Page 1 of 3
LastLast

'Im a real hunter now!'

Addie Vs Rexxar damage wise (as a battle companion)?

Rexxar seems to win generally. He summons a pet that aoes, and more importantly summons a pet that increases YOUR dmg by a few %. When the companions are doing 1% or less of your dmg rexxar increasing your dmg by 3% is a large buff.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Imo rexxar also has the worst perk for missions, I find a 15% when NOT having other champions on a mission , almost no benefit compared to a 20% duration reduce, so putting order resource/gold from WQ items on him doesn't feel wasted.

Deleted
    The question is more, why a battle companion at all?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    .... Really? That's a question?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... Really? That's a question?
    Nothing in the world takes any time to kill where 3% damage would even matter, hell, shit dies in a couple of globals at most. Pets/guardians do nothing but pull extra mobs and keep you in combat longer than needed. So, yeah it's a good question imo. Go with whatever gives you better mission percentages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always bring Addie if I have a bodyguard just because I find the huge pets Rexxar constantly summons to be annoying af. And Addie is a Gnome. Win-win.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    I always bring Addie if I have a bodyguard just because I find the huge pets Rexxar constantly summons to be annoying af. And Addie is a Gnome. Win-win.
    Huge pets? I'm guessing your hunter is a small, or tiny, race? The pets are regular sized (or even tiny, like Leokk) as an orc hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Nothing in the world takes any time to kill where 3% damage would even matter, hell, shit dies in a couple of globals at most. Pets/guardians do nothing but pull extra mobs and keep you in combat longer than needed. So, yeah it's a good question imo. Go with whatever gives you better mission percentages.
    Gold. Resources. Fun. Immersion. "Because I can/want". Plenty of reasons to bring one, so no, it's not a question, and most certainly not the question in question in this thread.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Rexxar is awesome! With the class hall perk + 100 OR +50g from him it gives me 200 OR each WQ. Not having a follower is a waste. And with Rexxar you get not only 1, not 2, but 3 companions with you!

And the other followers are so good with completing missions, Rexxar is the clear choice.

I used Rexxar for a bit, since he seemed like the worse of the 2 mission board wise. His model would get in the way a lot when looting, doubly so when he frequently bugged out and stayed mounted on his giant raven mount. The boar animal companion he summons would also keep AoEing after combat for several seconds, forcing me to wait or pull things I didnt want to pull all the time.
    I then tried out Addie, and all those frequent annoyances went away entirely. Never switching back.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Huge pets? I'm guessing your hunter is a small, or tiny, race? The pets are regular sized (or even tiny, like Leokk) as an orc hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Gold. Resources. Fun. Immersion. "Because I can/want". Plenty of reasons to bring one, so no, it's not a question, and most certainly not the question in question in this thread.
    Plenty of reasons not to have one, too, as I and others have listed above. But you're right, it is off-topic slightly, and I guess the specific topic has been answered: rexxar

honestly i can see the pros and cons, but right now with the upcoming need to have a bunch more resources, having one, equipped with the items that give you order resources is a huge +

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You don't want free 75 gold, or 150 order resources for each world quest, or a mix of it, 100 order resources + 50 gold ?

Could be more with orange follower items but those are much much rarer then blue/purple, and even more powerful after 7.2 when they add a 3rd equipment slot.

Also works on the companions that randomly proc, or are used by a spell cooldown, doesn't have to be a permanent bodyguard.

Yes the green follower items suck but it still means free stuff...
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-11 at 06:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

Also works on the companions that randomly proc, or are used by a spell cooldown, doesn't have to be a permanent bodyguard.
    That's why i use helmut, free stuff and does not pull crap and keep me in combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    You don't want free 75 gold, or 150 order resources for each world quest, or a mix of it, 100 order resources + 50 gold ?

Could be more with orange follower items but those are much much rarer then blue/purple, and even more powerful after 7.2 when they add a 3rd equipment slot.

Yes the green follower items suck but it still means free stuff...

Not really, it's peanuts either way. Might as well keep on rolling missions since one less follower is a big hit. That's even assuming the items that give the gold/resources already are available for the character since we can't just hop to a vendor and buy them.

Anyway, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. If those 150 resources or gold feel attractive then sure, go for it. I'd say Addie to avoid the problems mentioned about Rexxar.

Disabled Rexxar because his model and pets are too frigging huge and his traits aren't very helpful for the mission board. Using Addie right now with 2 gold equips on her for 75g a WQ (which adds up fast) and I'm not hurting on resources.
    As for mission tables, I usually get 185-200% completion running Hemet, Emmariel, Meatball, and the guy with the top hat (sorry, can't remember his name).
    If you haven't gotten Meatball yet, I strongly recommend getting rank2-4 of the brawlers guild and doing the missions at your table until you get the one that unlocks him. His traits basically make him like Garona from WoD as a follower, or if you're not interested in that he can also accompany you like Addie and Rex.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, it's peanuts either way. Might as well keep on rolling missions since one less follower is a big hit. That's even assuming the items that give the gold/resources already are available for the character since we can't just hop to a vendor and buy them.

Anyway, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. If those 150 resources or gold feel attractive then sure, go for it. I'd say Addie to avoid the problems mentioned about Rexxar.
    The items are very easy to get though, with 15/25 gold items being green and receiving them quite often from the resource trader. Also, assuming you have a 75g equivalent and just doing the 4 emissary quests a day, this equals out to 2100g a week. Yes, at this stage of the game that's pretty small; however, not doing this is equivalent of working a 2nd or 3rd shift job and not taking the shift differential pay. If you're doing the emissary/WQ's anyways, it's free gold. WHo cares how small or large the amount is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthos View Post
    This. Sums it up perfectly.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    honestly i can see the pros and cons, but right now with the upcoming need to have a bunch more resources, having one, equipped with the items that give you order resources is a huge +
    You can do that with Hemet and he never gets in your way. Always been my combat ally.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like Emmarel for the on-demand AoE/pet attack (but mostly as a carrier for +gold/resource bonuses). Actual "bodyguard"-style companions just get in the way and aggro extra stuff.

To me Rexxar and his pets are too annoying and get more in the way than the benefit they bring. Addie all the way.