Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki Treehorn View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Reasons-Vote-.../dp/1543024971

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/us/book-best-seller-trnd/

Pretty creative way to make a quick buck (even if they just copied the Trump book it was re-branded and marketed better). Didn't read about the Trump book in November I wonder if it sold as many copies, it has 1/3 the comments so doesn't seem likely.

Here's a link to the Trump book if anyone wants to buy it https://www.amazon.com/Trump-Deserve.../dp/1540743225
    As the old saying goes, simple pleasures for simple minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is pretty strong evidence that people will pay cash money to signal their virtue to their in-group. What other reason could there possibly be to buy this?
    You LITERALLY do this every single time you buy anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The funny part about all this is that Trump supporters have claimed that liberals' contempt for them is why they voted for Trump... meanwhile, back in reality, we have shining examples like yourself. Stay classy.
    Meanwhile, back in reality, leftist contempt for the rest of us was only part of the reason we voted for Trump. The other reason was because said leftists put up a deeply flawed candidate, under multiple indictments, who had weak ideas and all the charm of Nurse Ratched from "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest."

If people on either side are willing to foolishly spend their money on a blank book for the sole purpose of trolling the opposing side then let them. It's rather silly...I would actually spend my money on things I can actually read and enjoy like the WoW Chronicle Vol2 that is coming out this Tuesday(?)

However on the plus side if Trump ever decides to pick up said book, I'm sure he'll be able to finish it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Meanwhile, back in reality, leftist contempt for the rest of us was only part of the reason we voted for Trump
    Always the best way to select your leaders, to spite those who don't think like you.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amazon reviews alone are worth the $10.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Always the best way to select your leaders, to spite those who don't think like you.
    Didn't say it was the only reason. Also didn't say it was because the opposition didn't "think like us." The opposition insulted us. Continuously. Spiting them in this case was just the frosting on the cake.

Trumpers finally got a book they can read.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The comment section on Amazon is excellent.
    That it is. It's quite clever tbh, though any side could have used this simple idea.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish at least one person who bought this book actually filled up these blank pages with reasonable arguments
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Read the number 1 comment:
    A few years ago, as I was studying for my master's degree in engineering, I had the inspiration to sit in on a Women's Studies lecture. Never in my academic career have I been so profoundly affected. Truly, the depth of logic, critical thinking, and openness to challenging views displayed by the professor was unlike any other educator I had ever encountered. Having been exposed to the quality of scholarship one can only find at my university by auditing one of its Women's Studies lectures, I knew I would never be able to truly comprehend the subject because of my thrice-be-damned white cis-gendered male heterosexual privilege. Wallowing in full-time employment and chained to my role in the patriarchy as a husband and father, I had given up on ever truly grasping the profound moral and philosophical core behind the modern social justice movement, progressives, and those who understand the true worth of pursuing diversity for its own sake.

Enter Michael J. Knowles. In this poetic work, I have found what my heart has felt, but my words could never express. He captures the very soul of the Democratic party with a profundity of insight I never would have thought to find in a fellow cisgendered male. This is more than the petty political rants that dominate the bestseller list. Within these pages lies the fundamental substance and logic behind placing equality of outcome over equality of opportunity, defining one's beliefs according to the content of one's loins or the melanin levels of one's skin, accommodating and inviting mass immigration from cultures that hate us, and the ultimate truth that every material necessity is a fundamental human right that the government must provide at the expense of the 1%.

I bought this book not only for myself, but for my grandfather, a lifelong Republican who fought in WW2, marched in the Civil Rights Movement, worked in 8 presidential administrations, and farmed for nearly his entire life. Yeah, he's a patriarch's patriarch. I'm confident this book will give this 92-year-old man something productive to do when he isn't out working in his woods with a chain saw, clearing brush, or giving invited speeches. Perhaps, like me, he'll come to understand the deeper mysteries that motivate my sister and cousins when they lecture him on the unquestionable greatness of the Black Lives Matter movement, Caitlyn Jenner's heroic bravery, and the exclusively evil, oppressive history of white people in America. With a little luck, he might even check his privilege.

DISCLAIMER: For those without a sense of humor, this is intended to be a satirical review of a satirical blank book. This is the second time I'm posting this review. Apparently my original review triggered someone so badly they reported it as abuse and got the #3 review on the front page deleted. Although I find that passive aggression hilarious, if you have a beef with my review, I think you'll feel better if you just reply and tell me why you don't like it. Who knows? You might even change my mind.

I see this as more of a gag gift for a Democrat friend than anything else. Nothing wrong with a gag gift.

The fact that its sold enough to be the #1 Best Seller is amazing and hilarious. And it has as much value as any book by Bill Maher!

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    You LITERALLY do this every single time you buy anything.
    Not sure what virtue signaling I'm doing by buying milk at the grocery store

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The shit con men can get conservatives to spend money on to "own the libs" never ceases to amaze. Whole industry of snake oil salesmen built up around that political wing.
    You seem to have missed the book about Trump. You never improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now we can spawn new memes! Just look:

(CLICKABLE) 10 hours of best conservative jokes (CLICKABLE)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

If this wasn't already explored by Family Guy and i can assume some other form of entertainment. Taking this out to a real book is just stupid.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Not sure what virtue signaling I'm doing by buying milk at the grocery store
    That's exactly the problem.

Review section has some gold.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is pretty strong evidence that people will pay cash money to signal their virtue to their in-group. What other reason could there possibly be to buy this?
    Either that or conservatives cannot handle complicated books

10+ Year Old Account
    Inc someone suing the author for 266 million dollars, reason : scamming.... lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Trumpers finally got a book they can read.
    Disappointed it took so long for this response. It was my first thought when I saw this story.