Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Didn't Obama fire all the Bush appointed US Attorneys? OMG, Obama was Literally Hitler!
    Obama replaced them over the course of his first year in a gradual manner, giving them an opportunity to wrap up their job, get their teams organized and have an orderly transition.

It was described as "respectful" and "classy". Because that's how public servants should be treated.

What he DIDN'T do is fire all of them on a whim and tell them to clean out their offices by Monday. Bill Clinton did that in 1993, but he, like Trump and his supporters, was a man of zero class.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    My brother is an Assistant District Attorney in New York City (not Federal court).

He was going to apply to the feds this year, as a non-political prosecutor.

I say was because he is not anymore. Because of Trump and Jeff Sessions. Any other Republican he would have. Not an Alabama racist and... well... we all know what Trump is. Just one ADA to be sure, but indicative of his office. The people in their 30s there, who were looking for Federal jobs, are now looking to private law firms or staying on at their DA's office. Fact is, this is what happens when extremist governments come to power, regardless of country: the talent people... the people civil society needs to function, run the other way.

My brother is one of the most just and moral people I've ever met. He has zero interest in working at a private firm because he wants to make the city and the world a better place. It certainly isn't the pay, which is garbage. But the moral line that he won't cross is working for a DoJ under Sessions and Trump.

Don't be surprised when they have trouble filling positions... like everywhere else in the Federal government. Everyone knows how this ends. The good people... the people the country needs... they'll wait out our nation's little bender-driven experiment with illiberal democracy.
    giving this administrations actions, gutting government is exactly what they want

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    giving this administrations actions, gutting government is exactly what they want
    Oh yeah it's entirely intentional. The disrespect shown here was meant to be a deterrent, my brother said.

Trump accomplish that goal splendidly. The joke of it is, it's ultimately self defeating. If the better lawyers stay at the State level, when the States take the Federal Government to court, they'll have a better shot at walking all over whatever third rate scrubs the Trump Administration digs up at Alabama State Law or something. Sessions is a manager. It's his huge number of subordinates across the country who actually handle cases.

Good luck staffing all the districts in a timely manner, Trump.

Oh yeah it's entirely intentional. The disrespect shown here was meant to be a deterrent, my brother said.

Trump accomplish that goal splendidly. The joke of it is, it's ultimately self defeating. If the better lawyers stay at the State level, when the States take the Federal Government to court, they'll have a better shot at walking all over whatever third rate scrubs the Trump Administration digs up at Alabama State Law or something. Sessions is a manager. It's his huge number of subordinates across the country who actually handle cases.

Good luck staffing all the districts in a timely manner, Trump.

apparently bharara was also about to follow up to a formal ethics complaint on Trump foundation being a vehicle for foreign bribery

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    He (along with all of them) are political appointees that typically rotate out whenever a new president comes into office.
    This is not 'news'.
    Except for the Gross violation of decorum in not resigning after being asked.
    Shhhh. You can't post facts, the liberals don't know how to deal with them.

The only reason this stuff is news, is "Trump".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cûr View Post
    Shhhh. You can't post facts, the liberals don't know how to deal with them.

The only reason this stuff is news, is "Trump".
    So, who is being rotated in? No one? Huh....
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Erdogan is having the best of his time in the office right now. Bharara is gone, so that corruption case of "Reza" iran-usa-turkey is also gone...if the new attorney is not corrupt however, it may actually ruin the day for erdogan. Anyway, typical of Trump, I see no difference between erdogan or trump.

Need a source saying he was working on any investigation to begin with.

Obama replaced them over the course of his first year in a gradual manner, giving them an opportunity to wrap up their job, get their teams organized and have an orderly transition.

It was described as "respectful" and "classy". Because that's how public servants should be treated.

What he DIDN'T do is fire all of them on a whim and tell them to clean out their offices by Monday. Bill Clinton did that in 1993, but he, like Trump and his supporters, was a man of zero class.
    Janet Reno fired 93 in one day. And she "fired them" atleast Session allowed them to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Janet Reno fired 93 in one day. And she "fired them" atleast Session allowed them to resign.
    Janet Reno also had a list of dossiers and candidates in mind for the vacant positions that were filled near instantly.

Trump doesn't. He's gutting the departments with little to no warning or replacement plan to go with. We basically STILL don't even have a Department of State right now for example aside from Tillerson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Janet Reno also had a list of dossiers and candidates in mind for the vacant positions that were filled near instantly.

Trump doesn't. He's gutting the departments with little to no warning or replacement plan to go with. We basically STILL don't even have a Department of State right now for example aside from Tillerson.

He isn't gutting anything. There are people that will fill the roles until replaced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Many didn't find out they where being "allowed to resign" till they saw the announcement on Twitter.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    After refusing into forced resignation with the attempted purges going on by Trump and Sessions, Preet Bharara was apparently fired.

Jesus fucking christ. He was one of the nation's best and most respected federal prosecutors but the DOJ at request of Trump and new AG Sessions have begun trying to purge. Bharara was even asked to stay by Trump and Sessions after the election before just in the past week demanding their resignation of select attorneys for reasons not given.

edit: The twist, Bharara would be the prosecutor overseeing the investigation on Trump Tower, the wiretapping claim, and any information pulled from the FBI's investigation of the server communications with Russian banks coming from the Trump email server.
    And now they are nominating a former Fox News attorney. This just gets better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why is it a gross violation of decorum to not resign when asked?
    Because the POTUS is then forced to fire you and the swamp can use that to make it seem as if your government is disorganized. This thread is the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    so wait Trump got rid of the guy that was going to do the investigation for him?
    I have a feeling that somehow Liberals (Obama and Hillary and their goons) really did that and trying to blame it on Trump.

That is if he really did not fire the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    He isn't gutting anything. There are people that will fill the roles until replaced.
    Tell that to the state department that is in total disarray and even being left out of meetings with foreign parties because they have next to no senior staffing almost 2 months later. They purged the department, have made no effort in getting replacements, and according to reports aren't even making it a priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell that to the state department that is in total disarray and even being left out of meetings with foreign parties because they have next to no senior staffing almost 2 months later. They purged the department, have made no effort in getting replacements, and according to reports aren't even making it a priority.

Source on any of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Many didn't find out they where being "allowed to resign" till they saw the announcement on Twitter.
    So? They expected to be fired or asked to resign, it happens every time there is a change of power. I'm calling bullshit they didn't expect it. It literally happens every time. Laughable, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Because the POTUS is then forced to fire you and the swamp can use that to make it seem as if your government is disorganized. This thread is the reason.
    But, that's not really a Robles with decorum.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    My brother is an Assistant District Attorney in New York City (not Federal court).

He was going to apply to the feds this year, as a non-political prosecutor.

---------
    Good, if he is so thin skinned that he gets triggered that easily, he has no business as a prosecutor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    you can't debate and vote on a nominee that doesn't exist, as for delaying nominee's DID YOU FUCKING FORGET THE 8 YEARS UNDER OBAMA AND THE GOP'S OBSTRUCTIONISM? including nominee positions.

This isn't the only position that has been abruptly gutted without replacements as well, its happened all over the place, over many agencies: this is simply the highest profile one.
    Obama filled his cabinet mostly without objection, with exception to Van Jones. As for the GOP obstructionism, well, when you don't control all levels of government, if you want to pass something, you probably need to compromise if the other party needs to sign off on legilation. We all know however that Obama and compromise aren't compatible as per his "I have a pen and phone" comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You're literally saying a president lying and going back on his word doesn't mean anything.
    You're literally saying that a president isn't allowed to change his mind and should somehow shouldn't be able to act within his constitutional duties because /reason. The fact is this guy was asked for his resignation and he refused, so he had his ass fired. #Cue butt hurt liberal babies.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Good, if he is so thin skinned that he gets triggered that easily, he has no business as a prosecutor.

- - - Updated - - -

Obama filled his cabinet mostly without objection, with exception to Van Jones. As for the GOP obstructionism, well, when you don't control all levels of government, if you want to pass something, you probably need to compromise if the other party needs to sign off on legilation. We all know however that Obama and compromise aren't compatible as per his "I have a pen and phone" comments.

- - - Updated - - -

You're literally saying that a president isn't allowed to change his mind and should somehow shouldn't be able to act within his constitutional duties because /reason. The fact is this guy was asked for his resignation and he refused, so he had his ass fired. #Cue butt hurt liberal babies.
    the pen and phone comment, was due to dealing with a literal do nothing congress, who filibustered their own bills and did everything in their power to burn the figurative house down just to snub the president for the sake of political points. FROM DAY ONE, key GoP officials vowed to not work with the president on ANYTHING. the whole Obama won't compromise narrative is simple rhetoric that sound good to the gop base.