do. I still blame the initial marketing for pulling those folks in and keeping them around : (
    It's fucking amusing because those wanting to "gatekeep" the game as you so put it are going to be responsible for the plug getting pulled. Who the fuck is going to want to play a game where the community is hostile to those who are new and the RP community is nothing but a bunch of toxic cliques? Yes toxicity exists in the MMO genre but because Wildstar is a smaller community it is more noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    That's not my point. It's just starting to become a staple of Wildstar is all. Yes MMOs have toxic communities but well I generally try to avoid it when playing MMOs. I mean I said in Wildstar when I picked it up and boosted to 50 that and I quote "Arcterra is a nice looking zone but it's not my cup of tea interest wise" I was told that I apparently hate Wildstar.

Wildstar had a decent community and now it seems to be going down the toilet. I've noticed it in a few other MMOs I play as well.
    I generally see a much higher concentration of assholes and toxic players in F2P games than in subscription only games. WoW included, though you still see a ton of assholes...but you'll still see at least one useful answer among a stream of L2P, git gud, or rofl... but as someone said, you need a pretty thick skin to play anything online anymore. All that said, unless it's a fairly new feature I don't even bother asking in game because I don't want to deal with the bullshit answers trolls and assholes will give (you always find at least one fuckwad that says you need to hit alt+F4...to this day...) so I'll just use my phone or tab out to google the answer myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I generally see a much higher concentration of assholes and toxic players in F2P games than in subscription only games. WoW included, though you still see a ton of assholes...but you'll still see at least one useful answer among a stream of L2P, git gud, or rofl... but as someone said, you need a pretty thick skin to play anything online anymore. All that said, unless it's a fairly new feature I don't even bother asking in game because I don't want to deal with the bullshit answers trolls and assholes will give (you always find at least one fuckwad that says you need to hit alt+F4...to this day...) so I'll just use my phone or tab out to google the answer myself.
    I'm not saying the thick skin argument isn't valid. But it's all that's being thrown in here. It doesn't excuse the community issues in Wildstar. Especially the RP community issues. It doesn't excuse it in any MMO.

If anyone thinks it's healthy for a game to treat new players like shit especially when that game needs new players well it just isn't.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-10 at 05:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Being a small community, I'm not seeing known names dishing out the dirt.

Unfortunately it's a social problem that manifests when large groups of ignorant foul mouth people congregate in the same place, it's even more apparent in F2P online games because they have nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Being a small community, I'm not seeing known names dishing out the dirt.

Unfortunately it's a social problem that manifests when large groups of ignorant foul mouth people congregate in the same place, it's even more apparent in F2P online games because they have nothing to lose.
    No it's a problem that your community is a toxic bunch of people who would rather see the game die than be helpful towards new players. Good move right there. I play in much smaller communities and I can tell you right now that there is barely if not any toxicity.

Wildstar needs new players right now more than anything. And a new player being told to "l2p scrub" or anyone being critical of content told to "go uninstall and play WoW" is not the smartest idea. I know for a fact that people do this because I was critical of Arcterra and a couple of dungeons and I had people jumping on me as if I despised Wildstar. Merely said the zone wasn't interesting to me but it's nicely designed and pretty. That's it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-10 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Honestly all communities are like this, but if you're honestly giving up on an amazing game due to one person, i'd probably just get off the internet all together.

nexus chat is just flooded with people spamming "where do I get my free boost" it does get pretty annoying after a while when people could just read the launcher or anything else.

(I play on EU, and the community isn't toxic at all? Or are we talking about NA?)
    The answer then would be the classic "If you don't have anything nice to say shut the fuck up".

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Honestly all communities are like this, but if you're honestly giving up on an amazing game due to one person, i'd probably just get off the internet all together.

nexus chat is just flooded with people spamming "where do I get my free boost" it does get pretty annoying after a while when people could just read the launcher or anything else.

(I play on EU, and the community isn't toxic at all? Or are we talking about NA?)
    I've played on both and I've seen it from both sides. The RP community especially. Toxic cliques are disgusting for any RP community. I don't care how anyone tries to spin it. I've seen it in other MMOs and it's the reason the RP communities fall apart into basically nothing.

I'm not saying the thick skin argument isn't valid. But it's all that's being thrown in here. It doesn't excuse the community issues in Wildstar. Especially the RP community issues. It doesn't excuse shit in any MMO.

If anyone thinks it's healthy for a game to treat new players like shit especially when that game needs new players well it just isn't.
    Wasn't trying to excuse a terrible community for being terrible, was just making a statement about the reality of online gaming in general; assholes exist and you'll find them everywhere, you have to try and find a way to not let those assholes deter you from what you want/ like. Understanding that both good and bad people exist in an online community and accepting that you'll definitely run into the bad ones while looking for the good ones helps in this situation.

If I enjoy the game enough I'll spend the time to try and find a good community even when I'm bombarded by shit faced assholes who just can't help but get in their own way. If a few assholes deter you from playing, you probably didn't like the game enough anyway. I also understand that in MMO's specifically, the game itself is generally not the #1 reason people stay, it's the community they're a part of... that's honestly why I've found more of a home in FFXIV than in any other MMO I've played, I have a fantastically fun and helpful Free Company.

I agree with you though, in a game like Wildstar that desperately needs new players having a high population of toxic people isn't doing it any favors as far as keeping it around.

Yeah I logged on to get my free 50 too, and I didnt see any bad behavior in chat so.. anecdotal evidence i guess? There are toxic people, yes, but nothing more or less than in any other MMOs I play, specially the f2p ones. And sadly there is nothing you can do, if someone wants to be a dick in the chat of a game, all you can do as a player is to ignore him/her. My general/trade chat on WoW has been turned off since WotlK.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Wasn't trying to excuse a terrible community for being terrible, was just making a statement about the reality of online gaming in general; assholes exist and you'll find them everywhere, you have to try and find a way to not let those assholes deter you from what you want/ like. Understanding that both good and bad people exist in an online community and accepting that you'll definitely run into the bad ones while looking for the good ones helps in this situation.

If I enjoy the game enough I'll spend the time to try and find a good community even when I'm bombarded by shit faced assholes who just can't help but get in their own way. If a few assholes deter you from playing, you probably didn't like the game enough anyway. I also understand that in MMO's specifically, the game itself is generally not the #1 reason people stay, it's the community they're a part of... that's honestly why I've found more of a home in FFXIV than in any other MMO I've played, I have a fantastically fun and helpful Free Company.

I agree with you though, in a game like Wildstar that desperately needs new players having a high population of toxic people isn't doing it any favors as far as keeping it around.
    Oh I know you weren't and I would never accuse you of it unless I had evidence to back me up hehe . I just meant people keep throwing fuel on the fire here with the "it's the internet" argument and I'm sick of seeing it. Having access to an online world doesn't excuse toxicity.

Deleted
    No it's a problem that your community is a toxic bunch of people who would rather see the game die than be helpful towards new players. Good move right there. I play in much smaller communities and I can tell you right now that there is barely if not any toxicity.

Wildstar needs new players right now more than anything. And a new player being told to "l2p scrub" or anyone being critical of content told to "go uninstall and play WoW" is not the smartest idea. I know for a fact that people do this because I was critical of Arcterra and a couple of dungeons and I had people jumping on me as if I despised Wildstar. Merely said the zone wasn't interesting to me but it's nicely designed and pretty. That's it.
    What part of known names did you not understand ? I spent a good hour last night stood still doing Q&A to help players get started, others also answered the same question 100 times at least...not an ounce of toxic spit in any answer!..EU server

What part of known names did you not understand ? I spent a good hour last night stood still doing Q&A to help players get started, others also answered the same question 100 times at least...not an ounce of toxic spit in any answer!..EU server
    So every RP clique is "known names"? Yeah alright then. Sorry but I asked to join a bunch of RP players in cities and a lot of the responses I got were absolutely vile.

Just stop. This community was actually decent. A long time ago.

I'll repeat what I said. The Wildstar community in my opinion is nothing but a bunch of toxic people who would rather watch their game die and drive people away than bring in new players. Again just my opinion.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-10 at 06:10 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Why does that even matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Why does that even matter?
    Exactly. I have known names on smaller MMOs and it doesn't mean shit. Fact is they are still toxic.