Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    A retiring judge issued a common sense warning to women who like to get overly drunk, saying they are "a target because they are less likely to put up a fight".

Yet for stating the obvious the feminists have come out and condemned her for victim blaming. This is ridiculous, she is not excusing rapists she is just making the sensible point that women should protect themselves. Victim's groups claim:

Full story here:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ken-women.html

Just how far do we absolve people from any responsibility for their own protection?
    The judge is a WOMAN? Wow feminism is literally cancer, its eating its own

edit: judge looks like a anubis?

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Perjury is already a crime.

It is but I was using the extreme example above about severe punishment for convicted rapist and how a severe punishment might deter the crime. It might. In that case, a similar severe punishment for liars needs to happen as well to prevent lying about rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    That's what's called paranoia and sexism. You should probably get some help if you think all men are rapists.
    You are putting words in my mouth. I never said all men are rapists. I said women can't tell which are so they have to assume all might.

You are putting words in my mouth. I never said all men are rapists. I said women can't tell which are so they have to assume all might.
    There is no meaningful difference between "potential rapists" and "rapists" when it's just a suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    But no, let's as has been said take away all personal responsibility and see how much crime goes up.
    Personal responsibility? So you are saying a victim is indeed responsible for a crime committed against them? How is that not victim blaming? And how much percentage of the rape is the drunk woman's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It is but I was using the extreme example above about severe punishment for convicted rapist and how a severe punishment might deter the crime. It might. In that case, a similar severe punishment for liars needs to happen as well to prevent lying about rape.
    Rape is worse than lying.

SNIP...

Rape is worse than lying.
    I doubt victims of either when it comes to being raped and being falsely accused of rape will ever agree there if the punishment for the lies has already been doled out and those punishments being as severe as the ones mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Hmm, maybe we should apply this logic to other groups of people, like African-american people. You cannot know which is which. Schrödinger's thug.
    His hypocrisy is well documented.

Anti-drug (wants harsher sentencing) yet also anti-prison complex. Yea have fun figuring that one out.

There is no meaningful difference between "potential rapists" and "rapists" when it's just a suspicion.
    That is missing the point. It's not a judgement of individual men, but rather common sense caution for women.

Just like it is common sense to treat every gun like it is loaded.

The most sensible thing for women, if they don't want to get raped, but also men if they don't want to get raped, is to avoid men at all costs.

Stay far away from them. And you're save.
    Last edited by Elba; 2017-03-14 at 09:06 PM.

That is missing the point. It's not a judgement of individual men, but rather common sense caution for women.

Just like it is common sense to treat every gone like it is loaded.

The most sensible thing for women, if they don't want to get raped, but also men if they don't want to get raped, is to avoid men at all costs.

I haven't been raped yet so far despite hanging around men all my life. Funny that, no? Men are generally safe to be around albeit some are a pain in the ass since they can't just be friends but wants a relationship or to fuck you. Doesn't mean it's unsafe to be around men.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    His hypocrisy is well documented.

Anti-drug (wants harsher sentencing) yet also anti-prison complex. Yea have fun figuring that one out.
    I have explained that one to you countless times. You can support harsh sentences for certain crimes and be opposed to for profit prisons. Yet you always ignore and dredge it up all the time on topics that have nothing to do with ti as a weak attempt at some gotcha, rofl.

Maybe I should put it in my sig?

Just like it is common sense to treat every gone like it is loaded.

So it's women's responsibility to avoid men when men are the one's who rape them?

How is this not victim blaming?

I haven't been raped yet so far despite hanging around men all my life. Funny that, no? Men are generally safe to be around albeit some are a pain in the ass since they can't just be friends but wants a relationship or to fuck you. Doesn't mean it's unsafe to be around men.
    I guess you've also been drunk before and haven't been raped? Like countless women before?

But better save than sorry. I am just trying to give you sound advice. If you avoid men you minimize the risk. Take some responsibility.

The number one source of women being raped is men.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So it's women's responsibility to avoid men when men are the one's who rape them?

How is this not victim blaming?
    Exactly.

/10

I guess you've also been drunk before and haven't been raped? Like countless women before?

But better save than sorry. I am just trying to give you sound advice. If you avoid men you minimize the risk. Take some responsibility.
    If I avoid men because of a minuscule risk of rape I'm paranoid not to mention, sexist. It's not being responsible to be paranoid and sexist.

If I avoid men because of a minuscule risk of rape I'm paranoid not to mention, sexist. It's not being responsible to be paranoid and sexist.
    So should women avoid getting drunk in order not to get raped or would that be paranoid?

So should women avoid getting drunk in order not to get raped or would that be paranoid?
    I see no reason why women should avoid getting drunk because of some minuscule risk of rape.

I see no reason why women should avoid getting drunk because of some minuscule risk of rape.
    Well, you're a minority in this thread then.

Well, you're a minority in this thread then.
    I wouldn't say that.

If you think women shouldn't get drunk, why not just outlaw them drinking in bars and public places? That would certainly make things easier...

The judge didn't say anything unreasonable. Libtards like this one need to stfu. Leaving doors unlocked at night or when away isn't an invitation for someone to come burgle our homes; yet sensible people lock their doors whether they're at home or away.

Why? Because sensible people are cognizant that there are people out there that DO NOT PLAY BY THE RULES.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I wouldn't say that.

If you think women shouldn't get drunk, why not just outlaw them drinking in bars and public places? That would certainly make things easier...
    I don't think women shouldn't get drunk. And I don't think women are in any shape or form ever responsible for getting raped.

Point is lots of people in this thread think if a woman gets drunk and raped it is her own fault as she could have avoided it.

But, what those people neglect to think about is that alcohol is not the factor why women get raped but men are.

If a woman does not drink but is around men she might still get raped.

If a woman does drink but is not around men she won't get raped.

See how absurd this all is?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it amusing how anyone calls this victim blaming. It would only be victim blaming for anyone who became a victim of rape, but prior to such an incident, you aren't a victim, now are you? Taking responsibility for your own choices prevents you from becoming a victim.