Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Kyoto was not the target they wanted to go for..kokura. And yes they missed and killed civilians. But again...(sigh kinda feel like a skipping record right now). The main question asked by the maker of the thread was...why is america given shit over A bombs and is it just that they should be blamed or not. Witch i answer already.
    I even stated they i found the second bomb throwing not smart etc.

- - - Updated - - -

And you can small bs...impressive.
    Not know by me that they also raped. Then america should be added to the rapist list. Lets put it this way...america did not do it on the grand scale the others did.

Study the survivors to see what happened is not the same thing as dr mengele type stuff...okay....

And i never said america was the good guy and did not wrong.

So lets make the sentence more correct for you:

Old one
    Ally's ( except for russia) did not rape, torture, experiment on civilians , russia, japan and germany did!!

New one:
    Ally's ( except for russia and usa) did not rape, torture, experiment on civilians , like russia, japan and germany on mass did. And America did on a smaller scale ( for some of the stuff)!!

As for the kyanon Kikan...could link some info?!?!?!? because little to be found on it.
    http://apjjf.org/2014/12/40/Tessa-Mo...zuki/4198.html
    http://apjjf.org/2014/12/41/Tessa-Mo...zuki/4201.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Bullshit...so much I call it as a lie.
    At that time you have no info given to you other than newspapers and the radio. The occasional items thrown in cinemas as well.
    In the US men were lining up to enlist. (Damn good reason why they were called the "Greatest Generation), because they believed they were fighting the good fight. And after Pearl Harbor was attacked without any fucking provocation, you'd be at the head of the line. You'd be ashamed if you were disqualified because of physical reasons ("4F"), but you'd would never live down being labeled a coward. (Not one business would even hire you if they thought that you were hiding instead of going out there to fight. Because as it was put then, There's no running away from this)
    Any attempt to say differently only reveals how little you know of the social mores that existed then.

Of course it shows what kind of a person you are today...
    If everybody was so okay with bombing civilians and using nukes, how come no chemical weapons were used during the war?

I think it's quite reasonable to say that if the nazi's/japanese hadn't attacked population centers throughout the war, the allies wouldn't have used that tactic nearly as indiscriminately.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-03-13 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    its not about who matters more, it's about military necessity and proportionality.

Usually its not militarily necessary to attack population centers (not to be confused with industrial centers).

The obvious exception is a total war situation, but WW2 was really the last of those.

It's quite easy to see why attacking strategically unimportant/unneeded targets is considered bad.

Dude, you do realise that the civilians that feed the army and build the planes are more important strategically than some shmucks armed with rifles that are just cannon fodder, right?

If everybody was so okay with bombing civilians and using nukes, how come no chemical weapons were used during the war?
    Mutual agreement. Nobody want'ed to wear the chem gear, IMO.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

You're reading others' posts and responding to me...that's cute. But if you can read that much you can read what I actually posted and respond accordingly.

Bullshit...so much I call it as a lie.
    At that time you have no info given to you other than newspapers and the radio. The occasional items thrown in cinemas as well.
    In the US men were lining up to enlist. (Damn good reason why they were called the "Greatest Generation), because they believed they were fighting the good fight. And after Pearl Harbor was attacked without any fucking provocation, you'd be at the head of the line. You'd be ashamed if you were disqualified because of physical reasons ("4F"), but you'd would never live down being labeled a coward. (Not one business would even hire you if they thought that you were hiding instead of going out there to fight. Because as it was put then, There's no running away from this)
    Any attempt to say differently only reveals how little you know of the social mores that existed then.

Of course it shows what kind of a person you are today...
    The kind of person I am today is one who doesn't let war crimes slide because of blind nationalism.

For the record about two thirds of US soldiers in WWII were conscripts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The kind of person I am today is one who doesn't let war crimes slide because of blind nationalism.

Japan was scrambling to build its own nuclear weapon.

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-06-..._1_atomic-bomb

The Germans sent the Japanese 560 kilograms of uranium for the Japanese Atomic bomb program. Aren't we entitled to self defense?

This was the u-boat captain whose u-boat was to ferry the uranium from Germany to Japan.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Thank you for the info . It was a very interesting read. Learned allot of new stuff.
    But still....not the point... not the question of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Japan was scrambling to build its own nuclear weapon.

http://articles.latimes.com/1997-06-..._1_atomic-bomb

The Germans sent the Japanese 560 kilograms of uranium for the Japanese Atomic bomb program. Aren't we entitled to self defense?

This was the u-boat captain whose u-boat was to ferry the uranium from Germany to Japan.
    There is no universe in which Hiroshima and Nagasaki were self-defence.

Deleted
    You're reading others' posts and responding to me...that's cute. But if you can read that much you can read what I actually posted and respond accordingly.
    someone said using the nukes shortened the war
    someone said not everybody agrees on that, and even if it was true it still a bad thing to do.
    you said, easy for you to say 70 years later
    they said they would hold that opinion even if they were alive then
    you said bulshit, everybody was lining up to fight "the good fight" and thus agreed with using nukes. (well actually you said people were peer pressured into agreeing, which loses you this agrument, but well just read past that)

so then it logically follows, if everybody was so okay with using means like bombing cilivians and nukes to shorten the war, why were other available means like chemical weapons not used under the same reasoning? Especially late in the war when chance or retaliation was neglible.

There is no universe in which Hiroshima and Nagasaki were self-defence.
    Were we supposed to let Japan nuke us?

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Were we supposed to let Japan nuke us?
    You are really going to sit there and claim that you think Japan nuking the US was a realistic possibility?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Dude, you do realise that the civilians that feed the army and build the planes are more important strategically than some shmucks armed with rifles that are just cannon fodder, right?
    they don't build planes at home.

You are really going to sit there and claim that you think Japan nuking the US was a realistic possibility?
    Yes.

Did you know we, meaning the British, Soviets and US gave Japan 10 days notice? Did you know that we broad casted our demands by AM radio and dropped millions of leaflets so that every Japanese would know?

-- Capt. Copeland

simple folk dont realize how many lives it saved. thats all.

they don't build planes at home.

You don't make food and AKs at home, either.

Deleted
    You don't make food and AKs at home, either.
    yeah, so why blow up the homes if you can help it?

if you don't blow up the homes, but do blow up the factories, they are useless for the war effort but still take up resources to keep alive.

What war crimes?
    Your little opinion isn't relevant.
    And neither what was written long after.
    And conscription was supported by a wide majority of Americans.
    So your little point was as usual...pointless.
    someone said using the nukes shortened the war
    someone said not everybody agrees on that, and even if it was true it still a bad thing to do.
    you said, easy for you to say 70 years later
    they said they would hold that opinion even if they were alive then
    you said bulshit, everybody was lining up to fight "the good fight" and thus agreed with using nukes. (well actually you said people were peer pressured into agreeing, which loses you this agrument, but well just read past that)
    Either respond to the actual words or don't respond at all. You're putting words in my posts that don't exist. (Is English your first language? Because I'll help you out here; the word "nuke" isn't anywhere in the last several of my posts)

yeah, so why blow up the homes?

if you don't blow up the homes, but do blow up the factories, they are useless for the war effort but still take up resources to keep alive.
    You'd need to blow up a lot of factories.

Deleted
    Either respond to the actual words or don't respond at all. You're putting words in my posts that don't exist. (Is English your first language? Because I'll help you out here; the word "nuke" isn't anywhere in the last several of my posts)
    maybe you are the one who should read what he responds to then.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd need to blow up a lot of factories.
    thats why they call it strategic bombing and why they did a lot of it.

i mean, lets say for sake of argument the nazis were nice guys and didn't kill civilians left and right. do you think the allies would have been the one to make the first move of targeting population centers then? i'd say if that were the case theyd have tried to avoid it.