Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Destiny: Illidan and Azshara

So I ran through the Xera quest line again, and I must say, I enjoyed it much more the second time round without all the negative pre-conceptions and so was able to pick up a few things:

1. Illidan is a child of Light and Shadow: Champion of the Light we dub him, but the lore states him as the one destined to bring an end to the demons
    Xera:
    Xe'ra says: Do not be alarmed, mortal. Your consciousness has been projected to my astral presence in the Great Dark Beyond.
    Xe'ra says: I am Xe'ra, one of the first naaru to be forged here during the great ordering of the cosmos.
    Xe'ra says: You have come to the crucible of all creation in search of answers. Listen then, and find enlightenment.
    Xe'ra says: In a time now long past, a great battle was fought that would determine the fate of all worlds. It was in that final battle that the all-powerful titan Pantheon fell to one of their own: Sargeras.
    [|Kf198|kRagnorak|k] has gone offline.
    Xe'ra says: After the fall, none were left to oppose the will of Sargeras. Unfettered, the dark titan and his Burning Legion would go on to annihilate countless worlds in their Burning Crusade.
    Xe'ra says: From the ashes of those ravaged worlds, survivors arose to stand against the demons. They became known as the Army of the Light.
    Xe'ra says: But now, the Golden Army teeters upon the precipice of oblivion as their campaign on Argus nears its terminus. Should they fall, the Legion will initiate a new Burning Crusade, and with it the cosmos will tremble.
    Xe'ra says: I am here now on a mission of desperation. I seek the child of Light and Shadow: the boy destined to end the age of demons.
    Xe'ra says: The one called Illidan Stormrage
    for the Xera haters: Xera is not a kil'jaeden tool, Xe'ra is the one that informs the in-game world through the hero of the fall of the titans. Remember, Chronicle vol 1 knowledge is not common-knowledge in-game. Not sure even the Keepers know of the titans' demise. Xe'ra being one of the first naaru does. Also of knowledge of creation which pre-dates Sargeras who was awoken by Aman'thul long after the original ordering

The crucible of creation and the great ordering of the cosmos, is probably the surest indication that Elune indeed is as they said she was the true goddess. She would pre-date the titans (therefore not a titan) as she created the Naaru and ordered the creation of the universe. She is probably both light and shadow as the two together clashing is what caused the great dark beyond (the warcraft universe) to come to be.

2. Also Xera says this:
    Traveling Pilgrim says: That one! His eyes are golden!
    Priestess of the Moon says: Indeed. The child is destined for a great and prosperous future. His name... is Illidan.
    Xe'ra says: Illidan's was a life full of potential. His destiny forged in the great ordering and cast to the cosmic winds, where at last it would find a home on Azeroth. Within the tiny vessel the great cycle began anew.
    Now Illidan's golden eyes signify a great destiny, and while that is no longer the case for night elves, it woudl have been for Azshara too. Question is, there far more to Azshara than we've seen so far. Sure Empress of the greatest empire ever on Azeroth is no small feat, Azeroth was never so well shaped and tended too by the night elves in the height of her reign, but she also brought in the Legion, and she's still around.

My Azshara- theory
    I suspect that the Azshara might be linked to Azeroth herself, and part of her craziness was old god influenced. The old gods spotted the connection and used Azshara's vanity to lure her. Azshara loved beauty and she was all about making Azeroth a perfect paradise both for sentients through amazing cities and place to live that complemented the natural enviornment, and for animals/fauna by shaping beuatiufl forests, it wasn't jsut her, but her people - which is why bringing the legion was so traumatic to night elves because it accomplished everything they stood against. But the process that led to such a noble and outstanding individual being corrupted is what i would like to read about.

the original Warcraft timeline had the war of the ancients go on for 250 years, and no one knows how long Azshara had been in contact with Sargeras... the elves wielding such incredible power, able to scope the stars - with their ever starward focus, she would have eventually come acrsoss all kidns of horrors and possibly wonders, and perhaps desired greatly to extend the work on Azeorth to the cosmos. I believe this would have initially motivated the queen to stretch beyond safe limits. Sargeras could have fooled her by playing to her desires at first, then slowly twisting the Queen to come to see that a destruction was worth but in order to rebuild. I would imagine that Azshara was not initially fooled by the titan, though amazed at his power and i think he woudl not have been able to turn her to utter destruction, which led eventually to subterfuge, twisting his motives of destruction to appear as a chance for rebirth - which in effect they are, Sargeras wants to destroy the existing order so the light can genesis a new great beyond without any corruption. In time shown her...eventually resulting in a changed perspective, no longer tursting Elune th elight, but instead the power of knowledge in self, cranking up digging hte mysteries of the wel, Azshara woudl now work to make her people ready to join the magical elites of the universe as leaders, afterall she has aeons to catch up on, so she pushes them further, arrogance, and measure of goldness creeps in, and the highborne take cue on this like its a fashion trend so smitten by their Queen and viewing themselves as extensions of her, adopted her view point.

The masses having no idea ofc that it is Azshara that has become so arrogant- because she hides it so well under her beauty and graceful speesch, and the memory of when she was genuinely pure goodness, her highborne act out the queen's true postiion. not all of them ofc, but generally enough as a group to draw the ire of their kin - this leads to the haughty state we witness become part of noble culture in Suramar (as seen in some nightborne both 10,000 years ago in the war of the ancients when they were highborne and currently in legion)

okay, i'm rambling off course. Long and short, speculation about Azeroth links, Azshara is not done with yet and may have an equally important role.

TLDR version: Illidan is a child of both LIGHT and SHADOW, this is going to be the champion of the light, for while the void lords and the legion may want the destruction of everything, he will be their undoing by embracing and wielding both kinds. It likely means Illidan will learn to wield BOTH light and shadow/fel magic which means, that he will retain his demonic abilities - already a master of both order (arcane) and chaos (fel) he is going to reflect both. And Azshara, the other with golden eyes, probably has more to come

- - - Updated - - -

Xe'ra says: Few have known such failure and rejection. Most would have given up, but Illidan would continue on, guided by the unseen hand of fate. His destiny lay elsewhere.
    Seems the opposite of Azshara, who had string of success after success and quite the opposite of rejection, finding acceptance and everyone around her wanting her. yet she to is guided by the unseen hand of fate - but it would seem hers ends in ultimate defeat, and whiles his in victory

azshara didn't care about making azeroth safe for sentients, she cared about being adored and having power. everything she ever had built was for her glory and majesty, nothing else. she wasn't corrupted, she's just a female version of gul'dan. only instead of just power, she also wanted adoration.

idk about the other stuff, but azshara was not even remotely as goodhearted as you claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Azshara was never good at heart - of her transformation into a Naga it was said that it reflected the selfishness and malice that had always been in her core self. Azshara only pretended to care for her people, aware that her illusion of solicitude fed directly into her desires to be loved and adored. Golden eye signifying a great destiny was also an invention of the Night Elves - it was discovered later that golden eyes denoted strong Druidic potential in the Night Elves. Malfurion himself was born with silver eyes like most of his kin, but his eyes turned golden when he was deeper along the path of the Druid that Cenarius had cultivated for him. Illidan also had great Druidic potential from day one, but given the givens it was never realized (and Cenarius told him his path lay elsewhere).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If your theory turns out true, then..well

Goodbye WOW lore.

Cause, That'll RUIN everything about azshara's character. She's EVIL! She's like WOWs cell, always wanting to be perfect, no matter the consequences. She serves no one, she wants power. She accepted the legion for More Glory, She accepted N'zoth's gift for Power, And Glory, not because she wanted to "Serve"Him.

She's a villain, and if she falls victim under this shit, then..the Main villains will become SO FUCKING GENERIC!

Oh look, Demons, that means they're a bad....

Oh look, purple, that means they're a bad...

Oh look, An elf that kills people for more power, Another elf that enslaves Angels for immortality, and another Elven Sea Creature that kills people for Her "Naga", and for revenge, THAT MEANS THEY'RE SAVIORS!

A Worgen wanting to take vengeance against a banshee witch for murdering his people? KILL IT!

A Human wanting more power, only to be outclassed by an elf? Welp, IT'S AN ELF, MEANING THE HUMAN IS WORTHLESS!

Here's what I've learned: If you're not Apart of the light, Or if you're not the guardian, Or a Draenei/Orc/Elf, prepare to become a minor character....

P.s. Elune didn't create Naarus , she ain't a "true goddess" and 99.9% is just the manifestation of Azeroth's consciousness

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post

Goodbye WOW lore.

Cause, That'll RUIN everything about azshara's character. She's EVIL! She's like WOWs cell, always wanting to be perfect, no matter the consequences. She serves no one, she wants power. She accepted the legion for More Glory, She accepted N'zoth's gift for Power, And Glory, not because she wanted to "Serve"Him.

She's a villain, and if she falls victim under this shit, then..the Main villains will become SO FUCKING GENERIC!

Oh look, An elf that kills people for more power, Another elf that enslaves Angels for immortality, and another Elven Sea Creature that kills people for Her "Naga", and for revenge, THAT MEANS THEY'RE SAVIORS!

A Worgen wanting to take vengeance against a banshee witch for murdering his people? KILL IT!

A Human wanting more power, only to be outclassed by an elf? Welp, IT'S AN ELF, MEANING THE HUMAN IS WORTHLESS!

Here's what I've learned: If you're not Apart of the light, Or if you're not the guardian, Or a Draenei/Orc/Elf, prepare to become a minor character....
    we've had tons of humans not paladins that have been major characters, and no one is more major than Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    we've had tons of humans not paladins that have been major characters, and no one is more major than Thrall
    And look at where they're at now

...No, seriously, named the "Many" human guys that ARE warriors, as well as MAJOR warriors.

Oh wait, ya can't, cause Most of them are ALL DEAD! Every warrior i've seen Nowadays are either Valajar, orc, Or...idk....apart of the light?

And thrall lost his shit, right after he defeated the destroyer with his Deus X Bs....

First, we have Green jesus, Now we have Purple Jesus, what's next? Blue Queensus? Oh god no....

Green jesus was enough as it is....

Purple Jesus is now pushing it...

And Blue Queensus? I'll be ded then....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    P.s. Elune didn't create Naarus , she ain't a "true goddess" and 99.9% is just the manifestation of Azeroth's consciousness
    You're right, she didn't create the naaru.

They created themselves, they're Light shards, similar to how the Void Lords are like Void Shards of the Light/Void's Clash to create EVERYTHING!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    And look at where they're at now

...No, seriously, named the "Many" human guys that ARE warriors, as well as MAJOR warriors.

Oh wait, ya can't, cause Most of them are ALL DEAD! Every warrior i've seen Nowadays are either Valajar, orc, Or...idk....apart of the light?

And thrall lost his shit, right after he defeated the destroyer with his Deus X Bs....

First, we have Green jesus, Now we have Purple Jesus, what's next? Blue Queensus? Oh god no....

Green jesus was enough as it is....

Purple Jesus is now pushing it...

And Blue Queensus? I'll be ded then....
    The following are human warriors I know of off-hand, including Worgen who are at least partially human:

Danath Trollbane
    Genn Greymane
    Darius Crowley
    Jes Tereth
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The following are human warriors I know of off-hand, including Worgen who are at least partially human:

Danath Trollbane
    Genn Greymane
    Darius Crowley
    Jes Tereth
    Ok.

1. Danath is...where again? All he did was say "Hi" to the warrior, only to run away...

2. Genn is fine, but is getting LOTS of shit toward sylvanas fan.s And because of this, Blizzard is giving sylvanas the goop, while they give genn the Mud...

3. ...Who's Darius again?

4. Jes? Never heard of em.

Genn is the only major character that I know other than that shadowblade guy....

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm. I know darius. Still, doesn't have MUCH character to him, other than the fact that he's a helper of greymane, and the fact that he helped with shit in the LOW lvl questlines...

Talkin about legion though, not cata...

And jes? I mean, she's major in MoP, yet...still in the exact same place in legion AKA SW keep.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Ok.

1. Danath is...where again? All he did was say "Hi" to the warrior, only to run away...

2. Genn is fine, but is getting LOTS of shit toward sylvanas fan.s And because of this, Blizzard is giving sylvanas the goop, while they give genn the Mud...

3. ...Who's Darius again?

4. Jes? Never heard of em.

Genn is the only major character that I know other than that shadowblade guy....
    Danath is at Honor Hold in Outland, but regardless he's still a pretty legendary human warrior hailing from WC2. Darius is one of Genn's teeth-clenched teammates among the Worgen - he's still alive and kicking, and is aboard the Skyfire at the failed assault of the Broken Shore. Jes Tereth is the current Grand Admiral of the Alliance Navy, and can be found in Stormwind. She appears in the MoP intro cinematic as part of Varian's inner circle of advisers.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    So I ran through the Xera quest line again, and I must say, I enjoyed it much more the second time round without all the negative pre-conceptions and so was able to pick up a few things:

1. Illidan is a child of Light and Shadow: Champion of the Light we dub him, but the lore states him as the one destined to bring an end to the demons
    Xera:

for the Xera haters: Xera is not a kil'jaeden tool, Xe'ra is the one that informs the in-game world through the hero of the fall of the titans. Remember, Chronicle vol 1 knowledge is not common-knowledge in-game. Not sure even the Keepers know of the titans' demise. Xe'ra being one of the first naaru does. Also of knowledge of creation which pre-dates Sargeras who was awoken by Aman'thul long after the original ordering

The crucible of creation and the great ordering of the cosmos, is probably the surest indication that Elune indeed is as they said she was the true goddess. She would pre-date the titans (therefore not a titan) as she created the Naaru and ordered the creation of the universe. She is probably both light and shadow as the two together clashing is what caused the great dark beyond (the warcraft universe) to come to be.

2. Also Xera says this:

Now Illidan's golden eyes signify a great destiny, and while that is no longer the case for night elves, it woudl have been for Azshara too. Question is, there far more to Azshara than we've seen so far. Sure Empress of the greatest empire ever on Azeroth is no small feat, Azeroth was never so well shaped and tended too by the night elves in the height of her reign, but she also brought in the Legion, and she's still around.

My Azshara- theory
    I suspect that the Azshara might be linked to Azeroth herself, and part of her craziness was old god influenced. The old gods spotted the connection and used Azshara's vanity to lure her. Azshara loved beauty and she was all about making Azeroth a perfect paradise both for sentients through amazing cities and place to live that complemented the natural enviornment, and for animals/fauna by shaping beuatiufl forests, it wasn't jsut her, but her people - which is why bringing the legion was so traumatic to night elves because it accomplished everything they stood against. But the process that led to such a noble and outstanding individual being corrupted is what i would like to read about.

the original Warcraft timeline had the war of the ancients go on for 250 years, and no one knows how long Azshara had been in contact with Sargeras... the elves wielding such incredible power, able to scope the stars - with their ever starward focus, she would have eventually come acrsoss all kidns of horrors and possibly wonders, and perhaps desired greatly to extend the work on Azeorth to the cosmos. I believe this would have initially motivated the queen to stretch beyond safe limits. Sargeras could have fooled her by playing to her desires at first, then slowly twisting the Queen to come to see that a destruction was worth but in order to rebuild. I would imagine that Azshara was not initially fooled by the titan, though amazed at his power and i think he woudl not have been able to turn her to utter destruction, which led eventually to subterfuge, twisting his motives of destruction to appear as a chance for rebirth - which in effect they are, Sargeras wants to destroy the existing order so the light can genesis a new great beyond without any corruption. In time shown her...eventually resulting in a changed perspective, no longer tursting Elune th elight, but instead the power of knowledge in self, cranking up digging hte mysteries of the wel, Azshara woudl now work to make her people ready to join the magical elites of the universe as leaders, afterall she has aeons to catch up on, so she pushes them further, arrogance, and measure of goldness creeps in, and the highborne take cue on this like its a fashion trend so smitten by their Queen and viewing themselves as extensions of her, adopted her view point.

The masses having no idea ofc that it is Azshara that has become so arrogant- because she hides it so well under her beauty and graceful speesch, and the memory of when she was genuinely pure goodness, her highborne act out the queen's true postiion. not all of them ofc, but generally enough as a group to draw the ire of their kin - this leads to the haughty state we witness become part of noble culture in Suramar (as seen in some nightborne both 10,000 years ago in the war of the ancients when they were highborne and currently in legion)

okay, i'm rambling off course. Long and short, speculation about Azeroth links, Azshara is not done with yet and may have an equally important role.

TLDR version: Illidan is a child of both LIGHT and SHADOW, this is going to be the champion of the light, for while the void lords and the legion may want the destruction of everything, he will be their undoing by embracing and wielding both kinds. It likely means Illidan will learn to wield BOTH light and shadow/fel magic which means, that he will retain his demonic abilities - already a master of both order (arcane) and chaos (fel) he is going to reflect both. And Azshara, the other with golden eyes, probably has more to come

- - - Updated - - -

Seems the opposite of Azshara, who had string of success after success and quite the opposite of rejection, finding acceptance and everyone around her wanting her. yet she to is guided by the unseen hand of fate - but it would seem hers ends in ultimate defeat, and whiles his in victory
    In the illidan novel there is a vision where illidan uses the light when it fights against the void

Danath is at Honor Hold in Outland, but regardless he's still a pretty legendary human warrior hailing from WC2. Darius is one of Genn's teeth-clenched teammates among the Worgen - he's still alive and kicking, and is aboard the Skyfire at the failed assault of the Broken Shore. Jes Tereth is the current Grand Admiral of the Alliance Navy, and can be found in Stormwind. She appears in the MoP intro cinematic as part of Varian's inner circle of advisers.
    Half of them are from past expansions, i'm talking about LEGION! And here, I see barely any Human warriors (Other than Genn) that are good, and honorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Half of them are from past expansions, i'm talking about LEGION! And here, I see barely any Human warriors (Other than Genn) that are good, and honorable.
    Hmmm, that seems like a very specific criteria you're looking for, then. There are several race/class combinations that don't have marquee positions in Legion as main characters. Same with every expansion or content patch - the limelight moves around.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    azshara didn't care about making azeroth safe for sentients, she cared about being adored and having power. everything she ever had built was for her glory and majesty, nothing else. she wasn't corrupted, she's just a female version of gul'dan. only instead of just power, she also wanted adoration.

idk about the other stuff, but azshara was not even remotely as goodhearted as you claim.
    B...but Mah Frienship, and anime...

/sarcasm

Seriously though, You just made the perfect reasoning as to why azshara should stay bad....

She's The Void/Old God's version of Gul'dan, but...more....needing to be beatified..and...perfect...like cell from DBZ...but...a female...

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm, that seems like a very specific criteria you're looking for, then. There are several race/class combinations that don't have marquee positions in Legion as main characters. Same with every expansion or content patch - the limelight moves around.
    You can tell that i'm very strict with characters.

If I see 1 thing that makes me question, then I hate it.

Val'sharah is fine, would've wanted less of a fast pace though...

Stormheim is good, but Sylvanas should see someone for help. Maybe she should ASK for some life, instead of just going to the queen of the dead, demanding the val'kyr to serve her, only for Sylv to just enslave them. Genn did well, but Sylvanas ran scott free, without the horde questioning her actions. I mean sylvanas makes a pact with the queen of the damned, she tells me that i'm the hope of the horde, I then talk to helya, and then she makes me her pet.....like...wot?

Highmountain would've been better with Baine as warchief, so we would've have more tauren badassery with the legion, instead of finishing up a cataclysm story-line that's over 5-6 years old....

Azsuna was fine, give me N'zoth's face and then we're scott....

And Suramar would've been better, had it not been for the horrible development of some characters, and due to the end....

Illidan is also an Anti-hero, not a "SUPER HERO OF JUSTICE" like xe'ra says I am. It feels like i'm the villain in cases like this, and after all I've been though, I give a big middle finger toward that....

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    There was never a hint Azshara was ever a good person, I don't think she is linked to Azeroth. Why does everyone need to have some magic link to be an arrogant/vain/evil ass? She just power-tripped on Arcane and then later on fel.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    There was never a hint Azshara was ever a good person, I don't think she is linked to Azeroth. Why does everyone need to have some magic link to be an arrogant/vain/evil ass? She just power-tripped on Arcane and then later on fel.
    THANK YOU! But, let's not forget the void.

Either way, THANK

YOU

!

1. You remind me how bad the whole Med'an 2.0 is.
    2. Amber eyes were later confirmed to be the sign of druidic potential. It's not even exclusive to night elves anymore. After Malfurion had begun spreading Druidism, many have since awakened them even Hamuul did.

Goodbye WOW lore.

To be fair, Azshara was never "evil" by contemporary standards. She was just a standard monarch. When you are the "queen", there is no morality issues that we are discussing right now. She was basically the queen of the planet as she knew it and done as she felt fit. There were no laws for her to obey or codes to follow. She wasn't cruel to her people or at least was never cruel for cruelty's sake. So I don't know where people are getting this strong "she is evil" statement? She wasn't directly involved with burning legions plan either, she was just experimenting with the well and wanted power, which was her right as the freaking ruler? After burning legion invaded, things go out of whack with her being drunk in power and blind to the real intentions of the legion, I mean she wanted to rule over azeroth not destroy it up until the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    To be fair, Azshara was never "evil" by contemporary standards. She was just a standard monarch. When you are the "queen", there is no morality issues that we are discussing right now. She was basically the queen of the planet as she knew it and done as she felt fit. There were no laws for her to obey or codes to follow. She wasn't cruel to her people or at least was never cruel for cruelty's sake. So I don't know where people are getting this strong "she is evil" statement? She wasn't directly involved with burning legions plan either, she was just experimenting with the well and wanted power, which was her right as the freaking ruler? After burning legion invaded, things go out of whack with her being drunk in power and blind to the real intentions of the legion, I mean she wanted to rule over azeroth not destroy it up until the very end.
    err furthering your goals at the expense of others is certainly an evil act. She was fully aware of it when the highborne cut off the well from the night elf people except those in the palace. Azshara knew almost everything going on but she was the type that wouldn't dirty her hands unless neccessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    err furthering your goals at the expense of others is certainly an evil act. She was fully aware of it when the highborne cut off the well from the night elf people except those in the palace. Azshara knew almost everything going on but she was the type that wouldn't dirty her hands unless neccessary.
    You are missing the part where I was trying to judge her by contemporary standards. She was "THE QUEEN" , if she decided that the well is only for the highborne, it was her right as the damn owner of the thing. I am not saying she is mother Theresa, I'm just trying to say we can't call her "evil" just because she ruled the way she wanted to. Now I realize after the burning legion enters the scene, things spiral out of control, but up until that point she wasn't being intentionally cruel or making purposely bad decisions to hurt her people. She was exercising her power as the ruler of the elves. I don't really understand the impact cutting the people from the well part also, does elves need to be in the physical presence of the well periodically? does the chronicles address that at any point, cause that would mean elves can't basically travel too far from their land at any point in history until the sundering, which makes no sense.