10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea game freak is pure ass at 3D, which if anyone is expecting some amazing change to Pokemon to suddenly be an AAA 3D open world like Zelda well... lol... Not until Game Freak hires about 80 more talented employees.

Even when a Pokemon game does eventually come to the Switch it will still be top down simplistic 3D models like it currently is on 3DS, just with cleaner looking models due to the res bump.
    I don't think people give Game Freak enough credit for making all those 3d models... You realize they had to make 3d models for all the pokemon, and the variants and then had to model literally every single attack every single pokemon could make across all, what? 600 fucking things or however we're at now? That's a lot of shit to do for a 3DS game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    So how easily does it scratch? I've been careful with removing it from the dock and have noticed no scratches but I'm paranoid enough that I'll probably get a screen protector next chance I get.
    Why exactly is the docked designed like it is? whats the reason for the dock needing to encase the entire thing rather than just a simple stand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not only was it not 10/10 by any stretch of the imagination, the frame drops were a constant when you weren't in a shrine. I really wish people could be critical of a game even if you like it.
    Yeah, no. The frame drops are few and far between. They happen when there is a lot of grass and the sun reflects on the scenery, or when you make the grass catch fire. The starting zone is a typical example of when this happens, but the rest of the game does not have a lot of these elements to make the frame drops constant. I have been playing the game in docked mode since launch, so I should know.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2017-03-11 at 08:59 PM.

Not only was it not 10/10 by any stretch of the imagination, the frame drops were a constant when you weren't in a shrine. I really wish people could be critical of a game even if you like it.
    Wrong. Completely, and utterly wrong.

Play the fucking game. I've been playing again for the last 30 minutes. Purposely looking for FPS drops - while doing the main story. Some mild drops when walking through long grass. Some minor drops when on horse back going into new areas. These FPS drops last a second or two at most.

That's it. That is literally it.

I am critical on other areas of the game. The voice acting is poor. The story is fairly meh. The music is too bland. The FPS drops are hardly worth a mention in compared to these (apart from the voice acting maybe).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Yeah, no. The frame drops are few and far in-between. They happen when there is a lot of grass and the sun reflects on the scenery, or when you make the grass catch fire. The starting zone's is a typical example of when this happens, but the rest of the game does not have a lot of these elements to make the frame drops constant. I have been playing the game in docked mode since launch, so I should know.
    Thank you friend. Thank you.
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2017-03-11 at 08:47 PM.

But...
    He's actually pretty much right-
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Le...Wild#Reception

Major review sites ARE giving it a 10/10, or extremely close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah those frame drops aren't a reason to lose even .5 imo. They're noticeable but when you're playing they aren't going to impact you. The last of us to me is a 10/10 but the ps3 version was janky as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post

Play the fucking game. I've been playing again for the last 30 minutes. Purposely looking for FPS drops - while doing the main story. Some mild drops when walking through long grass. Some minor drops when on horse back going into new areas. These FPS drops last a second or two at most.

I am critical on other areas of the game. The voice acting is poor. The story is fairly meh. The music is too bland. The FPS drops are hardly worth a mention in compared to these (apart from the voice acting maybe).

- - - Updated - - -

I find it weird that you bold that yet say in 30 minutes you saw multiple instances , seems a bit of a contradiction.

Yeah, no. The frame drops are few and far in-between. They happen when there is a lot of grass and the sun reflects on the scenery, or when you make the grass catch fire. The starting zone's is a typical example of when this happens, but the rest of the game does not have a lot of these elements to make the frame drops constant. I have been playing the game in docked mode since launch, so I should know.
    Almost every time more than 3 mobs come at me, the frame rate drops.

Forget using a horse as you run past a group of enemies.

I actually only play docked myself anymore. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeah those frame drops aren't a reason to lose even .5 imo. They're noticeable but when you're playing they aren't going to impact you. The last of us to me is a 10/10 but the ps3 version was janky as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it weird that you bold that yet say in 30 minutes you saw multiple instances , seems a bit of a contradiction.
    Two FPS drops in 30 minutes that last 2 seconds?
    Right.

Stop being pedantic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two FPS drops in 30 minutes that last 2 seconds?
    Right.

Stop being pedantic.
    You wrote 'some mild drops when walking' and 'some minor drops when on horse back'

Some. You'll have to excuse me when I use the word some it means multiple otherwise I use the letter a. As in a drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Almost every time more than 3 mobs come at me, the frame rate drops.

Forget using a horse as you run past a group of enemies.

I actually only play docked myself anymore. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's noticeable.
    I haven't really noticed any frame rate issues with combat unless it's an area like Hyrule Field with tons of grass, or other areas with forest/grass in the mix.

One thing I do hope is that Nintendo will be able to actually patch this somehow. Doesn't ruin the game and it being highly enjoyable, but it would be nice nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You wrote 'some mild drops when walking' and 'some minor drops when on horse back'

Some. You'll have to excuse me when I use the word some it means multiple otherwise I use the letter a. As in a drop.
    walking through long grass.

If you're going to correct me, correct me right.
    Yeah. Being pedantic sure is fun isn't it?

But yes, you're right, I should have been clearer. Two FPS drops in 30 minutes of play-time. Each lasting around two seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    walking through long grass.

If you're going to correct me, correct me right.
    Yeah. Being pedantic sure is fun isn't it?

But yes, you're right, I should have been clearer. Two FPS drops in 30 minutes of play-time. Each lasting around two seconds.
    I wasnt being pedantic, you wrote it wrong, I'm not a mind reader. Had you written two drops then ofc I wouldn't have replied as I did, but you blaming me for your incorrect choice of words is hardly fair is it.

I haven't really noticed any frame rate issues with combat unless it's an area like Hyrule Field with tons of grass, or other areas with forest/grass in the mix.

One thing I do hope is that Nintendo will be able to actually patch this somehow. Doesn't ruin the game and it being highly enjoyable, but it would be nice nonetheless.
    That is what I meant for clarification, since in my experience so far, the only time you have multiple enemies really is out in the field. I don't have any problems with how it is personally, but it's definitely somewhat disorienting almost to have happen.
    Primarily on the horse, I'm not sure what it is, but I seem to have the most issues while on a horse.

That is what I meant for clarification, since in my experience so far, the only time you have multiple enemies really is out in the field. I don't have any problems with how it is personally, but it's definitely somewhat disorienting almost to have happen.
    Primarily on the horse, I'm not sure what it is, but I seem to have the most issues while on a horse.
    I must say. I'm not a fan of the horse riding. It feels clunky to 'steer'.
    Is that a flaw or is it my Horse not behaving?

I must say. I'm not a fan of the horse riding. It feels clunky to 'steer'.
    Is that a flaw or is it my Horse not behaving?
    The horse does purposely veer off track if you don't have it fully "tamed", but I do still feel as if it's a bit odd at times to control.

Also going full speed on the horse causes all intelligence in the horse to fade away it seems, since it will run right into walls and boulders. If you stick to a gallop though, it should follow trails, like the Witcher 3 horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I don't think people give Game Freak enough credit for making all those 3d models... You realize they had to make 3d models for all the pokemon, and the variants and then had to model literally every single attack every single pokemon could make across all, what? 600 fucking things or however we're at now? That's a lot of shit to do for a 3DS game.
    Considering the Pokemon are the only things with any detail in them, no modeling that many of them is not impressive in the least. Go look at your average game and count how many unique high quality models are in it. If you think that character/npc models are the only thing time intensive to model then you don't understand game development. In fact designing a straight up world is far more intensive as artists have to draw and model the places from multiple perspectives over and over again.

Game Freak is just a low tier studio tech wise with a hell of an IP on their hands. They went kicking and screaming into 3D with the 3DS and their transition to HD gaming isn't going to be any smoother. They don't have the raw staff or talent to produce good 3D worlds.

Also to the people still arguing about Zelda review scores, yes there are performance issues and if that effects your personal review score then it does, pretty much every reviewer mentioned it regardless of if they gave the game a 10 or not. 10 does not mean perfect game, it means masterpiece, game of generation potential. After putting 40 hours in BoTW I personally feel that it deserves a 10 based on that criteria simply because the gameplay is that good in spite of the performance issues.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-03-11 at 09:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no. The frame drops are few and far between. They happen when there is a lot of grass and the sun reflects on the scenery, or when you make the grass catch fire. The starting zone is a typical example of when this happens, but the rest of the game does not have a lot of these elements to make the frame drops constant. I have been playing the game in docked mode since launch, so I should know.
    You're literally fucking wrong. I beat the game last night, so I should know

- - - Updated - - -

ok =PPPPP

is nintendo paying you to defend them?

But...
    He's actually pretty much right-
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Le...Wild#Reception

Major review sites ARE giving it a 10/10, or extremely close.
    lel "reviewers". This game wouldn't get such high scores if it didn't have that zelda branding.

lel "reviewers". This game wouldn't get such high scores if it didn't have that zelda branding.
    Subjective. As with all "reviews". You can't claim that as factual while using your own opinion as proof.

Also doesn't change that it's what the other poster was talking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Subjective. As with all "reviews". You can't claim that as factual while using your own opinion as proof.

Also doesn't change that it's what the other poster was talking about.
    I can because I can see past the fact that it's zelda and that it has a ton of flaws. Have you ever noticed in all the things I list about this game, the subjective stuff like graphics and aesthetics aren't one of them.

Yes it does because the game isn't flawless which is what 10/10 means. Even you who says the horse controls aren't very good which I would say they're awful with how little you're able to control them. They were better in oot for fucks sake.

Yes it does because the game isn't flawless which is what 10/10 means.
    10/10 Means something different for each reviewer and person in general.

10/10 Has never ment perfect by any of the big named reviewers. The issues people have had with games (Zelda BOTW) could be so small to them they still feel its a 10/10.

Everyone should take review's with a massive grain of salt ether way. Enjoy the game rate it what you wish and be happy.

I'm looking forward to playing it and the only Zelda I ever gave a perfect score is Majora's Mask.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD