Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Cool another reason for me to stay from Wildstar as I have done Legion. I fucking despise RNG when it comes to the gearing/power process. Gear drops being RNG is fine that is a standard thing of the whole RPG genre.
    Agree, if you hated that the system so much, then I won't try to convince you to come over again.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Agree, if you hated that the system so much, then I won't try to convince you to come over again.
    I loved the basic system in WoW where it just went up 6 item levels initially aka Thunderforging. That was fine it's a nice little bonus. Titanforging is just fucking stupid though. I cannot stand that amount of RNG in the gearing/powering process.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Why does that even matter?
    A: They have been trying to imply it's the long term Wildstar players abusing the new players! When 99% of it is new players slagging off new players

B: They have no idea of RP names or guilds, again they are trying to imply the abuse came from actual role players, been around most MMO's and true RP are not like that at all.

So every RP clique is "known names"? Yeah alright then. Sorry but I asked to join a bunch of RP players in cities and a lot of the responses I got were absolutely vile.

Just stop. This community was actually decent. A long time ago.

I'll repeat what I said. The Wildstar community in my opinion is nothing but a bunch of toxic people who would rather watch their game die and drive people away than bring in new players. Again just my opinion.
    Sadly that opinion dont reflect reality in the slightest.

What on the earth ... the doomsayers never end.

After threats of no more content, a skeleton crew to 'maintain' the game... Wildstar still manage a new raid, and just now a new content patch, with new dungeons, replayable content (like Mythic+s on WoW), and yet all i read about is whine and complaints.

I don't get it.

I'm actually very excited to get back to the game after some time away. I still consider it the best MMO i played since WoW's TBC, it's just a shame it had so many glaring issues at launch.

I hope this patch brings more players in, kinda revitalizes the game a bit further.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Sadly that opinion dont reflect reality in the slightest.
    Then you clearly haven't hung out with the RP community. Foul toxic cliques.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    What on the earth ... the doomsayers never end.

After threats of no more content, a skeleton crew to 'maintain' the game... Wildstar still manage a new raid, and just now a new content patch, with new dungeons, replayable content (like Mythic+s on WoW), and yet all i read about is whine and complaints.

I don't get it.

I'm actually very excited to get back to the game after some time away. I still consider it the best MMO i played since WoW's TBC, it's just a shame it had so many glaring issues at launch.

I hope this patch brings more players in, kinda revitalizes the game a bit further.
    It's not just about bringing players in. It's about retaining those brought in. Sure numbers have gone up a but but that's purely because of the 50 boost and new content. If they want to keep those new players then they need to entice and give them a reason to remain playing. Retaining is the major key after bringing them in. I imagine a lot of people will just use the boost, log in and see what's up and log out again.

But god forbid people here are vocally critical of Wildstar. Let's just say it's all sunshine and rainbows and it's the best game ever and anyone saying otherwise is a "hater" right? I've stated why I like Wildstar. Cool graphics, good combat, decent raids and arguably the best housing system in any MMO alongside Rift. Also for what they have done while on a skeleton crew and the amount of money they have is actually impressive.

I've also stated why I dislike it. Carbines handling of the game marketing wise, community and the game has essentially gone pay to win now which up until then it had one of the best F2P models on the market which is slowly starting to crumble. If you want an echo chamber here of everyone praising the game like it's gods greatest gift to mankind well tough luck. There will always be critique and debate here both positive and negative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    A: They have been trying to imply it's the long term Wildstar players abusing the new players! When 99% of it is new players slagging off new players

B: They have no idea of RP names or guilds, again they are trying to imply the abuse came from actual role players, been around most MMO's and true RP are not like that at all.
    I've been around most MMOs as well. I've noticed the RP community to be more foul in Wildstar than anywhere else. WoW, Rift, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FF11, FF14, Ultima, Runescape and the list can go on for RP communities I've hung around with. Most of them were with ones I created with friends and we had no gripes with letting people in. But try to engage with them in Wildstar it's atrocious.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-10 at 07:07 PM.

Then you clearly haven't hung out with the RP community. Foul toxic cliques.
    Maybe, but you insulted entire community of players. Not a smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Maybe, but you insulted entire community of players. Not a smart move.
    What are they gonna do? Make a wall around Arcterra and trap me in?

To repeat what I said. The RP community is absolutely toxic. It's one of the worst I've seen in any MMO ever.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-03-10 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post

When someone just goes into a realm, asks a question and gets totally shit on by nearly everyone who responds...doesn't really matter who exactly did it, the impression is the same; the community is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    Sadly it's the internet, you can't expect people not to
    But that doesn't excuse it. Surely you agree on that? What doesn't help is it's a game that really needs new players. It can't afford to not gain new players. Especially with how down in the dumps it's financial situation is.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    And someone is way too easily offended. If that kind of commentary puts one off so much, shouldn't use internet at all.
    Here is the thing. I don't need to play Wildstar. I have 1k+ games in my Steam library so I have plenty to do. I also have a lot of MMO's that I can play. I decided to give WS a go again to see what it looks like at max level because I prefer to play MMO's because of the social interaction. I gave it a few minutes after asking last night and even said that I had read the article about the boost and there wasn't an indication there where it would be. That was the only answer that I got in the 3-5 minutes that I was online. Because WS is an MMO and MMO's have a fair amount of grouped content, I would need to play with those same people in game doing other content.

On the other hand, the people who play WS regularly NEED new blood. They need other people to play their game or it will close down. That's a given. Carbine has to make money to survive. Carbine NEED's more players. Getting snarky with people isn't doing themselves any favors. It's just a dumb move.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I don't play Wildstar. People are people - and hey, if you can't handle people, internet is not the best place for you.
    There are crazy drivers on the road so don't drive. That's not the answer. I do, however, get to choose where I spend my valuable time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I generally see a much higher concentration of assholes and toxic players in F2P games than in subscription only games.
    I just don't see this. I know games that I have played have F2P options are less toxic than P2P games that I have played.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, people are people. They are more or less the same everywhere. Many, or most, people are dumb. If you can't stand snarky comments and overall dumb behaviour, MMO's don't suit you well at all.

Personally, I can't stand drunk people at all. Therefore I don't go to bars. I don't assume people should behave better or not be drunk if I enter a bar. Or if the bar only has one other customer who is shitfaced drunk and annoying ...that he should behave better because the bar needs more customers. That's just not how world works. It's my problem that I can't stand drunk people, not theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Honestly all communities are like this, but if you're honestly giving up on an amazing game due to one person, i'd probably just get off the internet all together.

nexus chat is just flooded with people spamming "where do I get my free boost" it does get pretty annoying after a while when people could just read the launcher or anything else.

(I play on EU, and the community isn't toxic at all? Or are we talking about NA?)
    I am on NA. I will go back and check the launcher because I don't remember seeing see the info there about where to get your new boost.

Again, I don't need to play WS. I thought I would give it another go, that's all. People always talk about first impressions. When you log on and people are being a/holes in chat then why should I bother with the game? Does everyone ignore chat while playing WS? I don't have any investment in WS other than the money I spent on the game. I don't have high level characters or anything else to "bind" me to the game. Unfortunately, growth for WS is going to come from people like me. The people who have investments in the game are already there or they won't be enticed back with a free level 50 boost.

The biggest cop out is to say "if you aren't happy with xxx then don't go on the internet" or "if you aren't happy with yyy then don't play". The world is a different place now days. There is probably a hundred MMO's and thousands of other games without even thinking about the mobile stuff. Players are gold for online games so you want to hold onto them and that means not spitting in their face when they start playing. It's much easier to tell people to stuff off if they don't like something than to fix the problem. The only way WS is going to survive is if they fix things because there aren't enough people who are considering playing WS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soo after terms announcement if going console I had a thought naybe this games kept alive to go console. It could do insanely well on consoles imo much better then PC and be a possible rival to ffxiv

15+ Year Old Account
    I understand that, but being an asshole on the internet isn't just exclusive for wildstar. you'll find them everywhere, even here. sadly people just need to grow thicker skins in order to survive on the internet lol

When someone tells you to "learn to read" or something of the sort....it's rather mild. Unfortunately the gaming community is quite horrible in online games.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I understand that, but being an asshole on the internet isn't just exclusive for wildstar. you'll find them everywhere, even here. sadly people just need to grow thicker skins in order to survive on the internet lol
    Or we could stop normalizing people being douche canoes.

I'm not saying it's Wildstar exclusive god no. That would be moronic of me. What I said was it was more noticeable there because of the smaller community. Especially with the RP crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Soo after terms announcement if going console I had a thought naybe this games kept alive to go console. It could do insanely well on consoles imo much better then PC and be a possible rival to ffxiv
    I would play it if it came to Ps4. They did talk about doing a console version in the past.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I would play it if it came to Ps4. They did talk about doing a console version in the past.
    Yeah I know and it would definitely fill a niche f2p non p2win with 500 thousand things getting you to shop

So wait...where's the bloody menu that shows you where you earn the specific types of currency from? Went into the grid, but for the life of me could not find it. Ended up getting frustrated and logging out -_-

Yes, I'm a baddie.