Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    It -is- victim blaming.
    The point shouldnt be that women shouldnt get plastered, nor that men are rapemonsters that cant control themselves when they find a drunk woman.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we blame a murder victim for getting killed too?

Police give out warnings and 'tips' all the time for various crimes. i.e lock your doors, do not go to this neighborhood at night, if you see this person call 911 immediately.

Point is criminals will break the law regardless of whether or not we think it's human decency/law/etc not to. Giving people advice on how to further minimize their chances of being a victim is better than them being a victim.

'Be careful how much you drink' vs 'Well it's your fault you got drunk' one is victim blaming the other is advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    Being drunk as a subject in this case is not an "excuse" to be raped it's a risk factor, more often than not, especially at colleges, both parties are drunk

What does feminism have to do with this? More specifically third wave feminism, which isn't about equality but about envy of men's natural roles in society and hatred of women's traditional roles, typically people that subscribe to this incarnation of feminism trivialize rape to something like regretful sex lol

Just like they trivialize women's rights to aborting babies
    So you hate women and are scared of them having control over their own bodies?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meafy View Post
    Police give out warnings and 'tips' all the time for various crimes. i.e lock your doors, do not go to this neighborhood at night, if you see this person call 911 immediately.

Point is criminals will break the law regardless of whether or not we think it's human decency/law/etc not to. Giving people advice on how to further minimize their chances of being a victim is better than them being a victim.

'Be careful how much you drink' vs 'Well it's your fault you got drunk' one is victim blaming the other is advice.
    Yes police not judges, therected is a huge difference between the two.

Lol victim blaming? Thats like saying "oh i didnt know that drinking and driving could possibly lead to me running someone over" "Its not my fault i didnt choose to run them over"

Oh please. If you drink, man or women. You are a part of the consequences. And dont act like they wont come out because they dont think they will be believed. You know why you wont be believed? Its because you cant recall or remember shit about the incident. How are we supposed to believe you when its your unsure word against his?

Its like they dont understand how courts work. "Oh hey were just going to believe that this guy is a witness just because a camera shows him at the scene but when we ask him what happened that day he changes his story every time because he was high on meth and cant remember shit, But yea were just going to take his multiple versions of the story and put them all together and thats the truth so we can convict this other guy."

Bull Fing shit. If you cant get your story straight and you cant remember thats on you. Unless you were drugged by your victim unknowingly, its partially your fault. Your an adult, you take risks. Drinking has alot of risks that come with it. You know these risks and you drink anyway. So you accept the consequences of your choices whether you remember or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    just killing them would be a waste, and i do hate the idea of killing something.

no, we should experiment on them until they die. if they die, at least it was for a good cause.
    Sounds good to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    As far as I am concerned this judge is stupid and should be sacked immediately.
    Speaking of...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Daily Mail
    A retiring judge
    Aren't you quite the light of the party?

A judge, speaking from the position of a plethora of experience and statistical first hand data, such person might just know what they're talking about when they issue a warning to help people avoiding to become a victim.
    Which leads to the next thing... Since it is just a warning and a tip for better prevention, it is not victim blaming. In order to be a victim a crime had to happen in the first place for that matter.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    feminist look at every situation as a one sided coin, that makes them inherently flawed (and imo annoying).

If a judge says a guy getting wasted on booze has a bigger chance of getting mugged or robbed you wont see male activist grps (do these even exist?) spouting rubbish.
    They probably wouldn't because they are too busy bashing feminism online 24/7 because they are so threatened by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rape is illegal for a good reason. There is zero excuses to rape anyone ever.

As far as I am concerned this judge is stupid and should be sacked immediately. This is like saying you shouldn't buy windows for your house because it will give robbers a veiw inside and it's far easier to break a window than a wall. You deserve to have your stuff stolen.

Also what does feminism have to do with this, it's not some boogeyman out to get you, here they have a very sensible point. Victim blaming is pointless in all crimes as it never addresses the problem with the perpetrators and why they commit the crime in the first place.
    Don't worry unhinged, I agree with you. Clearly a more common sense warning would have been to tell the woman to keep drinking as much as she wants but to always remember to stick a bear trap in her vagina before going out to deter rapists. Can't commit rape if you have no dick amirite? #TrappednPowerful
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Victim blaming actually does excuse in part some of the perpetrators guilt as you are in fact putting a part of the blame onto the victim.

Also I wouldn't be mocking peoples IQ if I were you. You cannot even construct a logical debate to retort my statements. You just launch into a personal attack because I don't share your bigoted veiw.
    If you are stupid enough to knowingly put yourself in dangerous situations you deserve to be blamed for it and this applies to everyone.

Deleted
    As far as I am concerned this judge is stupid and should be sacked immediately. This is like saying you shouldn't buy windows for your house because it will give robbers a veiw inside and it's far easier to break a window than a wall. You deserve to have your stuff stolen.
    A more accurate analogy would be warning people not to leave all the doors and windows wide open before leaving their house for the day. But of course that would be a common sense statement much like what the judge did.

If we replace getting raped with getting robbed in the judges statement Im reasonably sure (there are so many types of people out there after all) that no one would disagree. Perhaps to be safe from people twisting her words the judge should just have been more generalised. "people looking to commit a crime will gravitate to those who are fall down drunk as they are easy targets".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Don't worry unhinged, I agree with you. Clearly a more common sense warning would have been to tell the woman to keep drinking as much as she wants but to always remember to stick a bear trap in her vagina before going out to deter rapists. Can't commit rape if you have no dick amirite? #TrappednPowerful
    I thought it was #catchthatschlong
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Lol victim blaming? Thats like saying "oh i didnt know that drinking and driving could possibly lead to me running someone over" "Its not my fault i didnt choose to run them over"

Oh please. If you drink, man or women. You are a part of the consequences. And dont act like they wont come out because they dont think they will be believed. You know why you wont be believed? Its because you cant recall or remember shit about the incident. How are we supposed to believe you when its your unsure word against his?

Its like they dont understand how courts work. "Oh hey were just going to believe that this guy is a witness just because a camera shows him at the scene but when we ask him what happened that day he changes his story every time because he was high on meth and cant remember shit, But yea were just going to take his multiple versions of the story and put them all together and thats the truth so we can convict this other guy."

Bull Fing shit. If you cant get your story straight and you cant remember thats on you. Unless you were drugged by your victim unknowingly, its partially your fault. Your an adult, you take risks. Drinking has alot of risks that come with it. You know these risks and you drink anyway. So you accept the consequences of your choices whether you remember or not.
    No, been drunk does not make you partially to blame.

- - - Updated - - -

If people like you are actually real and not an internet meme, the world just became several times scarier. Delusions of this magnitude shouldn't exist.

On topic, I feel that the judge's warning was even pandering to people who would take offense to a statement warning about rape, and yet still here we are. What a world.

No, there really isn't. At this point, are you honestly just arguing for the sake of arguing?

Deleted
    oh im not saying the judges words are not valid, as long as they punish people who do illigal stuff, its only a problem when they let people go after commiting a crime

Quote Originally Posted by Helcion View Post
    No, there really isn't. At this point, are you honestly just arguing for the sake of arguing?
    There is a huge difference.

The judge urges caution to people about rapists targeting drunks. How is this victim blaming?

She's saying that in her job she sees that rapists are targeting drunk women. There are people out there that are capable of rape. They seem to target drunk women. How is it not sensible to make sure people remain aware of that?

If I issue a warning that reads "Beware, there's pick-pockets in this area that target the elderly." am I victim-blaming people for being old? Am I blaming people for being robbed?

This judge is trying to help people based on her observations. The people responding with aggression need to reflect a little more.

Edit: And yes, I know that there are people who -do- make such statements, and that there are times when factors like "What were you wearing" or "Were you drinking" are unfairly used in cases. And that perhaps there are some systemic things that do deserve further correction. But that doesn't mean we should condemn this case that does not overlap with that.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-03-14 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    If people like you are actually real and not an internet meme, the world just became several times scarier. Delusions of this magnitude shouldn't exist.

On topic, I feel that the judge's warning was even pandering to people who would take offense to a statement warning about rape, and yet still here we are. What a world.
    The scary world is the amount of victim blaming rape apologists in here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The judge urges caution to people about rapists targeting drunks. How is this victim blaming?

She's saying that in her job she sees that rapists are targeting drunk women. There are people out there that are capable of rape. They seem to target drunk women. How is it not sensible to make sure people remain aware of that?

If I issue a warning that reads "Beware, there's pick-pockets in this area that target the elderly." am I victim-blaming people for being old? Am I blaming people for being robbed?

This judge is trying to help people based on her observations. The people responding with aggression need to reflect a little more.
    The highest risk group for rape is women with partners. The judge isn't giving any good advice for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I thought it was #catchthatschlong
    #DongDisarming #PenisPilferer and #MyOtherTrapShootsPepperSpray were also quite popular.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

- - - Updated - - -

How on earth did you garner that from what I said? Lol

The scary world is the amount of victim blaming rape apologists in here
    I've read most of the thread, I see you accusing people of victim shaming more than I see anything else. I don't think it means what you think it means.

That said, even if you were right about everyone you accused of victim shaming (which would be most of the thread's participants), the scarier reality is still that people like you exist, and I say that as someone who's experienced attempted rape and actual victim shaming happening to a friend. People like you accusing everyone of victim shaming takes the blame and responsibility AWAY from the actual victim shaming assholes.

But hey, that's not what you're interested in, is it?
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2017-03-14 at 11:07 AM.