Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It is dead. Both player-wise and development-wise. There hasn't been interesting new content in 1-2 years.
    That's part of why there was so much hype for d3 at Blizzcon. People were expecting something big, since it felt like they just gave up on d3. And after Blizzcon it looks like they really did.
    Even Kripp who's known for getting drawn into games and no-lifeing for weeks at times just got disappointed by the direction the development is going. After that he played d1 (because the d1 event in d3 which is the thing that disappointed him so much) and even that was more fun lmao.

D3 always had its problems. I'm surprised it has lasted as long as it has. Personally I disliked it the most that majority of skills and their runes are bad and that every character partially because of this are exactly the same. People have same sets, same items, same skills and they do the same thing. Games like PoE allow enormous amount of customization for character building (though that game too has its meta...). You could then say "if you don't like d3, go play poe!". Sure. Thats what what I do.

Now if poe had character control like d3...

7+ Year Old Account
    D3 is a surprisingly good game. The original game was really bad and it took alot of time for it to just be an okay game, but Reaper of Souls made the game really amazing. It gives you alot to play around with and you can play the different classes in several different ways, that gives a very unique experience. The story is alright and it proberly have one of the most enjoyable "grinds" in the entire industry, since it just showers you with items, that each can have a different effect on how you play. ''

There are also still players playing the game, so you would not be totally alone if you want to play co-op, but the game is just as enjoyable if you play solo. It is a huge game and there can be found many good hours inside the game, and the game is still being updated to this day.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

If you like grinding like a braindead zombie, them yes, it's still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    If you like grinding like a braindead zombie, them yes, it's still alive.
    Well, every single other APRG on the market requires you to grind a lot to obtain the best stuff. The actual problem in D3 is that you DON'T NEED to grind anything MEANINGFUL. There's just Paragon for GRs and Gems but most of the players are done way before even tackling high end GRs.

Also, GRs have no other purpose than to feed ladders since gearing is done extremely fast and all that's left is minor number increases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Now if poe had character control like d3...
    That would be wonderful.

However there actually is build diversity in D3 - it's the game structure that doesn't favor anything else that isn't "meta" or "top build". PoE on the other end has a way broader set f options that don't lock you out of the endgame, but you have the concrete and very real risk of building your character wrong and simply unable to reach certain content (the risk is minimal for seasoned players); stuff like that simply cannot happen in D3.
    PoE has a very high inital commitment requirement to be enjoyed at its fullest and many people simply don't want that. D3 being immediate and gameplay/combat-wise really good makes up for a lot of this.

Also returning again on ladders and endgame structure: in PoE ladders are based on clear times of ceratin maps IIRC which is something completely unneded to play/build your character. In D3 ladders are the only purpose to the infinite GRs scaling and nothing else is present.
    That makes even more notable the issue that in D3 you don't have much to do after you've completed the journey. You can set your own goals, but they have a so small impact on your gameplay that most players stop caring way before that point.

In PoE i can design my own char and playstyle, and try to tackle the endgame. Only thing that changes is clearing times (until you fucked it up) and it's just up to the player to decide if it's fine or they want things faster - hence reroll a better char/build.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    It is dead. Both player-wise and development-wise. There hasn't been interesting new content in 1-2 years.
    The fact there's a 2.5.0 PTR up and running right now doesn't mean it's dead, regardless of size of the contents, it's a content patch.

Even if only a few skills/legendaries etc get changes each time, it's still being "developed", bug fix patches are a different story.

Also Necromancer is still coming to the game as well.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-03-02 at 03:05 AM.

I really is dead and it has gotten worse the last few months because Blizzard has been doing very minimal updating.

Deleted
    I'd play it if I had anyone to play it with >_>

Dead and gone.
    only D4 will revive the franchise, the Necromancer pack will get people going for abit and when they realize Its the same thing they did for the past seasons they willl quit again for good.

D4+RMAH will get this machine going.

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    D4+RMAH will get this machine going.
    Hahahaha no.

RMAH was a profanity - D4 is on the line and will come out but how it will be depends only on D4. D3 being underpar doesn't make D4 automatically good.
    For what we know, they could make D4 exactly like D3 since it sold a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs a new Expansion or D4.

The Seasons bring nothing to the table anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Needs a new Expansion or D4.

The Seasons bring nothing to the table anymore.
    Yeah it could really need a new expansion. RoS made a huge improvement and i believe, that another expansion could give that aswell. Maybe they should have taken necromancer and saved it for an expansion.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

It's one of the only games that I can get random friends to play with. I don't play it as much as I used to, but I really enjoy it still.

I'd love a new expansion or sequel soon though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Yeah it could really need a new expansion. RoS made a huge improvement and i believe, that another expansion could give that aswell. Maybe they should have taken necromancer and saved it for an expansion.
    I bet the new business model will have them releasing new heroes annually.

Deleted
    I think I played it for like 10 hours on release and never touched it since. I really don't understand who plays all these "seasons" and shit, it's the same fucking game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordago View Post
    I think I played it for like 10 hours on release and never touched it since. I really don't understand who plays all these "seasons" and shit, it's the same fucking game.
    Go tell that to all PoE players and basically any ARPG. To me it just looks like it's not your genre at all.

EDIT: though you're right that the game is pretty fast to "expire". New seasons don't add really much to the whole thing, i personally do them for the collectibles/cosmetics then i'm done (which totals around 20 hours tops).

On PoE for example every league (the seasons) add or change gameplay mechanics, with the last one adding a really cool system which i hope stays as core.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-03-09 at 08:30 AM.

its stale, not dead. plenty of people come back for seasons, there is never an issue finding groups to do content. it just, hasnt changed much recently so very stale.

Diablo 3 is a game that I would be currently playing if it was not for my being so damn bored with each of the available classes. The Crusader was weird - I liked his abilities that had to do with shields but disliked the rest of his toolkit, so I played through most of RoS with the same five baseline classes as vanilla which has caused me to go on a bit of a burn out.

With that being said, the content still seems fun. I would totally be down to do some greater rifts and reforge my entire gold fortune away for the sake of squeezing those few extra points of DPS out of my gear, yet I cannot find a class to do it with.

Still, there are plenty of people reconnecting with the game and doing runs each time a new season starts. I am thinking about doing the same once the Necromancer is released.

Necro might bring some people back, but it wont hold people's attention for long. Same loot, same dungeons, same game.

Deleted
    It's stale because there's not much new stuff to keep people interessed, but also because balance is still bad. Meaning that a few fun builds/sets are dead in the water weak while others are massively more competitive.

If you happen to love a build that is top notch, great, if you happen to just love a few underpowered builds, than nothing to do because you know it's pointless and you can't go much higher.